Anyone coming up to Sydney for the game?

Remove this Banner Ad

Cthublhu

Club Legend
Suspended
Aug 9, 2007
Placid Island of Ignorance
AFL Club
Carlton
Carlton coming up here is always a bit of a highlight for me. Okay we haven't won since 1485 (or something like that) but it's nice to go to a live game and not have to fly to do it. The kids are looking forward to it too.

The pre-game functions are always fun too. This year we've got The Hyphen MC-ing the shebang at the Royal which is just 5 minutes from my place.

Should be a good crowd in too. The Carlton allocated tickets to the SCG are sold out so we'll have some atmosphere. The Swans are a tough ask here though. They realise their list is on the way down and they're desperate to develop a "Fortress Sydney" thing to keep the corporate sponsorship dollars flowing and the bums on seats. In Melbourne I'd be tipping us by 60+ points but not here.

I'll buy a beer at the pre-match function for any BigFootyer making the trek. To identify yourself to me simply bellow at the top of your lungs "I'm not gay but for Bryce Gibbs I'll give it a try" and the beer's yours.

Carlton coming up here is always a bit of a highlight for me. Okay we haven't won since 1485 (or something like that) but it's nice to go to a live game and not have to fly to do it. The kids are looking forward to it too.

The pre-game functions are always fun too. This year we've got The Hyphen MC-ing the shebang at the Royal which is just 5 minutes from my place.

Should be a good crowd in too. The Carlton allocated tickets to the SCG are sold out so we'll have some atmosphere. The Swans are a tough ask here though. They realise their list is on the way down and they're desperate to develop a "Fortress Sydney" thing to keep the corporate sponsorship dollars flowing and the bums on seats. In Melbourne I'd be tipping us by 60+ points but not here.

I'll buy a beer at the pre-match function for any BigFootyer making the trek. To identify yourself to me simply bellow at the top of your lungs "I'm not gay but for Bryce Gibbs I'll give it a try" and the beer's yours.

Yeah me and the Mrs are comin up for the day....what would I need to yell to score a jack and coke then?:confused:;)

Anyone know which end the Calon Cheersquad will be sitting?

Not sure, I'll be in Section 26 and probably surrounded by swans fans looking for an exit from their ill-fated bandwagon. Still, even if this eventuates and I am on my Pat Malone supprter-wise, always makes for some enjoyable heckling back and forth :D

I would have loved to go up to Sydney for this one. Unfortunately my family went up a week too early (last weekend) so I've got to miss out.

I'll definitely be listening to the radio, though. :thumbsu:

Had considered flying up there, but have decided that i'll probably go to either of the Adelaide games instead. Probably the Port game much later in the year - easier to get a ticket than games vs the Crows.
Come for the game against Adelaide, HBF. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had planned to drive up but my brand new citrus car deodorant is still so strong I wouldn't have made it through the fruit-fly check-point. So TV for me. :(
You're lucky, thy. I'm in a house with Foxtel but no sport channels. Stuck with the radio and AFL Gameday. :thumbsdown:

You're lucky, thy. I'm in a house with Foxtel but no sport channels. Stuck with the radio and AFL Gameday. :thumbsdown:

My BIL has that sort of set-up. Stayed there one night to discover he has half the channels blocked out. Kids.

Eddie, my TV guide has the game on FTA Channel ONE (10)tomorrow. Can you confirm that big buddy, over?

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone coming up to Sydney for the game?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back