Anyone have any ideas......

Remove this Banner Ad

doggies said:
i reckon u get rid of the old people in the cheersquad who dont yell out anything, and trade them for some young guys??

Nobody wants to join, ive heard some of the reasons why(rather not go into them on here tho). Why dont you and your mates come and join us doggies :D .

Borgsta said:
how about we start a new cheersquad with the BigFooty clan. Get like 40 of us together to a game and start chanting, give people wearing Bulldogs scarves a list of the chants that we will sing.

I know the first part is almost impossible but the 2nd part could be done birssyboy.

I actually like the idea of an alternative cheersquad. Over here the Eagles have multiple cheersquads, giving fans a choice of what kind of people they sit with. There's the main cheersquad, cheersquad for young adults etc. Heard about the guy wanting to set up the cheersquad for young adults and Eagles were very helpful apparently (pretty good considering the high ticket demand).

I think it can open up a huge market of fans who want to go but don't have anyone to go with (most Eagle fans wouldn't have friends I imagine).

Upon arrival back to Melbourne I'd love to help set up a group of fans who wanna chant, drink etc. Like the cheersquad without the pom poms, rules and incest.

The Bulldogs should get rid of the LeasePlan guy. I'm sure that it means well but it's put on too late and the crowd doesn't care too much about it. At least the "Doggie, Doggie, Doggie" thing got the Crowd going. Even if it was annoying.

But not as annoying as the "Zoom Zoom" thing that some teams have after goals.

Hey guys.....

Thanks heaps for all the ideas, i have copied them all into word and will take them along to the game on sunday for Gary and David to have a look at!

I love the Idea of the cmon aussie cmon and the We will thump u song for Big will is a great one!

If you have anymore ideas before sunday would love to hear from you.......i will keep you posted as to if any of them go ahead....which fingers crossed they will.....so hopefully some time in the near future you will be handed a flyer at a bulldogs game!

pS ......we do the doggie doggie doggie woof woof woof chant after every goal.......and its starting to get a bit boring@!

O Grobbecker said:
What about

1. singing the club song during the last few minutes of a game, on the odd occasion when we can't lose ? Sing it, not bark it out. Get a bit of melody with it.

2. Drawing from EPL, work towards a signature tune, like Liverpool's "You'll never walk alone" or West Ham's "I'm forever blowing bubbles" ?

Perhaps "How much is that doggie in the window", "Both sides now" or "Simply the best"

This is the type of the stuff you want

Oh and i forget get Dave graney and Nick Cave to be the Cheersquds stylist

Then you will really start singing :)

:)
fred cook said:
This is the type of the stuff you want try singing the theme song but with more of an English soccer chant style

Borgsta said:
you quote yourself and smile at something you said? calm down mate.

I think he tried to edit it but hit quote instead.

As for the cheersquad... i promised to a prominate BF poster than i wouldn't bag them this year, so i will simply wish you guys all the best under the supreme leadership of David and Gary.

birssyboy40 said:
Nobody wants to join, ive heard some of the reasons why(rather not go into them on here tho). Why dont you and your mates come and join us doggies :D .
yeh im thinking bout it, but none of my mates go for us.

and also, the red head guy in our cheersquad that always gets on tv...he goes absoloutley nuts at the opposition players and the umps - we need more people like that in there. its bloody funny to watch :D

fred cook said:
This is the type of the stuff you want

I can't work out whether you are mocking me, just amused or quite like the idea. When West Ham was good enough to be in TV, I liked the way their supporters would break into "I'm forever blowing bubbles" whenever the other team scored. Liverpool did the same with "You'll never walk alone", probably still do, when they are in trouble. It sounds a lot better than the usual two-sylable-shout clap-clap-clap.

Whilst I don't really take much notice, all of the AFL cheersquads sound the same. Try something quite different, a song, rather than a raucous shout would stand out. If its different enough, supporters who aren't in cheer squads will come to own it and join in. Why wouldn't they. It would ours, different, stand out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I heard on K-Rock that Geelong have the 'Cougar Cats' cheersquad.

Maybe we should try & get Jim Beam on board as a sponsor & have a subgroup called the 'Jim Beam Bulldogs' ?

wedesweiler said:
I heard on K-Rock that Geelong have the 'Cougar Cats' cheersquad.

Maybe we should try & get Jim Beam on board as a sponsor & have a subgroup called the 'Jim Beam Bulldogs' ?

Get us sponsored by Glenfiddich and i'm there.

doggies said:
ohh ok.
and i sense a bit of tension between u 2??

No not really just gets annoying when all you listen to is him going off at the poor goal ump, yelling for frees all the time, or telling the umps to listen to sam newman on triple m. Oh well at least we get our laugh for the day :D .

birssyboy40 said:
No not really just gets annoying when all you listen to is him going off at the poor goal ump, yelling for frees all the time, or telling the umps to listen to sam newman on triple m. Oh well at least we get our laugh for the day :D .

I reckon BRH is great!

Note: You are a 'cult' figure amongst my mates... If the players had a ****tinth of the passion you did we would surely improve. Also, im nuts as well, get regularly told to sit down by fellow Dogs members.

Keep up the good work champ.

birssyboy40 said:
hahah. telling the umps to listen to sammy....thats a classic :D

BB40 and chels, did any of these ideas get a trial at all today?

Um nah......i spoke to gary about them and he i will give them to him at the kangaroo's game, for them to look over and see which ones we can use....it was also a bit hard today as we didnt have a large group of numbers there today and the ppl behind us from row 5 back, weren't cheersquad so u can't expect them to cheer, so do some dont.

A group of us down the front were doin the Coooooon chant and will keep doing it.......other than that, hope to get back to ya shortly with another update!

chels_09 said:
A group of us down the front were doin the Coooooon chant and will keep doing it.......other than that, hope to get back to ya shortly with another update!

You would have had a sore throat, he touched it a few times especially in the first half.

chels_09 said:
the ppl behind us from row 5 back, weren't cheersquad so u can't expect them to cheer, so do some dont.

QUOTE]

Hey - we were cheering like crazy and trying to keep up with you but we couldn't hear you very well! (We were in the group behind!) Disappointing to see such a small number of cheer squad members at the game. I heard that you couldn't give the tickets away at one stage last week.
I guess - like anything - winners breed supporters and cheer squad members.

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone have any ideas......

Remove this Banner Ad

Back