Expansion Anyone watching the games with foreign commentary?

Remove this Banner Ad

Is the commentary any good?

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk
Yeah it was actually quite decent, sometimes they'd stuff up some footy terminology which is to be expected and at times the commentary didn't flow well, a bit stop-start. But overall I was impressed. :thumbsu:

That's weird just checked her Twitter account. She's a die hard Hawks supporter.

Looks like the AFL forced her to do the Brisbane v Gold Coast game and lie about the team she supports.

Did she say she followed Hawks on 360? I may have got it wrong.

And to all you people who speak different languages, why don't you contact the AFL and volunteer yourselves for next year? Can only get bigger and better.

It is a good initiative. Would like to hear superlatives regarding Rioli in as many languages as possible. Would also like Bt to have a go in understandable English instead of the creole he spruiks.

So if you're a Spanish or Mandarin or Arabic or whatever speaker that watches the footy anyway, I guess it's a bit of a novelty finding out that the round will be broadcast in multiple languages.

If you're a Spanish or Mandarin or Arabic or whatever speaker that doesn't watch footy, how do you know about multicultural round? I mean I only know about it because I watch AFL 360. I

So if you're a Spanish or Mandarin or Arabic or whatever speaker that watches the footy anyway, I guess it's a bit of a novelty finding out that the round will be broadcast in multiple languages.

If you're a Spanish or Mandarin or Arabic or whatever speaker that doesn't watch footy, how do you know about multicultural round? I mean I only know about it because I watch AFL 360. I
It is a fair punto. The comma can replace your “or". Not in all languages of course.

I just started watching the GWS v Ess in Arabic because I speak it a bit. It is genuinely hilarious and very very entertaining! The commentators are so enthusiastic, just like Arabic soccer commentators, they really didn't try to mimic the English speaking commentators they totally gave it their own flair. It actually made me watch almost an entire quarter of a pretty boring game.

Brilliant initiative!!

The Spanish dudes came pretty close! Laaaaarrrrgoooooo Laaaaarrrrgoooooo HAAAAWKIIIIN! The S is silent cause I guess they were from somewhere in Latin America :D
At what point was that?

Can I find a replay of this anywhere?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Listened to the west coast - hawks game in Italian. Thought the commentary was very accurate and they had a good understanding for the feel of the game, the fact it was one of the better matches of the round helped as well.

Was interested to see how they would translate words like handball etc. and they did pretty well

Would definitely want this this to happen more often; the only downside was that listening to Italian commentary made me realise that serie A is still 2 weeks away:(

Remove this Banner Ad

Expansion Anyone watching the games with foreign commentary?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back