APS pre seasons

Remove this Banner Ad

Brighton got walloped by MGS last year early last year, around a hundred points i think. Then a couple of weeks later they pipped Scotch who lost to Grammar the week before by only 9 points.

How's Brighton coming along this year? Are they an inconsistent side that is very capable when playing well?

saintgoof said:
Why don't scotch have a decent Coach?

If St Kevins have Emmet Dunn, Xavier has Sos, Wesley has Manton and Haileybury has Leowe surley scotch can afford to hire some1 who has played some pro footy
manton was the WORST coach ever, it means nothing to have a big name coaching you, especially when they threaten oposition kids.

saintgoof said:
Why don't scotch have a decent Coach?

If St Kevins have Emmet Dunn, Xavier has Sos, Wesley has Manton and Haileybury has Leowe surley scotch can afford to hire some1 who has played some pro footy
SOS isn't the xavier coach, only comes in once a week or even less, most schools have an ex player there at training every now and then, SOS is xaviers because he son goes to school at xavier.

cfc05 said:
Cmon **************** name em, name more than 3 schools that can beat skc for AFL players in the last 10 years!!!!

Not likely to win, we have three premiership players from the past few years and a few 100 gamers. So back up your ungrounded comments, we wanna see some evidence.

Brad Scott - 133 games, twice preimership player!
Chris Scott - 202 games, three time preimership player!
Josh Mahoney - 50 games, premiership play
Stephen Powell - 116 games
Ryan O'Keefe - 70 games
Luke Penny - 72 games
Luke Williams - 48 games

Just too start you off, every school can beat that supposebly?
i don't know exactly as i am not from there school so i need a xavier boy or a scotch boy to help me out but i know they have more than skevs and i can think of a few off the top of my head around 3 and i know there are more.

wesley has a few,
nick ries, nick stone, fergus watts the cokatoo collins brother who played for melbourne and there are a few others i have missed as well.

nicho_magic said:
i don't know exactly as i am not from there school so i need a xavier boy or a scotch boy to help me out but i know they have more than skevs and i can think of a few off the top of my head around 3 and i know there are more.

wesley has a few,
nick ries, nick stone, fergus watts the cokatoo collins brother who played for melbourne and there are a few others i have missed as well.
Xavier ones are on about page 2-3. Off the top of my head.
Ball
Watson
Leoncelli
Schauble
Cam hunter
James McDonald
Ted Richards
Dion Woods
Anthony Mcdonald

a few scotchies i can remember: Campbell Brown, Andrew Ericksen, Nick Gill (rookie i think), Will Slade

Dont think that Scotch lists rates nearly as high as any other APS school.
From what im hearing tho you have some superstar draft pick quality players this yr, coleman aka reiwoldt must be a chance the way your talking about him! and ratray??

cfc05 said:
From what im hearing tho you have some superstar draft pick quality players this yr, coleman aka reiwoldt must be a chance the way your talking about him! and ratray??

colman's definitely the one to look out for on the field this year. but he'll go unnoticed cuz he doesnt play for a club and doesnt intend to either. just takes school footy seriously. big kid, comes from australia

Johnny Utah #9 said:
To set a few things straight, MHS has so many "old boys" that went onto play AFL as the likes of Lyon, Knights etc came down from the country and finished their schooling there after they had already been recruited by their respective AFL clubs. It is drawing a long bow to claim them as legitimate ex-students. Due to the changing demographics of their school if would be hard to see them produce any more quality footballers anytime soon.

no ******** mate just like all you APS ********ers try to claim guys goddard n that who did the same thing and all the guys on scholarships u claim aswell, pretty hypocritical thing to say. n they got put in mhs by their clubs coz the clubs knew that mhs is the best school going around. not to mention the fact that richmond had deledio in mhs this year but he didnt end up going coz the school wouldnt let him do a split year, went to caulfield for 3 weeks n they pulled him out.

cfc05 said:
Campbell Brown always distances himself from his days at scotch

That is wrong. Campbell Brown is devoted to Scotch. He presents jumpers at presentations and is continually being seen at the 1sts matches, having a kick on the ground at the breaks. That statement is an absolute joke.

ohhhh geeeeeezzz!!!!
u boys love your schools to much!!! way too much!! do all you ****s have special classes that teach you this history about your schools football team?? who cares??

i think everyone knows that private school football will never be at the standard of the mighty TAC CUP!! and most private school teams are just full off players that dont make the TAC cup lists...

sorry to break it to you "boys" its a crap standard at the end of the day and i think most of you know that!!

as for all you private schoolboy tools that talk yourself up on bigfooty.com, enjoy local footy until your season starts ;)

or go and work with daddy on the weekend's....

ohhh and to what i said before that started this whole topic,
st kevins are the sofest private school team going around..easily!! :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nicho_Magic, the Cockatoo-Collins brothers only attended Wesley after being drafted & didn;t exactly set the world on fire in the class room or the footy field. Purely drafted on the fact of who their brother was.

Milnedog44, correct me if i'm wrong but I thought Dion Woods was a born & raised Perth boy, i think he is originally from the Perth Demons (WAFL)? Don;t know how he can be claimed as a Xav? Is it just me or does anyone else think he looks like Snoop Dog btw?

juDDA no one would argue that the TAC Cup is a stronger competition, it was set up & heavily funded to ensure it is the strongest junior comp in Australia as Victoria was weakening at Teal Cup level. APS footy is however, easily the best schoolboy comp in Australia and dates back to 1891. Surely counts for something. You & Strippa's comments about it being soft are not even worth a repsonse as they are rubbish.

You both might want to read up on your history of Australian Rules football and note that the first ever game was played between Melbourne Grammar & Scotch College, not a pack of bogans from the Dandenong Stingrays!

Johnny Utah #9 said:
Milnedog44, correct me if i'm wrong but I thought Dion Woods was a born & raised Perth boy, i think he is originally from the Perth Demons (WAFL)? Don;t know how he can be claimed as a Xav? Is it just me or does anyone else think he looks like Snoop Dog btw?
I'm not quite positive he did but someone told me and someone on this thread also said so, the reason is due to I think him coming on an aboriginal exchange we have at Xavier and I think we just claimed him from there like we have with cody.

JuDDA no one would argue that the TAC Cup is a stronger competition said:
schoolboy[/U] comp in Australia and dates back to 1891. Surely counts for something. You & Strippa's comments about it being soft are not even worth a repsonse as they are rubbish.

You both might want to read up on your history of Australian Rules football and note that the first ever game was played between Melbourne Grammar & Scotch College, not a pack of bogans from the Dandenong Stingrays!

alright idiot,
you telling me that the APS comp isnt heavily funded?????

bartos said:
Brighton got walloped by MGS last year early last year, around a hundred points i think. Then a couple of weeks later they pipped Scotch who lost to Grammar the week before by only 9 points.

How's Brighton coming along this year? Are they an inconsistent side that is very capable when playing well?

I think brighton will have another inconsistent season this year, a good team with many good players, though we are just not solid enough through the whole field.

milnedog44 said:
It's still at glenferrie station as well. Well at least it was last year.
Catholics United ;) ;)

Catholics United - Brothers in Arms... it never used to be!

That was until a Head of the River back in the mid 90's, where it was Scotch v Skevs/Xavier high on the hill! Bugger the rest of the APS - they dont count!

The fence was toppled and shirts were ripped. Skevs had no point to watch the rowing - we never won - but this brawl was massive. Assembly was interesting that Monday morning, to say the least! But Skevs and Xavier were united at that point (except when its 1st XVIII)

Also interesting to see that both schools have produced such successful footballers recently - minus the scholarships. No incidents of one year wonders like Goddard here! Its also good to see both SKOBers and Old Xavs doing well too (to think SKOB's was in D grade less than 10yrs ago).

coming from sa, im not too sure if assumption are in the same comp that you fellas are talkign about. but if ne one out there kno's, be nice to hear how they will shape up this yr?

kangasmann said:
coming from sa, im not too sure if assumption are in the same comp that you fellas are talkign about. but if ne one out there kno's, be nice to hear how they will shape up this yr?
Assumption are in the second rate competition (not APS).. awaits abuse ;)

MOJOE said:
Catholics United - Brothers in Arms... it never used to be!

That was until a Head of the River back in the mid 90's, where it was Scotch v Skevs/Xavier high on the hill! Bugger the rest of the APS - they dont count!

The fence was toppled and shirts were ripped. Skevs had no point to watch the rowing - we never won - but this brawl was massive. Assembly was interesting that Monday morning, to say the least! But Skevs and Xavier were united at that point (except when its 1st XVIII)

Also interesting to see that both schools have produced such successful footballers recently - minus the scholarships. No incidents of one year wonders like Goddard here! Its also good to see both SKOBers and Old Xavs doing well too (to think SKOB's was in D grade less than 10yrs ago).
HAHA yeah so true mate.

Remove this Banner Ad

APS pre seasons

Remove this Banner Ad

Back