Are Carlton on the verge of something great?

Remove this Banner Ad

The weight of history says any side needs to make the finals at least once in the 3-4 years prior to winning a flag.
Carlton did that in 2023. So now is their time before the salary cap becomes an issue for them

Yes, destroyed us at the SCG. Sydney much better on that day. Could be a little closer at the "G" in a big final no?
It definitely will be a lot closer and plenty of dominant teams haven't won. E.g Adelaide smashed Richmond in Adelaide by 70+ points at the beginning of 2017 and Richmond pulled them apart in the grand final.

The problem with Sydney is that they have an absurd amount of avenues to goal. The best player in the league in Bont is having an amazing year having kicked 22 goals for the year as a midfielder. Warner and Heeney have kicked 22 and 21 goals respectively in 13 games of football. To have not one, but two mids be able to hit the scoreboard like that is absurd. And Gulden shouldn't be counted out either with 9 for the year. Grand finals can be about small margins and I think Sydney have the tools to be on the winning end of those margins.

Carlton's highest goal tally for a mid is Cripps with 10 goals. They heavily rely on Curnow and McKay for goals which is what you see with traditionally good sides but lack a Dusty-type midfielder that can consistently hit the scoreboard.

Last year I would have said Carlton is almost a shoe in for a premiership because they're better than Collingwood and Brisbane were last year but this Sydney side is better than both.

A Sydney vs Carlton grand final is almost a given IMO as I cannot see another team barring injuries and form taking them out prior to grand final week. Maybe Brisbane and Collingwood I guess but I doubt it.

To Carlton's credit, they're the only side that I think can beat Sydney in the grand final because of how good Curnow is. Absolute game changer and easily the best forward in the league.

Carlton are red hot at the moment and looking to be playing better as the season is progressing.

Not only do they have the players they seem to really enjoy playing together, the passion and energy look top tier.

Long way to go but imo anything less that a GF would be a waste for this list

It’s swans then daylight at the moment. No one’s even close

Only way I see swans not winning it all is they have their usual GF day wobble

Differences:
Sydney Game
Pittonet
Marchbank
Carroll

Geelong Game
Saad
Cincotta
Cowan
It's no secret you take out weitering and our defence falls to bits. Swans managed to do that once he got injured halfway thru the 2nd quarter, and eventually subbed off at half time.
I think we can add Motlop, Martin, Cottrell and Cerra to the fold to strengthen our position as well
I think the gap between the 2 sides is closing rapidly, and so do a lot of people

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Owies Durdin Hollands Boyd Fogarty Kennedy Fantasia

Blues are no chance

Blues are no chance
All getting games ahead of Dow, who's now one of your best mids. The fact you can't see the value I'm that group of players fits perfectly with the Saints. Enjoy no man's land.

Blues are no chance
Here's an interesting fact for you. Matt Owies has kicked the same amount of goals as Bobby Hill and Shai Bolton this year and more than Toby Greene and Charlie Cameron .

But apparently we're no chance despite going through an injury crisis, having the hardest draw and being a clear second on the ladder. We are literally shaking in our boots about the prospect of playing the saints in the final round. Where oh where can we find those 10 goals that we'll need.

Here's an interesting fact for you. Matt Owies has kicked the same amount of goals as Bobby Hill and Shai Bolton this year and more than Toby Greene and Charlie Cameron .

But apparently we're no chance despite going through an injury crisis, having the hardest draw and being a clear second on the ladder. We are literally shaking in our boots about the prospect of playing the saints in the final round. Where oh where can we find those 10 goals that we'll need.
In one of the four quarters I’d suggest

Who said this?? We're nothing like that Richmond side. Docherty, Saad, Cerra, McGovern, Acres are all elite in their position and we have talented young kids like De Koning and Elijah Hollands. We're nothing like Richmond. That Richmond side actually was a bunch of spuds, carried by insane work ethic and defnesive pressure, combined with a penchant to infringe the opposition player and gamble on the Umpire not paying the free kick. Appreciate the faith you see in the Blues, but we're nothing like that Richmond side - our players are actually talented.
Yeah,,, that flog Richmond side only won 3 flags compared to your,,, remind me again how many that is.

Remove this Banner Ad

Are Carlton on the verge of something great?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back