Are Fremantle a top 4 candidate?

Remove this Banner Ad

They should make the 8 but won't be in the 4 not with mayne,bradley,pearce,mcphee,anthony,crowley, in the side

I rate bradley. I reckon Mayne is the one that needs to go. What is his purpose? He isn't that quick, he doesn't have great hands or a good kick. I have no idea why they persist with him. He should stick to hooking up with ugly chicks at clubba because that's the only thing i've seen him do consistently

'Midfielders' to play in so far in 2012:

200+ Embley
150+ Kerr, A Selwood
100+ Rosa, Priddis
50+ S Selwood, Masten
-50 Shuey, Gaff

I wouldn't have thought out 100-150 bracket of midfielders was particularly 'elite'.

Priddis is getting there, if not already. Rosa ... not so much.

But Priddis is testament to a great work ethic. Couple of years ago I'd have thought the opposition would be happy to give him 30 touches because he would torch it more than half the time. But he's turned it around and these days I'd say he's your most important mid.

And just quietly, those 0-100 boys could be pretty bloody outstanding in a couple of years time.

On topic, lots would have to fall into place for Freo to be top 4, but injuries notwithstanding they should comfortably make the 8. Apart from a horrendous second quarter I thought they looked good at times against Sydney.

Top 4? Nope. Gotta beat teams like Sydney to get in the 4. Freo should win most of their home games, but grabbing points from other teams like Sydney who should finish around Freo are crucial.

I haven't read through the whole thread yet, so if this has already been said tell me, but didn't West Coast lose to Sydney (at home) last year?

I rate both these teams as better than Carlton.

I just can't tell, especially with West Coast and Carlton. So far, they seem to have done everything you would expect with the opposition they've played, but the Dees seem to be barely on a par with GC/GWS (equivalent of Port Adelaide last year?) while Tiges, Dogs and Brissie all seem like bottom 6 material.

Carlton have admittedly been a bit sketchy at times, but I'd put that down to early season rustiness. When it's clicked they've looked impressive.

Equally, I'd need to see how Freo perform in Melbourne before I'd even contemplate rating them above Carlton. On what I've seen - Carlton = West Coast > Freo.

I haven't read through the whole thread yet, so if this has already been said tell me, but didn't West Coast lose to Sydney (at home) last year?

Yes but we weren't fighting them for a top 4 spot. Now you've lost 2 games against probable top 4 rivals. Looks very unlikely now.

How in gods name does Zac Dawson get a game in a team aspiring to the top 4???

Dockers fans?

Lost the game tonight. Blues had a LOT of luck tonight but kicked them when it counted. Freo should of won.

Dockers fans?

Lost the game tonight. Blues had a LOT of luck tonight but kicked them when it counted. Freo should of won.

I disagree. Carlton deserved the win. Our skills were poor including kicking for goal. That 3rd quarter wound back the clock to the freo of old. We had no forward structure and didn't spread well enough from stoppages/free kicks.

Zac did some good things tonight, well at the end I was sitting at anyway. There were a few times he could've marked but decided to punch the ball out of bounds but I guess that's just how he plays. Alot of people are saying bring Silvagni in for him but these days clubs are wanting a certain amount of run in their legs before they are deemed fit for league.

Im just scratching my head at how Jack Anthony is getting games. He simply does not have the tank to play this style of footy. I'm talking about making 3 or 4 leads and then the inability to apply defensive pressure if the ball is turned over. Surely that was his last game for freo in the short term.

Same thing happened to us last week, we outplayed Freo but didn't take our chances while Freo took theirs.

I don't really think Freo deserved to win tonight though, Carlton outplayed them for the majority of the night and it was only when they took their foot off the gas in the last 10 minutes that Freo started to kick a few goals and make the margin close.

I didnt say Carlton didnt deserve it, but it should of been neck and neck going into the last.
Blues played fine and thats all they needed to do tonight.

Anthony is another like Zac, just baffling that they are getting a game with a decent team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Same thing happened to us last week, we outplayed Freo but didn't take our chances while Freo took theirs.

I don't really think Freo deserved to win tonight though, Carlton outplayed them for the majority of the night and it was only when they took their foot off the gas in the last 10 minutes that Freo started to kick a few goals and make the margin close.

I agree just as St Kilda didn't deserve to win last week . When we took our foot off the pedal almost let them back in then but it was never in doubt

I am struggling to think of anyone who has ever looked more out of place playing AFL than Jack Anthony. Surely he has played his last game. I just can't believe Freo don't have a better option.

With a full strength side i think freo are definitely capable of top 4 (4th only i think). However i think their ability to finish there this year will come down to 3 things. Injuries, luck and the results of the derbies. If they win both derbies i think they will make 4th however if they lose both they have no hope of getting there. Overall i think they'll win 1 of the derbies, have a decent run with injury and finish somewhere between 5-7.

Straight kicking would have possibly seen us 4-1 and a healthy percentage (should have destroyed Brisbane), but even aside from that we looked quite flat against Carlton, our only real strong period was in the last

On that note, we have never given up any game until the final whistle, sure we have shot ourselves in the foot early with some poor shots on goal or whatever, but in all our games, we have fought on until the final siren - something which we have never been known to do consistently

Not giving up will see us play finals, but we needed to win against Carlton to help our chances

Dockers fans?

He did play in 2 grand final teams that came within a good bounce or 2 of being 2 premiership sides.

But whilst he seems to make 1 or 2 catastrophic errors a match, he is generally serviceable. By gee it would of been handy if he had of kicked that goal on the 3/4 time siren though.

But Plugger, how does that fare with your complaints about last week? You said the Saints won the key stats, therefore played better, therefore should have won.

Freo won the key stats last night, had significantly more scoring shots. They played better in the first, second and fourth quarters. So why don't you think Freo should have won again?

But Plugger, how does that fare with your complaints about last week? You said the Saints won the key stats, therefore played better, therefore should have won.

Freo won the key stats last night, had significantly more scoring shots. They played better in the first, second and fourth quarters. So why don't you think Freo should have won again?

Carlton led at the end of the first, second, third and fourth quarter?

They're behind Hawthorn, Geelong, Collingwood, West Coast, Carlton and probably on a par with Sydney and Essendon at this stage. 5-8th is their range on current form. We all know what can happen, we all saw West Coast explode in the second half of 2011 to go from finals chances to prelim finalists.

Totally delusional. :rolleyes:

Our run home after the bye is reasonably easy, but it might be too little too late by then.

Remove this Banner Ad

Are Fremantle a top 4 candidate?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back