Are the Dogs over rated?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am loving all these Saint fans bringing down the Bulldogs but I feel your pain, I once belonged to a football club that hadn't won a flag in 50 years and hadn't achieved nothing in that time excluding producing a few good players Also I am struggling to come to term with is how St Kilda played in four Grand Finals but couldn't win one From my perspective as a Bulldog fan you turn up on GF day play good footy and you win it ain't that hard

Sometimes you just need that bit of luck and you had it in spades. With the bye, 4 one-sided ump displays, a fortunate susp to SJ and Buddy's injury in the opening qtr you couldn't have asked for more. An incredible run of luck really...

Was a joy to watch. Like last year, you won't finish top 4 after H&A so you are overrated.

Sometimes you just need that bit of luck and you had it in spades. With the bye, 4 one-sided ump displays, a fortunate susp to SJ and Buddy's injury in the opening qtr you couldn't have asked for more. An incredible run of luck really...

Was a joy to watch. Like last year, you won't finish top 4 after H&A so you are overrated.

Please I am here for you I feel your pain and guess what even if we don't make the top four next year when I wake up I will see one of the posters below Something you won't see in your lifetime why THE STKILDA FOOTBALL CLUB THE MOST UNSUCEESFULL AFL FOOTBALL CLUB IN THE LAST FIFTY YEARS what a title and for many years the title will continue

cb4e9acb022ccca7266860862455f6a4.jpg

Last edited:

It ain't that hard when you have the umpires on your side like the Bulldogs did, a pity we didn't have them on our side in any of our four Grand Finals.
Actually... in 1997 the Saints had 21 frees to 15, in 2009 the Saints had 23 frees to 19 so you clearly should have won both, no excuses.

In fact, across their last 7 grand finals (no stats for 1913) St Kilda lead the free kick tally 193 to 167, which is +26 :eek:

Actually... in 1997 the Saints had 21 frees to 15, in 2009 the Saints had 23 frees to 19 so you clearly should have won both, no excuses.

In fact, across their last 7 grand finals (no stats for 1913) St Kilda lead the free kick tally 193 to 167, which is +26 :eek:

Well in just one grand final last year you were +12 so relatively speaking it isn't that much of a differential, it's only +3.7 free kicks per grand final.

I think the over rated part depends on what people think there rated as. To me they are the reigning premiers in a tight year.

During the season they finished 7th (injuries played a part) but showed in the finals they were good enough.

Personally i think in 2017 that GWS, Sydney and Bulldogs, list wise are the 3 best teams next year with a good age so there will be improvement. Apart from that they wernt as dominate as other premiers have been. They remind me of the baby bombers team a bit in they won a bit before there core group should (only based on age) hit there prime. I think the bye week effected the finals a bit, but we will see this year what happens to see if there is any correlation.

Even looking back on the last 10 years, the best team during the year dont normally win the premiership. There have been many teams that are odds on favourite to win on day of the GF lose. Hawks and Sydney traded GF's when they were the underdogs.

An incredible amount of luck???????????????? Decimated by injury to key players throughout the year, won 2 interstate finals, beat the side that won the last 3 flags and the side that finished on top. Morris played with broken back in the GF, Dickson with a groin injury and T.Boyd with a shoulder injury. Testament to those players they got through and played outstanding games. Yet Buddy has an ankle and we will blame that for not playing well. Missing Wallis, Adams, Murphy, Crameri and possibly Redpath from best side and yet GWS miss One player SJ, so lets blame that for GWS losing. And yet the Dogs still had an incredible amount of luck. What a load of S***.

Well in just one grand final last year you were +12 so relatively speaking it isn't that much of a differential, it's only +3.7 free kicks per grand final.
Oh so they were on your side, thanks for confirming. Saints still lost though so I guess that proves it means bugger all to have umps on your side or not.

Well if we played the Bulldogs in a prelim we at least would have made the GF as you would have bottled it like you did in 2009 and 2010.
I guess we will never know

Plugger your team is soft. That's why they didn't play finals this year. Your contested game is terrible. Great forward line but your midfielders are weak around the contest.

Oh so they were on your side, thanks for confirming. Saints still lost though so I guess that proves it means bugger all to have umps on your side or not.

We got nowhere near the umpire assistance the Bulldogs got last year back in 2009 or 2010, apart from one or two errors those games were well umpired.

The AFL also didn't release a report after the 2009 and 2010 GFs saying the umpiring was below the standard expected for a GF like they did last year.

Plugger your team is soft. That's why they didn't play finals this year. Your contested game is terrible. Great forward line but your midfielders are weak around the contest.

Amazing that we beat you the last time we played you then but our midfield is probably our weakest area which we need to improve to be a top 4 side.

umpiressaed6f8d9354a0i0002000061096020.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We got nowhere near the umpire assistance the Bulldogs got last year back in 2009 or 2010, apart from one or two errors those games were well umpired.

The AFL also didn't release a report after the 2009 and 2010 GFs saying the umpiring was below the standard expected for a GF like they did last year.

Amazing that we beat you the last time we played you then but our midfield is probably our weakest area which we need to improve to be a top 4 side.

That's just evidence of the AFL protecting the Saints by refusing to acknowledge their special treatment from the umpires in 09/10 and of course the most rigged GF of all time: 1966.

Am I doing this right?

You mean the very same corrupt AFL that conspired to gift the Bulldogs a premiership? Seems like a strange move to release a report if they really were the cause of it all.

Or do the umpires act under the direction of someone else when told who they should or shouldn't chose to make win?

You mean the very same corrupt AFL that conspired to gift the Bulldogs a premiership? Seems like a strange move to release a report if they really were the cause of it all.

Or do the umpires act under the direction of someone else when told who they should or shouldn't chose to make win?

I get the feeling the AFL were forced into releasing that report after the amount of complaints about the umpiring, I doubt they'd just do it off their own bat.

I get the feeling the AFL were forced into releasing that report after the amount of complaints about the umpiring, I doubt they'd just do it off their own bat.
Yeah because they aren't known for finding a way to sweep things under the rug. Particularly such important things as standard of umpiring, which opened up the potential to expose their systematic corruption of umpiring in Western Bulldogs games.

I think the media has bumped them up a bit too much. Yes their finals series was amazing but they were not the best team ALL year. The dogs just turned up at the right time in the finals and played the best they have all season. i think the media are making them out to be the best team to ever run on a footy field where they actually are really far off. Sydney, GWS, Geelong and Hawthorn even Adelaide had a better season than the dogs but the dogs turned up in September, so did GWS who only just lost to the Dogs. I'm really happy the Dogs won but i think because most neutral fans love them they are getting overrated. Just my opinion.

I think if we hadn't won the grand final last year then most would be tipping us for top 4, as 2017 is the year we were projected to take the next step.

We gain 5/6 experienced players who will help with the competitions for spots, leaving us with a solid group of 30-32 players at genuine AFL standard. Along with the natural progression of the large bunch of youngsters we have, I can only see improvement. You could argue stricter rule interpretations and being the 'hunted' are the risks, but you have to back and expect Bevo to navigate these.

I think the majority of the AFL community rates us in the 2-3 bracket which I feel is completely reasonable, meaning we are rated just about right.

Fremantle also beat us last year. In the grand scheme of things it's meaningless. There was only one side in the comp we didn't manage to beat last year.

You only beat 9 sides last year. We beat 16.

One of the great injustices of the world is that this monumental triumph won't be replayed for the next 100 years on GF Footy Marathons, and instead the 2016 GF will :thumbsu:

Speaking of which, I watched the GF again tonight - I won't spoil the ending for you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back