Are the Giants out of premiership discussion now the double chance is gone? ( 2.0 updated page 17 )

Remove this Banner Ad

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
edited thread title after their form slump mid season. The GWS have now beaten

Adelaide in Adelaide
Destroyed Gold Coast
Beaten Brisbane in Brisbane
Hawks at Spotless
Lost narrowly away to WCE at Optus
Beaten Richmond
Beating Port Adelaide in Adelaide

If their form holds up today and they see off Port in the 2nd half, Look out.

edited

The Giants lost last Saturday to rivals Sydney and have squandered a top 4 birth and double chance after perhaps being the best side in the comp for near half a season. Are they now out of the premiership race after sliding down the ladder, or are they still a serious threat in September?

edited again

2019 and they're being pummelled at home to the Doggies. Another top 4 chance gone again for the Giants.

Last edited:

On the one hand... Their injury list is pretty hefty and the quality they're missing would cripple most teams, on the other hand they still have more than enough talent to be doing better than this. Cameron is a pretty shit coach IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Poor coaching. Bunch of superstars that have always relied on the grunts of the team to get them to where they are. Now there are no grunts or role players (apart from a few like deboar) and they suck.
Yep. I'd love a Cunnington or a Ziebell who just are hardnosed at the ball with good awareness and footy smarts. It's what we're really missing.

Enough is enough now. Quite a few big teams are missing or have missed good players. They're out of excuses. They're in poor form and in quite a bit of trouble.
Enough is enough is a statement that needs to be followed by an action. Gonna hold your breath until you turn blue?
Whether you do it not the sun will keep rising in the East.

They've got an injury list as long as the bible but surely they should have depth underneath? They've got a lot of talent all round.
Perhaps the coaches are lacking more then the players.

They've got an injury list as long as the bible but surely they should have depth underneath? They've got a lot of talent all round.
Perhaps the coaches are lacking more then the players.
You do realise we have the same cap.

To keep our besst 22 we had to sacrifice our depth.
Injuries have shown this.

That and a farked coach.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

You do realise we have the same cap.

To keep our besst 22 we had to sacrifice our depth.
Injuries have shown this.

That and a farked coach.

Yeah, it is a bit of a catch 22 for you.

What about in your version of the VFL, what are the players like there?

Is the weed good where you are?

I'm not having a go at you, I am genuinely interested in how GWS are travelling in the lower leagues, lest I forget what league that is because I work a hell of a lot of nights and don't sleep.

Remove this Banner Ad

Are the Giants out of premiership discussion now the double chance is gone? ( 2.0 updated page 17 )

Remove this Banner Ad

Back