Are the Giants out of premiership discussion now the double chance is gone? ( 2.0 updated page 17 )

Remove this Banner Ad

"Own club is dogs balls yet is more worried about another club"
emoji849.png

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
I'm not worried about GWS.

You should be.

So much for all the anger and doom so many posters all predicted about an unstoppable giants a few seasons back..all the know alls still predicting that to still happen

And yet you post about us as you do.

Nah not at all. We will get there. Patience is a virtue.

I enjoy watching you lose.

I'm not the only one.

If this thread was about my club i would....
But its not
Its about gws and how they ve blown their premiership window
We haven't though. You've fallen for probably the most common fallacy if all. Drawing long term conclusions from short term data.

So you do worry more about us than your own franchise.

Weird.

I watch many games and enjoy watching many teams lose.

I'm not the only one.

It’s true they have overpaid for some. Although they did have more money until the AFL made another decision on the run and decided to remove the additional funds due to Vic clubs whining
Eternal problem this.

If you love footy and want it to be the premier sport and not die out - you have to accept that we have to get penetration in nsw and qld.

To do this is going to take 20 or 30 years of their teams performing well.

Till they become self sustaining with kids following them and playing aussie rules

We have to accept that its going to take a little more to keep players there - or they will just be a nursery for clubs in footy states - as much as i love elliot yeo and jack redden - those guys should be pushing brisbane up the ladder - i have absolutely zero doubt they are on twice the coin in perth that they would have bern in brizzy - and when they leave footy it will all be mapped out for them.

Gutting cola or whatever they use to kickstart non footy state clubs because of panicking vic presidents who cant see past their own clubs noses has been a disaster.

We either expand into non footy states - or we dont. What we are doing now is wasting coin doing it up half arsed. It will fail and then we have blown all that cash for sfa

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Eternal problem this.

If you love footy and want it to be the premier sport and not die out - you have to accept that we have to get penetration in nsw and qld.

Till they become self sustaining with kids following them and playing aussie rules

We have to accept that its going to take a little more to keep players there - or they will just be a nursery for clubs in footy states - as much as i love elliot yeo and jack redden - those guys should be pushing brisbane up the ladder - i have absolutely zero doubt they are on twice the coin in perth that they would have bern in brizzy - and when they leave footy it will all be mapped out for them.

Gutting cola or whatever they use to kickstart non footy state clubs because of panicking vic presidents who cant see past their own clubs noses has been a disaster.

We either expand into non footy states - or we dont. What we are doing now is wasting coin doing it up half arsed. It will fail and then we have blown all that cash for sfa
Sure... keep ripping the integrity out of the arse of the league and maybe you'll get 2000 more people to an arena in Blacktown or Homebush. In the next 40 years.

Meanwhile both NSW clubs openly have the traditional systems rooted in their favour. Big success. High five.

Eternal problem this.

It's not that bad. We've lost players we wanted to keep like MaCarthy, Wilson, Treloar and Marchbank, but not that many. We couldn't afford more top end talent anyway.
With a lot of young talent and a reducing list and cap we chose to target keeping the stars at the expense of depth. With a deep injury list we hurt, but them's the breaks unfortunately.

They would have to be concerned about not scoring enough. If they get to the break 2-1 in the next 3 they will be right.

Can't see pressure on the coach unless they miss the finals given all the injuries

It's not that bad. We've lost players we wanted to keep like MaCarthy, Wilson, Treloar and Marchbank, but not that many. We couldn't afford more top end talent anyway.
With a lot of young talent and a reducing list and cap we chose to target keeping the stars at the expense of depth. With a deep injury list we hurt, but them's the breaks unfortunately.
Im talking long term not short

Sure... keep ripping the integrity out of the arse of the league and maybe you'll get 2000 more people to an arena in Blacktown or Homebush. In the next 40 years.

Meanwhile both NSW clubs openly have the traditional systems rooted in their favour. Big success. High five.
Integrity is out the window as long as the comp favours vic clubs.

Sydney swans prove this to be a lie - average attendance 35k membership 55k

Do you mean the integrity of the VFL? Because as a national competition, it never had integrity and keeps giving away any opportunity to regain it.

Does anyone genuinely believe they need a full rebuild? Most of their guns are still in that peak age group. They just need to draft or trade in some better depth. And also have a better run with injury.

Remove this Banner Ad

Are the Giants out of premiership discussion now the double chance is gone? ( 2.0 updated page 17 )

Remove this Banner Ad

Back