Are the hawks by far your favorite team to play?

Remove this Banner Ad

i_love_boys

Senior List
Aug 3, 2004
Other Teams
HAWKS
Cause essendon are easily my favorite team to play. Even though we have lost so many times against you, the rivarly and the emotion and input that goes into the game against you is by far one of the best things about following football.

windyhill said:
i don`t give a ******** about hawfforn

Same here. I woke up today expecting a ribbing for yesterday by a few hawks at work. And they said ******** all about the game. I paid out on us more than they did. Soft **********. The lot of them.

Jaymin said:
Hawthorn are about as relevent to Essendon as Australia are to the rest of the world.

.... HAHAHAHAHAHAH

a true essendon supporter - why the term "ignorance is bliss" was invented.

dave_27 said:
yeah, i rate em up their with freo and the crows. irrelevent from an essendon point of view.

far bigger fish to fry.

dont think your side will be able to have " bigger fish to fry" If you can beat us.
some lean years on there way, couldn't happen to a better team. :)

enjoy the loss guys.

Hawthorn are one of my most hated teams, mainly because of their feral supporters, but as others have said a win against them isn't as "big" as a win against Collingwood or Carlton who I see as bigger rivals.

dipper86 said:
dont think your side will be able to have " bigger fish to fry" If you can beat us.
some lean years on there way, couldn't happen to a better team. :)

enjoy the loss guys.

We have had enough good performances against quality sides to suggest our lean period will be over sooner or later.

We played poor, Hawthorn played probably their second best game of the year and we only got rolled by 3 goals.

Had we found third gear we would have won, don't flatter yourselves just yet. Our matches against Sydney, Brisbane, West Coast, St Kilda, Geelong, say more about where we are at, than Sunday's match.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I_love_boys, I think you will find that while Essendon are our biggest rival, we are there 3rd biggest rival.

Its abit like the Tigers, who hate Carlton more then any other team, yet Carlton are rivals more with Collingwood and Essendon rather then Richmond.

Thats just the feeling I get.

Hawkk said:
I_love_boys, I think you will find that while Essendon are our biggest rival, we are there 3rd biggest rival.

Don't flatter yourself.

Hawthorn have been near on invisible for 10 years. Collingwood/Carlton will always remain our biggest rivals but finals battles against Brisbane, North Melbourne and West Coast push them up in the rivalry stakes. Hawthorn slide in there along side the likes of Richmond and Port Adelaide.

If it wasn't for Hawthorn fans and the likes of Dermott consistently talking it up, the rivalry wouldn't even exist anymore.

Longy413 said:
Don't flatter yourself.

Hawthorn have been near on invisible for 10 years. Collingwood/Carlton will always remain our biggest rivals but finals battles against Brisbane, North Melbourne and West Coast push them up in the rivalry stakes. Hawthorn slide in there along side the likes of Richmond and Port Adelaide.

If it wasn't for Hawthorn fans and the likes of Dermott consistently talking it up, the rivalry wouldn't even exist anymore.
That is correct, but Im talking about Melbourne based teams here.

The problem with North Melbourne, is that they are not vocal enough or there isnt enough of them to really hate them.

When was the last time you confronted an obnoxious North supporter?

Ask your self this, what do you think Hawthorn supporters are?

Simple, you probably think we are arrogant, ********ers, ferals with hair spray and peroxide who are living in the past. Do you share any of these feelings towards North Melbourne, its doubtful

+ we all know its the brawls which keep the rivalry alive :)

Hawkk said:
That is correct, but Im talking about Melbourne based teams here.

The problem with North Melbourne, is that they are not vocal enough or there isnt enough of them to really hate them.

When was the last time you confronted an obnoxious North supporter?

Ask your self this, what do you think Hawthorn supporters are?

Simple, you probably think we are arrogant, ********ers, ferals with hair spray and peroxide who are living in the past. Do you share any of these feelings towards North Melbourne, its doubtful

+ we all know its the brawls which keep the rivalry alive :)

The Essendon v North rivalry goes well beyond obnoxious supporters. I don't think anything of Hawthorn supporters, although there does seem to be an above average amount of them who are unrealistic, and uncapable of being objective. What I feel about Hawthorn supporters and North supporters is irrelevant to a rivalry that has been fueled on a marshmellow war, finals matches, rich v poor neighbours and an equally successful decade.

To be honest, the only think I think of Hawthorn is that they are rather insignificant which is proven by their attempt to build a rivalry that only one team cares for at the present. I take little notice of Hawthorn and their supporters other than the days surrounding our matches. However I do keep an eye on the Roos and would much rather see them in the bottom half of the ladder than in the top 8.

Remove this Banner Ad

Are the hawks by far your favorite team to play?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back