Are the Pies in trouble?

Remove this Banner Ad

Time for a change of thread

ARE GEELONG IN TROUBLE

Played their hearts out in a dead rubber against Collingwood.........now to bat up against a very rested hawks team in the first final. Got a feeling we wont be playing geelong again this year, congratulations on your victory last night.

So youve kept posting over and over. Unless Dawes, Didak, Wellingham, Brown, Sidebottom and Co can improve about 50% each in a week the Pies are in trouble.

all of a sudden the eagles are a massive chance next week are they? the same eagles that had to overhaul a 5 goal deficit v the mighty lions last week?

collingwood will absolutely destroy the eagles next week. by 5.30pm next saturday the worth of last night's result will be very apparent - a big fat sweet FA. just as it means absolutely zero for the cats - will it help them beat haw next weekend? i don't think so. and if they can't beat haw next week they can't win the flag

ARE GEELONG IN TROUBLE

Played their hearts out in a dead rubber against Collingwood.........now to bat up against a very rested hawks team in the first final. Got a feeling we wont be playing geelong again this year, congratulations on your victory last night.

The Pies showed as much resilience as a used rubber. :D

ARE GEELONG IN TROUBLE

the only thing better than smashing collingwood by 100 points is the reaction of their fans.

priceless

So youve kept posting over and over. Unless Dawes, Didak, Wellingham, Brown, Sidebottom and Co can improve about 50% each in a week the Pies are in trouble.

...Which they can, easily. As can 3/4 of the side. They've shown how good they are all year, one game doesn't change that.

I had a laugh at the match last night, but boy, the reactions of neutrals on here is giving me a bigger laugh. Write us off! :thumbsu:

The Pies showed as much resilience as a used rubber. :D

I agree, yet still Geelong were more interested in bragging rights over collingwood than what lies ahead. Hawthorn would be almost wetting their pants over last night, what were you guys thinking.

Surely when leroy didnt get moved and swan spent most of his night chf we were showing our hand. They only guys having a crack were the ones trying to secure a spot in the finals.

You didnt beat our press last night because there wasnt one, but hey a great victory, hope it doesnt cost too much.

all of a sudden the eagles are a massive chance next week are they? the same eagles that had to overhaul a 5 goal deficit v the mighty lions last week?

collingwood will absolutely destroy the eagles next week. by 5.30pm next saturday the worth of last night's result will be very apparent - a big fat sweet FA. just as it means absolutely zero for the cats - will it help them beat haw next weekend? i don't think so. and if they can't beat haw next week they can't win the flag

WC are a massive chance. A Collingwood side with four or five players underperforming. No Thomas Tarrant and possibly Davis. The result last night showed how under done Dawes Wellingham and Didak are. Throw in a out of form Maxwell Jolly and Harry O and WC are a big chance.

I agree, yet still Geelong were more interested in bragging rights over collingwood than what lies ahead. Hawthorn would be almost wetting their pants over last night, what were you guys thinking.

Surely when leroy didnt get moved and swan spent most of his night chf we were showing our hand. They only guys having a crack were the ones trying to secure a spot in the finals.

You didnt beat our press last night because there wasnt one, but hey a great victory, hope it doesnt cost too much.

oh it's pure gold

(Log in to remove this ad.)

...Which they can, easily. As can 3/4 of the side. They've shown how good they are all year, one game doesn't change that.

I had a laugh at the match last night, but boy, the reactions of neutrals on here is giving me a bigger laugh. Write us off! :thumbsu:

Have they? Dawes Didak Maxwell Brown Wellingham have all been below par this season and are now trying to get some touch back after injury. Throw in no Tarrant and the fact its a final and the intensity will go up again I wouldnt be as confident as you.

Hey op, we very well could be in trouble.

We'll have a better idea next week.

But some of the posts from Geelong supporters in this thread are laughable. Hey cats, since you all know so much about the game, the surely you could explain the genius coaching move of playing 18 year old Sinclair as the loose man? Or maybe let us in on the secret of why Collinwood, the perennial boundary riders, continually tried to go through the middle.

In all reality, Mick Malthouse just trolled Geelong. But like I said, we'll know more next week.

The same game where we were up by nearly 50 points at three quarter time?? Then shut up shop in the last.You are clueless:eek:

Yeah that game, the one where you only won by 18 points and brisbane made you look second rate for the first half, on your home ground also which is even worse..

Better yet, explain why our best midfielder, who had 16 touches and a goal in the first quarter, sat on the bench for 9 minutes in the second quarter while the Cats got on top.

Here is a tip: no one cared

When you lose by 96 points points regardless of what the game meant. It leaves more questions than answers.

The only thing than can be assured is we will need to be at our best to have any chance of beating Geelong.

Hey op, we very well could be in trouble.

We'll have a better idea next week.

But some of the posts from Geelong supporters in this thread are laughable. Hey cats, since you all know so much about the game, the surely you could explain the genius coaching move of playing 18 year old Sinclair as the loose man? Or maybe let us in on the secret of why Collinwood, the perennial boundary riders, continually tried to go through the middle.

In all reality, Mick Malthouse just trolled Geelong. But like I said, we'll know more next week.

Outcoached plain and simple. Manned up boundry huggers like Didak and Sidebottom and forced them into the middle. Then poor ball users like Obrian Goldsack Toovey and Brown kept turning it over in the middle. Pretty simple really. Throw in the fact Jolly couldnt get his hands on it and the Pies got bashed for three quarters only slowing in the last.

Remove this Banner Ad

Are the Pies in trouble?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back