Are the Pies in trouble?

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm actually quite confused if it was a preservation tactic or they were simply outplayed and once the margin got out to 50 odd points they didnt know how to respond, its not like they have found themselves in that position lately.
We were outplayed and then it became a just get the game done with. What the feck did Collingwood have to gain by giving their all?

I tipped the Cats and thought being a dead rubber a 3-5 goal win wont raise any questions but 96 points??
Not ideal, but the ideal situation has already occurred...we finished on top with a leg in the air.

Reminds me a bit of the Blues vs doggies earlier in the year. We shot out to a 25 point odd lead and then bam the doggies played and ran us off our feet, we simply didnt know how to respond. I knew that week we were just going to destroy Richmond purely out of anger. they never stood a chance.

I have the same feeling about Collingwood vs WCE. All in all a confusing result.
Indeed...pretty confident that the boys will now come out all fired up to prove that they are still the favorites, could get ugly next Saturday.

I still reckon it will be Pies and Hawks through to the Prelims.

The Pies have been the media darlings all season and been interminably characterised as an unstoppable force with the 2011 premiership essentially a fait accompli.

On the back of this 100 odd point schellacking from the Cats, questions will inevitably be raised on whether they're the certainties that some media pundits have espoused.

Unfortunate late season injuries to key players and continued off field issues appear be taking their toll. The coaching succession plan devised by Eddie now seems an ill-conceived idea at best. Recent press conferences and media snipits indicate Mick Malthouse is an agitated man that is clearly irked by his upcoming fate.

Time will ultimately tell if Eddie's succession plan "master stroke" was a "bad joke" that ultimately ended in a "major choke".
Off course it was a joke . This stuff doesn,t work . Theres always troubles when you have egos multilpied by two.
Pies are NOT a gaurentee, Geelong were always going to be a danger , and Scott has put the fire in them.
Their Ablett and Thompson PROBLEMS GONE, the Cats are ready and yesterday they just slipped into finals mode, where as the Pies slipped into doubt in their own minds what ever excuse they come up with , they are now very vulnerable , and they would be very beatable next week.

Imagine the eagles with the mind set they have now after last years down and out.
Finals are now officially WIDE OPEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Off course it was a joke . This stuff doesn,t work . Theres always troubles when you have egos multilpied by two.
Pies are NOT a gaurentee, Geelong were always going to be a danger , and Scott has put the fire in them.
Their Ablett and Thompson PROBLEMS GONE, the Cats are ready and yesterday they just slipped into finals mode, where as the Pies slipped into doubt in their own minds what ever excuse they come up with , they are now very vulnerable , and they would be very beatable next week.

Imagine the eagles with the mind set they have now after last years down and out.
Finals are now officially WIDE OPEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jesus christ settle down

Pies did nothing last night, the game plan was non existent, pressure non existent.

Did anyone at all hear the malthouse presser, see the players in the change rooms, see pendles interview after the game? lol, they did not care at all, in fact they were probably more shocked at the fact that Geelong came out and played to that level......the way it sounded.

When Geelong are up and firing and the opposition can't match them for intensity (for whatever reason), it's all one way.

I'd be surprised if the Pies were truly damaged by this result.

Next week will give us a true indication of where everyone is at.

We were outplayed and then it became a just get the game done with. What the feck did Collingwood have to gain by giving their all?

Thats the sticking point, besides confidence or mindset, nothing at all. You have been an awesome unit this year, as said before I just didnt see a 96 point loss coming. Will it have a negative effect? I thought it would last night but now I'm coming round and thinking you will take last nights result out on a very unfortunate WCE outfit and power through to the GF.

You can sugar coat it as much as you want dude, but dont for 1 second think that a 96 point flogging is something you just sweep under the carpet and forget about..

Exactly right.

If it had been 5 or 6 goals the excuses being offered up by pies supporters may hold a little more water.

But 16 goals, especially the last round, going into finals, is something a little more than a blip, no matter what spin you want to try to put on it.

Exactly right.

If it had been 5 or 6 goals the excuses being offered up by pies supporters may hold a little more water.

But 16 goals, especially the last round, going into finals, is something a little more than a blip, no matter what spin you want to try to put on it.
That's the genius of it ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

next week hawthorn smash geelong === headline hawthorn beat old geelong hawthorn new flag favorites

collingwood smash weagles -- collingwood the team to beat again.

come on bigfooty people where not 12 years old anymore we know every week is different grow up

WC are a massive chance. A Collingwood side with four or five players underperforming. No Thomas Tarrant and possibly Davis. The result last night showed how under done Dawes Wellingham and Didak are. Throw in a out of form Maxwell Jolly and Harry O and WC are a big chance.

Pretty hard to bounce back after that IMO, especially with the injuries.
Wc's fwd's will destroy coll'woods backline & i reckon WC's onballers will kill it in the centre as well.

I think the pies could well be ripe for the picking next week against my boys. Didnt see the injuries to Tarrant and Cloke but bugger me if those two arent on the park next saturday arvo than its advantage west coast.

I would much rather play them coming off a 16 goal loss than a 16 goal win :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Are the Pies in trouble?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back