List Mgmt. Are we missing the boat by not trading??

Remove this Banner Ad

I felt we could have and used foley. thats just me but I will probably get lambasted with all the do gooders on this trhread. I just think there was an opportunity to improve and we havent really added anything. gee we must have faith in htis list.
What pick do you think we could have extracted for him? Considering his age and previous injury issues?

We just signed Lids for 5 years. I know that doesn't prohibit trading him but come on, please.
Firstly Lids signed 2 years ago, has 3 years left. If Boyd is the " once in a generation player" I would do it. Good talls are harder to get than mids..The main thing I was saying is he was the only real currency we had other than trading pick 12 with maybe Foley. I can understand what the club is doing but we did lose that bloody final to Carlton. We are taking a risk of stagnating by not bringing in more talent. We are only drafting 3 players in the national draft.If the Roos, Blues & Essendon etc. leave us behind we will turn very feral ..Just a question the FTF was used to help build a "war chest" to attack free agency..I guess they must have a big name lined up for next year as surely Hampson does not fit that criteria.

No one wanted him ;)

that's rubbish and simplistic and just a cop out.

Melbourne took Bernie Vince ffs. I'm pretty sure Foley, Vickery, Griffiths, Astbury, S.Edwards, Grigg, Dea, Elton all had currency and could have been packaged in a variety of ways to facilitate good trades for Adams, Tyson and Longer. Even Delidio should almost be tradeable. He's regular tagged out of games and had a mediocre year for a supposed top player.

That's the list managers job - to get creative and work the trades. We've sat on our hands when all we got is a mediocre list. Wouldn't be surprised if Norf, Pies, Carlton and Ess fly by us next year.

I'm sure gws would have taken Foley & Astbury for Tyson. We missed the boat by being lazy and once again over rating our players and list.

We haven't done much trading which has been a terrible shame.... for people who like writing on these forums. As a strategy I have no problem with it. No point trading for trading's sake.... Identify a target, get target. If there is no target, don't shoot....

Putting faith in our youth but also put a number of them on notice with 1 year contracts or some going into their last year.... that's a strategy I like. It'll be a very hungry team during pre-season and then season proper...

Melbourne took Bernie Vince ffs. I'm pretty sure Foley, Vickery, Griffiths, Astbury, S.Edwards, Grigg, Dea, Elton all had currency and could have been packaged in a variety of ways to facilitate good trades for Adams, Tyson and Longer. Even Delidio should almost be tradeable. He's regular tagged out of games and had a mediocre year for a supposed top player.

That's the list managers job - to get creative and work the trades. We've sat on our hands when all we got is a mediocre list. Wouldn't be surprised if Norf, Pies, Carlton and Ess fly by us next year.

I'm sure gws would have taken Foley & Astbury for Tyson. We missed the boat by being lazy and once again over rating our players and list.
It's not rubbish. Other teams baulked at his contract. Foley and Astbury may not have wanted to go to GWS.

Foley and Astbury for Tyson!!!! Bwahaha! Oh actually I assume this is a joke? A joke or the most unrealistic trade suggestion I have ever read - and you have the nerve to call our recruiters lazy!

Our improvement will come through Martin, Conca, Ellis, Valustin & Deledio (needs to be able to break a tag and dominate against top 4 teams) taking the next step towards becoming elite. Also hopefully with continued good list management we'll have enough cap to top up with free agency as we move into our premiership window (starting 2015 imo - one more year of getting games into the kids and developing our youthful leadership)

Our recruiting department have done an excellent job in recent years and I have the upmost confidence in them

Foley and Astbury for Tyson!!!! Bwahaha! Oh actually I assume this is a joke? A joke or the most unrealistic trade suggestion I have ever read - and you have the nerve to call our recruiters lazy!
got to agree with this. Pick 12 would have to have been involved. Cant help but think Tyson should be a Tiger especially when he would have chosen us unlike Adams. We just have to pick up another jet at 12.

got to agree with this. Pick 12 would have to have been involved. Cant help but think Tyson should be a Tiger especially when he would have chosen us unlike Adams. We just have to pick up another jet at 12.

The only way we would have pulled off a big trade with GWS would have been to put Deledio on the table. Now if we could have got say Adams and Tyson for Deledio I would have snapped it up in a heartbeat but it never would have happened so all pie in the sky really. Melbourne gave up pick 2 ffs! and everyone thinks that broken down old Foley was going to be this major market mover! Dreamtime at bigfooty!

Firstly Lids signed 2 years ago, has 3 years left. If Boyd is the " once in a generation player" I would do it. Good talls are harder to get than mids..The main thing I was saying is he was the only real currency we had other than trading pick 12 with maybe Foley. I can understand what the club is doing but we did lose that bloody final to Carlton. We are taking a risk of stagnating by not bringing in more talent. We are only drafting 3 players in the national draft.If the Roos, Blues & Essendon etc. leave us behind we will turn very feral ..Just a question the FTF was used to help build a "war chest" to attack free agency..I guess they must have a big name lined up for next year as surely Hampson does not fit that criteria.
I'm sure Chaplin fitted the criteria, and as far as I know free agency is still going on next year, and the year after...

GWS wouldn't have taken Lids for Pick 1, pick 12 would have to have gone, and maybe another player, and not Foley.

Another note, talk of trading Lids in my opinion is dead set ****ing ludicrous.

Although, it would be interesting to see the same peoples reactions should Lids have asked to be traded to GWS.

Another note, talk of trading Lids in my opinion is dead set ******* ludicrous.

Although, it would be interesting to see the same peoples reactions should Lids have asked to be traded to GWS.

Would love to see Deledio take the kind of step Ryan Griffen took this year - he should be one of the top midfielders in the game but as it stands he is very very good but not one of the elite (imo)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would love to see Deledio take the kind of step Ryan Griffen took this year - he should be one of the top midfielders in the game but as it stands he is very very good but not one of the elite (imo)
Lids is interesting. Had a better year last year when we were a poorer team, than he did this year. More talent around the club now, so we don't have to rely on Lids being a consistent 28 possessions a game player. He's a gun.

Lids is interesting. Had a better year last year when we were a poorer team, than he did this year. More talent around the club now, so we don't have to rely on Lids being a consistent 28 possessions a game player. He's a gun.

He is and hopefully we see him switch on those jets and bang home lots of goals on the run from 50 next year!

Surely most people would see Deledio as untradeable? One of the club's core players, been part of the transformation of the club, clearly a heart and soul Tiger who is a believer in the Richmond premiership dream. We are on the verge of becoming genuine premiership contenders in the next couple of years, and teams don't sell off their Deledio's just when they are coming into contention. The only time we would do that is if we fail to develop and somehow miss the premiership window, then we might work out an amicable trade solution that gives us the tools to rebuild - that or he might screw us through free agency! :oops:

After Foley missed the final I thought he was perfect trade bait..Pick 12 & Foley for Tyson did we even enquire?. Tyson would have declared us..would have been huge chance.

Or we could just draft another gun kid, then we've got a gun + Foley. Might even get another Nick Vlastuin.

After Foley missed the final I thought he was perfect trade bait..Pick 12 & Foley for Tyson did we even enquire?. Tyson would have declared us..would have been huge chance.

well that was what I was thinking exactly. we get a kid for 6 years. they get foley for 2/3. we needed to be brave. were not brave enough

spot on. were not brave enough. instead we got a b grade ruckman and the team thinks that we are ready for a flag tilit. bulldust. we need to trade up and be brave with some combinations to get quality. I would have had foley on the to trade list with griffo and astbury and I tell yo what I would have had grigg there as well. all could have in some shape or form have gotten us upgrades in draft order.

spot on. were not brave enough. instead we got a b grade ruckman and the team thinks that we are ready for a flag tilit. bulldust. we need to trade up and be brave with some combinations to get quality. I would have had foley on the to trade list with griffo and astbury and I tell yo what I would have had grigg there as well. all could have in some shape or form have gotten us upgrades in draft order.

Your post are continually negative and often nonsense, sorry to be direct with you but if i seen some positive and constructive posts i might have a different view.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Are we missing the boat by not trading??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back