Universal Love Are you a member of the Hawthorn FC?

Are you a Hawthorn Football Club Member?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I wouldnt have thought that there would be any non members on Hawks Bigfooty.
why not? not everyone can afford a membership, not everyone that follows a footy club believes in them either

Yep I'm a band wagoner, jumped on the wagon at halftime during the 84 grand final. I'm a newbs in the membership area, as I have quite often lived away no excuse I know..

why not? not everyone can afford a membership, not everyone that follows a footy club believes in them either
Guess i just equated having the energy and time to spend on an internet forum would equate to serious supporter. Maybe I am getting old.

Guess i just equated having the energy and time to spend on an internet forum would equate to serious supporter. Maybe I am getting old.
There are some pretty serious people out there that for one reason or another aren't paid up members, it's not cheap really and if you can't get to games it's hard to justify for some.

Takes all types to keep a club successful though

That is why I started a thread last week and didn;t discriminate please add your vote to that one
This thread is to get numbers to send to the club even though big footy sponsor players it would be good if we could get more skin in the game as they

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I lost everything I owned in cyclone Yasi, and live a long way from games. Can't afford to spend on membership but can afford a few bytes of internet here and there. While we have everything again, still paying off loans for that stuff, and live essentially hand to mouth. There are some passionate Hawthorn supporters who don't have a trust fund.

16 years a member currently but first joined in the 1980s. Unfortunately I too had a break in my membership so would be around 30 years if not for that break. I only have a three game membership at the moment for a variety of reasons.

Edit: Eek! Now I add it up it would be almost 40 years, surely I am not that old :eek:

Last edited:
Have never lived in Victoria, and left home town of Launceston a few years before they set up base there (bastards!)...

Answered the call in 1996 when living in Brisbane, and stayed a member, outside one financially wobbly year, until we won the flag in 2008. Can't remember why I didn't renew in 2009, but I think it was a combination of finances, slackness and the Hawks not playing in Brisbane that year...haven't been back...

I feel immune to judgment, as brought up on page 1, because I was there the whole time when it was tough! But these days I'm not needed, and there's no real point while living up here 1800km from Brisbane where they never play anyway. I did entertain the idea of flying down for the Brisbane match last year, but the Qld sides are rubbish...

If they ever struggle off field again, I might sign up, or if I move to Melbourne or Tassie...both incredibly unlikely...

Have never lived in Victoria, and left home town of Launceston a few years before they set up base there (bastards!)...

Answered the call in 1996 when living in Brisbane, and stayed a member, outside one financially wobbly year, until we won the flag in 2008. Can't remember why I didn't renew in 2009, but I think it was a combination of finances, slackness and the Hawks not playing in Brisbane that year...haven't been back...

I feel immune to judgment, as brought up on page 1, because I was there the whole time when it was tough! But these days I'm not needed, and there's no real point while living up here 1800km from Brisbane where they never play anyway. I did entertain the idea of flying down for the Brisbane match last year, but the Qld sides are rubbish...

If they ever struggle off field again, I might sign up, or if I move to Melbourne or Tassie...both incredibly unlikely...
good post in general
nobody should feel beholden to pay the club before posting on here or cheering the boys on

if we are all honest being a member in whatever form you choose, if you choose is a luxury, paying your rent/mortgage, and food, utilities etc should always come first

footy clubs thrive on the generosity of their supporters, people give what they can afford when they can afford it

there is no shame in that

Remove this Banner Ad

Universal Love Are you a member of the Hawthorn FC?

Back