Universal Love Are you a member of the Hawthorn FC?

Are you a Hawthorn Football Club Member?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

In the interest of finding out just what percentage of posters are members of our club, this poll will hopefully allow our loitering HFC staffers to recognise that they have a large audience of paid up members to engage with, if they so wish. ;)

We have never had a very strong or consistent level of communication between the club and the members of this board with the club choosing to instead post things on Facebook and Instagram without engaging fully in the format, and it would be nice if this changed, but it won't unless the HFC can see that this forum is a very real way to interact with a large number of the membership base.

So this Poll will aim to identify just how many of our readers are actually HFC members that the club could interact with.

With any luck, this might just give our HFC people something to think about.

**This isn't a judgement on whether you the Hawk fan have the right to comment on these pages, it's exactly what I have stated above.

***In fact, if you're not a HFC member, you might not even want to register a No vote in the poll so as to not be judged, that's completely up to you.

Im in........PROUD.....PASSIONATE......... PAID UP..........

I lost everything I owned in cyclone Yasi, and live a long way from games. Can't afford to spend on membership but can afford a few bytes of internet here and there. While we have everything again, still paying off loans for that stuff, and live essentially hand to mouth. There are some passionate Hawthorn supporters who don't have a trust fund.
LOVE YOUR PASSION....LONG MAY IT LIVE........MEMBERSHIP OR NOT........

I wouldnt have thought that there would be any non members on Hawks Bigfooty.
I would but I've only ever been to one live game in my life, be a waste of money.

I'd be the first one donating and rattling tins if our club needed help, luckily during my adult life Hawthorn have been financially sound.

Last edited:
Yep, my son (4 years a member I think?) and I (22 years) both Proud, Passionate & Paid-Up!

I've been a full member since 1996 (AFL Club Support from '99).

I signed up as a full-paying member when the Merger stuff was happening - prior to that I was an Interstate Member.
Living in Perth, I only got to see 1 or 2 games a year, but the Merger scare made me realise I needed to contribute more. I moved to Melbourne anyways in '97...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

18 years consecutive member. Missed a year in 1999 as was out of work at the time, but ended up going to a heap of games anyway (would have been cheaper to get the membership - Doh!!)
But I was a member for about 5 years before that.
Most importantly I was a member in 1996 - one of about 12,500 members that year and more importantly was at Camberwell town hall to cast my 'NO' vote.
I was one of 5241 to vote No against 2841 voting YES (Sadly our pevious triple premiership coach Allan Jeans voting Yes) and not all members voted.
I also attended the merger game that year where Dunstall kicked 10 and we won by a point to make the finals that year and Langers waived his jumper over his head after the game - bloody stirring stuff that. Interestingly playing for Melbourne that day were Alastair Clarkson and Adam Yze - current Hawks coaches and Todd Viney who was coaching with the Hawks 2005 - 2008.
2 Hawks in the house but I pay for another (my sister) not in my house.

Yep, my son (4 years a member I think?) and I (22 years) both Proud, Passionate & Paid-Up!

I've been a full member since 1996 (AFL Club Support from '99).

I signed up as a full-paying member when the Merger stuff was happening - prior to that I was an Interstate Member.
Living in Perth, I only got to see 1 or 2 games a year, but the Merger scare made me realise I needed to contribute more. I moved to Melbourne anyways in '97...
I'm a Vic living in Perth, I was a member when I was at home, and around twelve years old, 40 years in the big city, two of my boys live in Melbourne now, and the other may be their soon too. Hopefully my wife and I will be visiting and staying over more often now. We have two Victorian born and two Sandgropers born.
Daughter too may go east , all Hawthorn people , by birth or brain washing. ha ha !
I too rejoined the membership with family and then, my boys, as they grew up joined separately.
I know what you mean about rare vision of the team living here in WA.
But thank god and Don Scott it is Gold and Brown still. I rejoined that year 1996 , I joined all the family as country members , to get a vote, and to support the club, never never ever again will the horrible spectre of merging be even thought about.
Lucky?? Are we ever lucky, Hawthorn the greatest modern club ever in AFL/VFL, and that's a great thing , because of all the power house opponents we've had to conquer, when you take out the best, and do it often , it shows your strength.
You got to love those enemies, and some are having a pot shot back now. So be it!!!
Glad to see that big fellow Jack Fitzpatrick back in too.

I am pleased with this thread I would like the club to be right smack bang inside BF because so much talk and debate goes on sometimes its great to hear some news instead of rumours, lets get closer.

Just a last point, I'm a Hawthorn member who has total faith in Alastair Clarkson, I was not surprised when several big names were mentioned to look at the future , we all knew that Hawthorn could not be a power house, year in and year out, logic tells us that players all age.
And we had to go for broke, to get new top quality youngsters, We love Sam and Lewi , we know they are Hawks and will be forever, but they are also professionals, Sammy knew he was going , Jordan will be in the media I bet,but the Hawks had been asked so many times in the 2015 and 2016 ,"WHO YOU GONNA TRADE" you have no one you can, and to get real great youngsters you'll have to give a lot up.
And Clarko did, with courage , and we have Tom and Jaeger who will be around for years, we have Ty Vickery who is a work in progress for us, he will come through, look at his coach!!!
1990 WASN'T THE BEST YEAR, BUT 1991 WASN'T BAD HEY?
We will always be about the place. GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great idea.
I am a Silver member along with my brother.
He actually bought me my membership when I was a teenager, wonderful present for my birthday :)

In the interest of finding out just what percentage of posters are members of our club, this poll will hopefully allow our loitering HFC staffers to recognise that they have a large audience of paid up members to engage with, if they so wish. ;)

We have never had a very strong or consistent level of communication between the club and the members of this board with the club choosing to instead post things on Facebook and Instagram without engaging fully in the format, and it would be nice if this changed, but it won't unless the HFC can see that this forum is a very real way to interact with a large number of the membership base.

So this Poll will aim to identify just how many of our readers are actually HFC members that the club could interact with.

With any luck, this might just give our HFC people something to think about.

**This isn't a judgement on whether you the Hawk fan have the right to comment on these pages, it's exactly what I have stated above.

***In fact, if you're not a HFC member, you might not even want to register a No vote in the poll so as to not be judged, that's completely up to you.

Great idea.
I am a Silver member along with my brother.
He actually bought me my membership when I was a teenager, wonderful present for my birthday :)

My Dad used to buy my nephew a Hawks membership every year for his birthday. Dad is now longer with us my nephew is still a Hawks member :)

Last edited:
I have been a member on then off for 3 years, then on again for the last 9 years since we almost were taken over by Melbourne.

My 14 year old daughter has been a member for 9 years, since she started school.
My 12 year old son has been a member for 8 years (wasn't going to sign him up until the following year but the wife said please take him when you take your daughter to the football).

My grandmother who taken 90 last year got a personalize card from the club because both her sons, 4 grand children, and 4 great grand children, plus 3 spouses are members.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Universal Love Are you a member of the Hawthorn FC?

Back