Universal Love Are you a member of the Hawthorn FC?

Are you a Hawthorn Football Club Member?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes, my daughter (force fed from a young age) and I are Hawks interstate members.

Yep, but still furious at the club for them holding me to ransom last year for the Gold reserved seat that I have had for over a decade. The forced Kennedy Club upgrade was nothing more than a cynical cash grab in order to accommodate the Johnnycomelately members who wanted to get GF tickets had we made it last year.

Well those "members" haven't been seen this season. They have all f***ed off. Don't let the 2017 membership numbers fool you, we are going to take a massive hit next season, especially at the premium end. And don't bet on the club looking after the loyal folk who stick around either.

I love the club but we are just part of the corporate sporting prostitution ring that is being pimped off by Gillon and his goons.

Last edited:
I might be slightly incorrect but the upgrade was to get a level1 seat as opposed to a guaranteed seat anywhere

Not exactly.

I was a Gold Member with a reserved seat on level 2. With the influx of fairweather supporters after our recent success, the club in it's wisdom decided to "regrade" that particular section to Kennedy Club and cash in at the expense of people who had been loyal for years. You were essentially given three options:

1) maintain the same level of membership (Gold) and allow the club to seat you elsewhere,.
2) keep the same seat you had for years but pay a truckload more for it.
3) f*** off as the club will always find someone else to pay for your seat.

Now, when you consider that along with most of the others who used to be in our section, I had been in the same seat for a decade you will understand how we might feel as though the club is treating us like a disposable commodity. Instead of either leaving us the hell alone, or better still, showing some appreciation to members who funded the club during the tough times, the club basically took a steaming dump in our faces in the chase for dollars.

Not exactly.

I was a Gold Member with a reserved seat on level 2. With the influx of fairweather supporters after our recent success, the club in it's wisdom decided to "regrade" that particular section to Kennedy Club and cash in at the expense of people who had been loyal for years. You were essentially given three options:

1) maintain the same level of membership (Gold) and allow the club to seat you elsewhere,.

Now, when you consider that along with most of the others who used to be in our section, I had been in the same seat for a decade you will understand how we might feel as though the club is treating us like a disposable commodity. Instead of either leaving us the hell alone, or better still, showing some appreciation to members who funded the club during the tough times, the club basically took a steaming dump in our faces in the chase for dollars.
I was in the same situation but I guess I am not fussed I can see though how that could piss people off

Not exactly.

Why would you want to be in the same seat for a decade? I always find half the fun of the footy is mixing up from where you view the game

Maybe that's just because I'm still relatively new to footy

Why would you want to be in the same seat for a decade? I always find half the fun of the footy is mixing up from where you view the game

Maybe that's just because I'm still relatively new to footy

Firstly, it is a great seat. But there is also the camaraderie gained from sitting around the same people* every week for years....you become mates along the journey. It's like a community within the Hawthorn community, if that makes sense.

*except for one old bag who sits about 5 rows behind us who will happily criticise our players for a full 120 minutes every week. She once told Sam Mitchell to "get off the ground" and is the reason I wear headphones at the footy.

Firstly, it is a great seat. But there is also the camaraderie gained from sitting around the same people* every week for years....you become mates along the journey. It's like a community within the Hawthorn community, if that makes sense.

*except for one old bag who sits about 5 rows behind us who will happily criticise our players for a full 120 minutes every week. She once told Sam Mitchell to "get off the ground" and is the reason I wear headphones at the footy.

Yeah makes sense when I think about it. I would be worried I would get stuck with a moron

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, but still furious at the club for them holding me to ransom last year for the Gold reserved seat that I have had for over a decade. The forced Kennedy Club upgrade was nothing more than a cynical cash grab in order to accommodate the Johnnycomelately members who wanted to get GF tickets had we made it last year.

Well those "members" haven't been seen this season. They have all f***ed off. Don't let the 2017 membership numbers fool you, we are going to take a massive hit next season, especially at the premium end. And don't bet on the club looking after the loyal folk who stick around either.

I love the club but we are just part of the corporate sporting prostitution ring that is being pimped off by Gillon and his goons.
My mate only becomes a member during the hard yards, once they become successful he cancels his membership. And I think it's mainly due to this reasoning.

Initially found it bizarre but eh.

19 Years (Interstate) continuous. Plus 3 or 4 before that when i missed a year being overseas.

Importantly, my daughter got signed up at birth and is now at 5 years.

On membership, i have a Collingwood mate, who doesn't sign up each year, and he gets phoned a few times, then offered things like Guernseys etc to sign. Which he then does. So he gets the latest Guernsey for zilch each year.

Not exactly.

i had level one [asked for it at time] we had a great room the medalist for a meal too i moved my seat to a different area though loved my bay m51 row b seat but was wanting to sit with other friends too

This is the sad aspect of all this. The members that are not patient enough to hold on until the good times come back and the fact that it isn't the game of the people. I pay through the nose for my membership, but 1996 always sticks in my mind. I just couldn't imagine letting my membership lapse. The club has given me a lot in the last ten years, but at the same time, I always try to put my money where my mouth is.

MCC member and won't join Hawks till they make it beneficial for me to become a member.
Last 6 or so years not beneficial enough?
Not everything has to be money related surely?
After 1996, I swore no matter what I'd always buy a membership every year, and I have

Last 6 or so years not beneficial enough?
Not everything has to be money related surely?
After 1996, I swore no matter what I'd always buy a membership every year, and I have
When would I have used the membership? MCC gets me into all MCG games. For the record I was a Hawks member for 8 years from 1997 through to the year I had to take up my MCC membership.

Also yes reasons are financial. MCC screw over all their members with hidden "fees" which cripple you because you have to pay them.

When would I have used the membership? MCC gets me into all MCG games. For the record I was a Hawks member for 8 years from 1997 through to the year I had to take up my MCC membership.

Also yes reasons are financial. MCC screw over all their members with hidden "fees" which cripple you because you have to pay them.
What "hidden fees"? I'm a full MCC member and I think they've always been very upfront with what fees you'll need to pay.

Will aways accept Financial reasons - that was me back in early 90's.
Back on board with both HFC and MCC memberships and want to continue that way.
Query you - re MCC hidden fees - what's the issue???

Remove this Banner Ad

Universal Love Are you a member of the Hawthorn FC?

Back