Game Day Around The Grounds Rounds 21 - 24 Power beat Freo. Blues make finals. Thank you Port!

Remove this Banner Ad

Lose next week & if Freo beat Port, we are done šŸ˜”

OR

Lose next week & Port beat Freo, then weā€™re gold

OR

Win our next 2 & we are absolutely gold

BUT

We must win tomorrow numb3rs.
We can lose next week, with Freo beating Port, and still be gold if Bulldogs lose both games.

What have we succumbed to? šŸ˜¢

We can lose next week, with Freo beating Port, and still be gold if Bulldogs lose both games.

What have we succumbed to? šŸ˜¢

We just need to get to an elimination final and get Harry, Charlie and TDK back.

We just need to get to an elimination final and get Harry, Charlie and TDK back.

And the bye will help a lot of our sore players

And would give us time to do a reset

Seems a long ways away but they are more than capable of beating the Eagles and Saints with the current 23 - just need to literally take it one game at a time and one quarter at a time

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

If there is EVER any doubt how much the AFL help Collingwood it is well and truly done and dusted after that.

Blatant trips right in front of the umpires

Sling tackles unpaid

3 out of the last 4 centre bounces resulting in frees to the Pies

The first goal of the last quarter being paid as a down field free kick was a farce

That's their fifth win this year that they have been clearly gifted.

7 free kicks to 1 in the last 6 minutes of the game.
Itā€™s all about the ratings ā€¦ must have a drama filled last round

Just looking at some stats. Stocker with 5 and Dow with 4 tackles. FMD
Weirdly tho, Dow zero centre clearances
Had the highest centre bounce to centre clearance ratio in the league last year (of players with like more than 3 attendances - not going to count a bloke with 2 attendances who got a clearance) winning the centre clearance 20% of his attendances.
Saints must have ruined him :$:p:drunk:

At one point, at a stoppage, Dow was a bit too close to where the ball was going to be thrown up and another saints player said something to Dow and Dow immediately took several steps back and gave the player instructing him the thumbs up.

Its one the thing I thought Dow was lacking...awareness.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Liam Stocker and Paddy Dow are not good players and will not improve us if they were still here. There, I said it.

Weirdly tho, Dow zero centre clearances
Had the highest centre bounce to centre clearance ratio in the league last year (of players with like more than 3 attendances - not going to count a bloke with 2 attendances who got a clearance) winning the centre clearance 20% of his attendances.
Saints must have ruined him :$:p:drunk:

Hes barely played this season.

No doubt the reason they arent top 4.

Final 8 is set imo. Reckon we end up 10th. Pies will beat Melbourne next week. Unless freo choke at at home against Port.
Of course Freo can choke and of course Dees can win! They'd love to dash the Pies as any team would.
It's unlikely the team I want most to drop out...the Hawks will do so with their tin arse family club draw..but who knows! It's that kind of year.
We do not know yet.

Let's see what kind of magic we can pull out later today. Enthusiasm is infectious and we have some youth that will stir that up.

So
yes-cheering.gif

It seems Lyon is starting to see the light as to how u need to play the modern game.
I thought the move of stocker in the middle was a good one
I just don't care what either R. Lyon or J. Lewis ever say or do.
I wish I never had to encounter them on screen or radio.
I also wish folks would keep their 'if only we had' comments contained to just the 6-8 Carlton related threads and not carry them into the Game Day thread.
For mental health, we need at least one thread where we can laugh at, admire or hate on other teams than our own don't we?šŸ˜ƒ

It seems Lyon is starting to see the light as to how u need to play the modern game.
I thought the move of stocker in the middle was a good one

What ... you mean Stocker is an inside mid? Go figure.

It ainā€™t over til itā€™s over.
If we win tomorrow where still a big shot to finish in the eight!
We could get some players back for saints(possibly).
We could easily get rolling again with a bit of luck
We can play elimination final aginst Lions at the gabba, which we've beaten them before
We then play a semi final against Cats at the G, we've beaten them before
We'll then play a prelim against Port at Adelaide, We've beaten them before

If you ask me, still our year ;)

It would be peak Carlton to play these new players, have them perform well and win both games. To then revert back to injured players who get reinjured early and we crap the bed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day Around The Grounds Rounds 21 - 24 Power beat Freo. Blues make finals. Thank you Port!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back