Game Day Around The Grounds Rounds 21 - 24 Power beat Freo. Blues make finals. Thank you Port!

Remove this Banner Ad

Sent this to my * loving cousin.

8caaaea5f335ac5a8171fe8e11617a7a.jpg

Walshy, not sure how many of those dynamic hf have kicked more than 32 goals and had 14 goal assists like Owies has.

Owies has done very well this year, our third highest goal scorer behind Harry who’s managed 46 goals and 6 goal assists.

Btw is your Grandpa a good set shot at goal…:D
Depends who you ask... According to him he was a world class leg spinner, footballer, golfer, tennis player and all round academic genius.

Round 24 Brownlow night should be fun, Daicos 3 votes, Neale likely 3 votes, up to Bont and Crippa tomorrow.

Watching Neale tonight I couldn't help but think "there's another Brownlow..."

Could get close to 30 votes in the second half of the year so if he's in it in the first half of the year lock it in

Think he comes over the top of Cripps.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watching Neale tonight I couldn't help but think "there's another Brownlow..."

Could get close to 30 votes in the second half of the year so if he's in it in the first half of the year lock it in

Think he comes over the top of Cripps.
God no.. he’s had 1/2 the year Bont, Cripps, Heeny even Golden Boy have had.

God no.. he’s had 1/2 the year Bont, Cripps, Heeny even Golden Boy have had.

Living up here I tend to follow them quite a bit more than other clubs.

Screenshot_20240824-222501.png

That's his second half of the year where they've won 10 of 12. That's 3 vote city.

We know he polls in games hr shouldn't as well so those low possession games wouldn't surprise me if he gets 1 or 2.

Living up here I tend to follow them quite a bit more than other clubs.

View attachment 2090263

That's his second half of the year where they've won 10 of 12. That's 3 vote city.

We know he polls in games hr shouldn't as well so those low possession games wouldn't surprise me if he gets 1 or 2.
Lets hope not. Would be the worst 3 time Brownlow medallist I can think of. Cripps been far better this season on consistency, would like Bont to get 1 but he's been too up and down to win this year imo.

Lets hope not. Would be the worst 3 time Brownlow medallist I can think of. Cripps been far better this season on consistency, would like Bont to get 1 but he's been too up and down to win this year imo.

Unfair imo, watch him often enough you’ll see he’s a really well rounded player. Does the dirty stuff, is good on the outside and hits the scoreboard too.

Updated. Bring on 12.30pm onwards

To play Lions away (5th v 8th)
Dogs, Us and Freo = 8th, play BL at Gabba
Dogs, Us and Port = 8th, play BL at Gabba
Dogs, StK, Port = 8th, play BL at Gabba
GWS, StK, Port = 8th, play BL at Gabba

To play Hawks at G (6th v 7th)
GWS, Us and Freo = 7th, play Hawks at G
GWS, Us and Port = 7th, play Hawks at G

Finish 9th and miss
Dogs, StK and Freo = Finish 9th
GWS, StK and Freo = Finish 9th

Unfair imo, watch him often enough you’ll see he’s a really well rounded player. Does the dirty stuff, is good on the outside and hits the scoreboard too.

He’s a good player. Bit of a stats padder though. So often he handballs to a player under immediate pressure so he can get the one-two. There’s only ever been three or four other players to win 3 Brownlow medals in its history.. so it’s not a stretch to say he would be the worst 3 time Brownlow winner. He also has no other mids who consistently steal votes off him. Dunkley is arguably a better player but never polls well. Cripps has more impact on games, pushes forward and kicks more goals too. Daicos has more impact too. Definitely Bont as well. The Brownlow is a bit of a joke because a) it’s always a midfielder who wins it and b) it relies so heavily on how many wins a team has in the season and having no one else stealing votes.

What do we all prefer?

If we make it: Brisbane.

They make so many mental errors that cost them in finals that I think they're easier to beat than Hawthorn who are ramping up going into finals and will be fresh and full of confidence against us.

But I'm more accepting of not making it than I would normally be. Boys can turn the pain of missing and turn it into a motivator for a healthier 2025 and get two weeks extra holiday and preseason into them.

Unfortunately I think the reality is if we do make it we're making a token finals appearance at best. Road to a premiership could legitimately end up with 3 out of state finals. 1 or 2 is doable but 3 in a row is asking the impossible.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day Around The Grounds Rounds 21 - 24 Power beat Freo. Blues make finals. Thank you Port!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back