Game Day Around the Grounds - Week 1 - Elimination & Qualifying Finals 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

I had a look at the team stats. Not something I’d recommend to Port Adelaide fans.

Only 288 possessions for the match. Of those 70 were turnovers.

When they got the ball they kicked it on a roughly 2 to 1 basis (long to a contest). I suppose that’s why they only lost the inside 50s 53 to 57.

The damning statistic was uncontested footy. The Cats won it by +75. Loose players everywhere.

Finally Geelong only had 47 tackles for the match and a modest 7 tackles inside 50.

Who mentioned a broom handle?

I had a look at the team stats. Not something I’d recommend to Port Adelaide fans.

When they got the ball they kicked it on a roughly 2 to 1 basis (long to a contest). I suppose that’s why they only lost the inside 50s 53 to 57.

The damning statistic was uncontested footy. The Cats won it by +75. Loose players everywhere.

Finally Geelong only had 47 tackles for the match and a modest 7 tackles inside 50.

Bruise free is the terminology

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Unbelievable Geelong keep doing it and will add Bailey Smith while Port fail again with their great opportunity. I hope we trade Cerra he will produce unfortunate not much in finals. We should be using our first on Smith. I hope the prediction by Monday Brisbane have parted ways with Chris Fagan then we know it a good start of week. Chris Fagan then get a call from West Coast Eagles to have a job.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port applied very little pressure, while could not absorb Geelong's pressure, which was very good btw.
It was an embarrassing display by Port but also, they did not help themselves by obviously playing unfit (Dixon) and injured (Butters) players.
I'm sure our boys were watching - all our team members.

Last edited:

North would have put up a better performance. Port were putrid. Cats missed more than 10 set shots most of which weren't difficult. Should have been over 100 Points. That is the kind of loss that breaks a team. Straight sets for Port-Again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day Around the Grounds - Week 1 - Elimination & Qualifying Finals 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back