Game Day Around The Grounds - Week 2 - Semi Finals 1 & 2 - 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Someone needs to tell Fox that a final needs no hype.

It's a game of footy. It doesn't need a series of slomo clips with talking heads gushing over both sides; it doesn't need a CG copy of the premiership cup hovering on the screen, flanked by members of the coverage.

You don't need to tell me this is finals footy. We know it's finals footy.

It's footy. We'd watch it if you fronted it with a paper bag. The paper bag'd be preferred sometimes; the paper bag doesn't bitch about how the ball is out or whinge along partisan lines about what that AWFUL Ken Hinkley said to Ginnivan.

Maybe I'm just getting old...

Now Leigh Matthews. Lethal Leigh. A well earned nick name. Watching the pregame on Fox. Jason Dunstall. You’ve got to like him. An ex-Hawthorn player who realises he works in the media and responds as a neutral watching the events unfold. He was OK with Ken’s reaction.
It’s hard to stomach. His is a bloke who was arrested and charged with assault for an on field incident now preaching like he’s Jesus about fair play. Spare me.

Someone needs to tell Fox that a final needs no hype.

It's a game of footy. It doesn't need a series of slomo clips with talking heads gushing over both sides; it doesn't need a CG copy of the premiership cup hovering on the screen, flanked by members of the coverage.

You don't need to tell me this is finals footy. We know it's finals footy.

It's footy. We'd watch it if you fronted it with a paper bag. The paper bag'd be preferred sometimes; the paper bag doesn't bitch about how the ball is out or whinge along partisan lines about what that AWFUL Ken Hinkley said to Ginnivan.

Maybe I'm just getting old...

Attachments

• 1726306066534.jpeg
    1726306066534.jpeg
    177.1 KB · Views: 5

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day Around The Grounds - Week 2 - Semi Finals 1 & 2 - 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back