Game Day Around The Grounds - Week 2 - Semi Finals 1 & 2 - 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

In the 1980s and 1990s there were far bigger crowds. It’s no coincidence the worst final crowd in living memory (Covid years and Waverley grand final excluded) featured 2 poorly supported sides. An AFL GF between GWS and Gold Coast would be an absolute disaster.

It’s the biggest sporting event on the Australian calendar bar none, all tickets would be sold without issue.

It’s not Rugby league ffs

You’d probably find it would also have unprecedented TV ratings with the Northern states tuning in enmasse

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

It hurts not to be part of these games.

I hopes the club,coaches & players are stewing in this hurt, like we are.

I want to see & hear an unconditional unified resolve.

I don’t want to hear about” learning”, “getting better” or “our way”.

I will spew if I hear those words again.

Just want it, think strategically, work hard, believe together & make it happen!

Last edited:

Brisbane v Port 2004 GF crowd was in the 70,000s. Geelong v Sydney is the only hope for a decent crowd.

AFL is creating a rod for its own back with northern state concessions. A couple years of GWs, Syd, Gold Coast grand finals would be a disaster.
Every GF sells out. The MCG was under reconstruction, hence the reduced capacity.

In the 1980s and 1990s there were far bigger crowds. It’s no coincidence the worst final crowd in living memory (Covid years and Waverley grand final excluded) featured 2 poorly supported sides. An AFL GF between GWS and Gold Coast would be an absolute disaster.
Up until the early 80s, yes, but the crowds at GFs now outstrip every attendance from then onwards.

No 100,000 crowd in the 90s (the gap was from 86-08).

Brisbane v Port 2004 GF crowd was in the 70,000s. Geelong v Sydney is the only hope for a decent crowd.

AFL is creating a rod for its own back with northern state concessions. A couple years of GWs, Syd, Gold Coast grand finals would be a disaster.
Having half the stadium missing tends to reduce the capacity

Up until the early 80s, yes, but the crowds at GFs now outstrip every attendance from then onwards.

No 100,000 crowd in the 90s (the gap was from 86-08).

VFL removed standing room, under the Southern stand & behind the Ponsford end goals in the early 80’s, & put seats in to accommodate VFL members.

Then they put corporates into the old Northern/Olympic stand.

Which reduced capacity by 10k.

At Sydney airport Virgin Lounge, Along with all the Lions brigade.😂
Said well done to coach as I walked past. He was super friendly.
Do they need a horse to replace striker do you think?🤔

Oh ! I just realised I'm sitting in an area eith all the travelling journos/media.
Shhhh.... I've put my sunnies and trenchcoat on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A horsey in sunnies & TC!!!

Pics or it didn’t happen.😎👍
This is getting super weird.
Lachie Neale just came up and patted me.
ExCussse me Laachie

I am inCOGnito baby!
Go AwaY!

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day Around The Grounds - Week 2 - Semi Finals 1 & 2 - 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back