As a Crow fan, how will YOU handle it if Port Power win the Flag this year?

Remove this Banner Ad

A team that has lost a QF by 50+ points are 12-0 the following week.

They are 0-12 in prelims.

Sydney are in the grand final. It's a flip of the coin from there.
Since the current finals system came in only 2 teams have made the GF after losing a home QF (Sydney '16, WCE '06) - both those teams finished top of the ladder and only one of those went on to win the flag (WCE '06). WCE only lost the home QF by 1 pt and Sydney lost theirs by 36, albeit against GWS at ANZ Stadium. No team has ever lost a home QF after finishing 2nd and made the GF, let alone won it. Basically they'd be defying all the odds.

Port haven't list to Sydney since 2016, and beat them by 20 goals last time they played.

They're in the grand final. It's a flip of the coin from there.
Sydney snapped a 10 game losing streak against Collingwood to won the 2012 prelim and Hawthorn broke the Kennett curse in a prelim.

The thrashing is a concern, but plenty of head to heads have been flipped in finals.

Lions beat Melbourne in the 2022 semi at the G after a 70 point loss to them at home two matches earlier.

The Giants beat Port in last year's semi after getting thrashed at the same ground.

The Giants beat the Bulldogs in the 2019 EF by 58 points two matches after losing to them by 61 points at the same ground (effectively a 20 goal turnaround)

The Cats effectively won that GF by 20 goals after losing to Port at home in the penultimate game.

My initial reaction to this game was a Port win but, logically, finals are a completely different game and past performances are not a future indicator of future performances (now I want to invest in a super fund).

Sydney snapped a 10 game losing streak against Collingwood to won the 2012 prelim and Hawthorn broke the Kennett curse in a prelim.

The thrashing is a concern, but plenty of head to heads have been flipped in finals.

Lions beat Melbourne in the 2022 semi at the G after a 70 point loss to them at home two matches earlier.

The Giants beat Port in last year's semi after getting thrashed at the same ground.

The Giants beat the Bulldogs in the 2019 EF by 58 points two matches after losing to them by 61 points at the same ground (effectively a 20 goal turnaround)

The Cats effectively won that GF by 20 goals after losing to Port at home in the penultimate game.

My initial reaction to this game was a Port win but, logically, finals are a completely different game and past performances are not a future indicator of future performances (now I want to invest in a super fund).
Brisbane have a bigger streak to snap.

IMG_5405.jpeg

Will the fact that poor Kenny has been lobbed a $20,000 fine from that horrible AVFL mob fire his boys up? Will they be inspired ... NEVER TEAR US APART? I can see that happening. They could come out breathing fire, and scorch Sydney.

I'll be hoping, and crossing fingers and toes, that this doesn't eventuate.

Will the fact that poor Kenny has been lobbed a $20,000 fine from that horrible AVFL mob fire his boys up? Will they be inspired ... NEVER TEAR US APART? I can see that happening. They could come out breathing fire, and scorch Sydney.

Kenny hasn’t copped the fine, the clue did.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It will either be that or if they lose it will then be discussed how the whole Hinkley/Ginnivan thing became a distraction for Port leading into the game.

Often those articles write themselves depending on the outcome.

At least a lot of us will make some $$ off them winning the flag. Based on posts there’s a lot of emotional hedgers on bigfooty.
I got them at 18$ last week, i also whacked coin on JHF and Butters to win norm smith and i will put more on port at $10. i have also created new burner social media accounts with no footy pages etc so i wont have to see footy news on my feed. It would be a nightmare if they won the flag but at the end of the day we all still need to wake up and go to work, look after our kids/family, pay bills/mortgage lol so life goes on. We just cant bag port for a very long time.

Some of us (including myself) after they got beat by 84 points 2 weeks ago went a little crazy and celebrated too early. i wish i kept quiet now..

It will either be that or if they lose it will then be discussed how the whole Hinkley/Ginnivan thing became a distraction for Port leading into the game.

Often those articles write themselves depending on the outcome.
You could have two articles pre-written before the bounce, one for a Port win and one for a loss, and simply press the 'post' button for one at the final siren. AFL 'journalism'.

Some of us (including myself) after they got beat by 84 points 2 weeks ago went a little crazy and celebrated too early. i wish i kept quiet now..
Little Dance GIF by DevX Art
This is allowed

The only thing I can hang my hat on, besides making a bet on them to win it (which hopefully will crash and burn) is that the teams they end up facing in the GF both have recent GF experience, and beat Port by what 84 and 79 points in there last meetings?

Watching them get smacked in a grand final is just as nice.
My father went to Norwood High School so the hatred was instilled from a very young age even though he said Russell Ebert, Barry Robran and Roger Woodcock(a high school mate) were the best footballers he had watched.
I saw Ebert in his twilight. He was still brilliant.

Watching them get smacked in a grand final is just as nice.
My father went to Norwood High School so the hatred was instilled from a very young age even though he said Russell Ebert, Barry Robran and Roger Woodcock(a high school mate) were the best footballers he had watched.
I saw Ebert in his twilight. He was still brilliant.
Growing up as a Sturt supporter I learned to hate PA at an early stage.

I just cannot stand them. You cant measure my hatred for them. All the 1870; creed bullshit, does my head in.

And the carry on about Cahill; Williams and McLean. Yes they were all good football people and their records speak for themselves but none of them were born and bred PA people (Cahill came from South Adelaide; Williams from West Adelaide and Mclean from Norwood)

Having said that, the one PA guy I did admire was Ebert. Brilliant footballer and didn't appear to be a typical PA arrogant flog.

ARGH! New
Growing up as a Sturt supporter I learned to hate PA at an early stage.

I just cannot stand them. You cant measure my hatred for them. All the 1870; creed bullshit, does my head in.

And the carry on about Cahill; Williams and McLean. Yes they were all good football people and their records speak for themselves but none of them were born and bred PA people (Cahill came from South Adelaide; Williams from West Adelaide and Mclean from Norwood)

Having said that, the one PA guy I did admire was Ebert. Brilliant footballer and didn't appear to be a typical PA arrogant flog.
I grew up in the heart of Port Adelaide all my life pretty much until i moved out now live North. my Dad is the only non port fan in his family/extended family.. they were all port magpies.. dad grew up in the 60s/70s supporting Sturt and in the 80s had a soft spot for Carlton. my first game of footy i watched was the 1990 SANFL GF and i barracked hard for the magpies.. watched it with my grandfather who passed away 2 weeks after the 1990 SANFL GF. i was on track to becoming a port fan until the birth of the crows and in the summer of 90/91 as a 8yr old became obsessed with the Crows and Scotty Hodges was my first idol lol until 93 when Modra came on the scene. I became a season ticket holder in 91 as a kid all the way up until 2018 when i didnt re-new my membership.. im at a point when id rather watch on tv and go to 1 or 2 live games a year now. Naturally as the 90s went on i also became a sturt fan and my hatred grew for port when the power came in. going to a high school in the port and being a crows fan was tough. pretty much i was saved.. cos if port went into the AFL first i could have been lost to the darkside. anyone that knows me or knows of me on here, social media etc knows my pure hatred for the Port Power footy club (est 1995, joined AFL in 1997)... IT WOULD BE A NIGHTMARE IF PORT WON THE FLAG! ARGH!

Remove this Banner Ad

As a Crow fan, how will YOU handle it if Port Power win the Flag this year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back