As a Crow fan, how will YOU handle it if Port Power win the Flag this year?

Remove this Banner Ad

You idiots. Same thing happens every year

Same time line
1. Port mediocre start
2. Port cant beat an under 7s side
3. Ken gets called out
4. Port moves into an easy part of draw and wins a lot of games
5. Port fans think they have finally found the missing pieces
6. Port fans in finals realise they havent found the missing pieces
7. Port predictable fail as soon as they play quality teams and get dumped out like the shit team they are.

They seem to have their $hit together this year. previous years they had a lot of chinks in their Armour but this year they are set up perfectly.
They didn't peak in round 5 or 12.. they pretty much flew under the radar until the Showdown. Their fans will be unbearable if they win it.. we will just have to cop it and it might be the kick up the backside the Adelaide Footy club needs if Port win.. might make us make drastic changes to make sure they don't overtake us in the SA market/Success. Its their flag to lose.
Be Happy No Worries GIF

I was absolutely convinced this was their year…honestly I was. So friggin happy. Doesnt make up for our disaster, but helps…

Smashed to pieces by anyone they played in the top 4 this year in finals and scraped a win against Hawthorn.

They aren't anywhere near it and never have been.

Smashed to pieces by anyone they played in the top 4 this year in finals and scraped a win against Hawthorn.

They aren't anywhere near it and never have been.

If they had the same side on the park minus just one of JHF or Butters they lose every match against the top half off the table. Thats how reliant they are on this midfield. Not to mention, they lost a showdown to us with all those players. They are not a great side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If they had the same side on the park minus just one of JHF or Butters they lose every match against the top half off the table. Thats how reliant they are on this midfield. Not to mention, they lost a showdown to us with all those players. They are not a great side.

I rate our list higher tbh, less gaping holes. Throw a really good midfielder into our team and we go past them within a year. They would literally kill to have one of Fogarty or RT and we have them both...

I was absolutely convinced this was their year…honestly I was. So friggin happy. Doesnt make up for our disaster, but helps…
Given there were no standout premiership favourite this was their best chance, they played a QF at home against a team who most thought as one of the weakest top 8 team let alone top 4 and then a PF, although away, against a side they won 8 straight against and been in poor from toward the end of the season. I think this was a bigger choke than their massive H&A and Final series advantage they had in consecutive pandemic affected seasons.

Given there were no standout premiership favourite this was their best chance, they played a QF at home against a team who most thought as one of the weakest top 8 team let alone top 4 and then a PF, although away, against a side they won 8 straight against and been in poor from toward the end of the season. I think this was a bigger choke than their massive H&A and Final series advantage they had in consecutive pandemic affected seasons.

But Sydney are so clearly far ahead of Port when you see that game tonight.

Can they really blame Ken? The midfield really isn’t that great yet. A great midfield stands up in games like that, even Horne Francis was pretty pathetic. Ken keeps getting them there, the team has to pull through, the coach cannot play the game. Personally think it’s a waaaaay over rated list that makes the most out of beating teams when they are down or non contenders.

I rate our list higher tbh, less gaping holes. Throw a really good midfielder into our team and we go past them within a year. They would literally kill to have one of Fogarty or RT and we have them both...

I was actually thinking this tonight while watching them.
Our KPF’s in Fogarty Thilthorpe Walker, small forward Rachelle Rankine, with Welsh as F/S are streets ahead of theirs.
KPD’s - Murray Keane Worrall Butts Michallaney and Hinge makes us look far stronger at both ends than Port.
Bring in Draper to join Dawson, Crouch, Cumming, Neal-Bullen, Curtin, Pedlar and growth in babies like Edwards Taylor and Dowling, and we could easily overtake Port next year.
We just need a new coach.

Will be interesting as to where Port go from here, surely Boak and Dixon are done so that’s 2 key players from previous years now gone.

Ratagulea is a spud, read on the Port board 4 marks and 0.1.

Marshall a real worry.

Lose Houston and that’s one of their best players gone.

They’ve got zero depth.

If they bring in Perryman and Luko they’ll be bottom 8 I reckon but it’s still not going to be enough.

Remove this Banner Ad

As a Crow fan, how will YOU handle it if Port Power win the Flag this year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back