Win Prizes Ask an Atheist II

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome to the Ask an Atheist thread II.

Previous part:

Standard board rules apply.

Just as an aside, I can remember attending one of the first ever Good Friday gigs at the Tote Hotel (Tumbleweed being the headliner) and it was made out in some quarters that fire and brimstone were inevitable due to us heathens.
The Tote itself was put to death, only to be resurrected. Quite fitting! The Bendigo though, dunno what semblance of life it might come back with;

Is this indicative of all Christians or not and if not why put it up?
Um I already said I don’t believe it’s indicative of all Christians.

And did you read the rest of my reply?

BTW the thread topic makes no mention of Christianity.

The article I linked is about an extreme Christian sect, but my point is about the horseshitte - ranging from the merely ridiculous to actually fatal - that non-religious believers are expected to tolerate because - well, why? Because religious believers think something inside their heads, and apparently that’s the consideration that overrides all else.

Beliefs are just beliefs. Time we stopped handling them with kid gloves.

If God could create the floods and wipe out everything except what was on the arc couldn't God just remove the evil in the world as that is what is intended? Or maybe they didn't think of that when writing, as they invented the bible.

I had an old mate who believes word for word the bible. It's hilarious. I had a good chuckle at his stupidity. I can't believe how gullible people are.
Why have the flood at all, god can just uninvent us in an instant.

gone-vanished.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If God could create the floods and wipe out everything except what was on the arc couldn't God just remove the evil in the world as that is what is intended?
The creator of the billions and billions of fiery stars in the universe (many of them up to a hundred times larger than the one called Sun) has this strangely parental attitude to one type of mammal on a small planet 93 million miles from that star and wants them to learn that "he" (creators have gender, apparently) "loves" (creators have mere human emotions, apparently) them and wants them to be good.

Last edited:
The creator of the billions and billions of fiery stars in the universe (many of them up to a hundred times larger than the one called Sun) has this strangely parental attitude to one type of mammal on a small planet 93 million miles from that star and wants them to learn that "he" (creators have gender, apparently) "loves" (creators have mere human emotions, apparently) them and wants them to be good.

That mammal also primarily lives on land which covers 30% of the surface area. Rest is water.

so i wont ask christians here to repent and lay down and worship money....but many have already done that. I just ask them to look into their hearts and ask themselves what they truly believe in and if they're honest with themselves, and admit what is their true god
Psalm 139:23-24
23 Search me, God, and know my heart;
test me and know my anxious thoughts.
24 See if there is any offensive way in me,
and lead me in the way everlasting.

Psalm 139:23-24
23 Search me, God, and know my heart;
test me and know my anxious thoughts.
24 See if there is any offensive way in me,
and lead me in the way everlasting.

dubs dubs.... like a blast from the past. I didn't realize that I posted that post two months ago. I had to re-read it so I could get myself up to date. You have to forgive some of my grammar and spelling in that post. I tend to write them fast and I don't often error-correct them.

Anyway, as for your psalm stuff.... geez, the Old Testament just leaves me cold. Psalms, of course, being pseudo poetry are on the worst end of the spectrum.

I often wonder why christians insist on focusing on the Torah when Jesus was giving the good news in the New Testament. For godsake, give that old judeo-christian crap the big heave-ho. You only have to look at your precursors in the Middle East to realize that murder seems to come easy to them.

And think of me, as satan in the desert and you can play the part of Jesus being tested.....

I will offer you a flag in the near future if only you give up Geelong and follow the Pies and worship me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Win Prizes Ask an Atheist II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back