Ask DT/SC Questions Here (Please check player's roster watch thread before Posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Ask DT/SC Questions Here (Please Read First Page before Posting)

Just wanna give a :thumbsu: to Quigley for the first page bios. Will be checking in regularly as a credible source of info.
Update on Zorko?
Rockliff = lock for the next 5+ years :)

How far away is Sam Docherty?

Yeo has been promising in the NAB cup and has probably played better than expected. I think he might get a game or 2 this year, but i don't think he will feature regularly unless the injury gods smite us again. Is still a bit raw.

Hi guys,

Any idea what Golby's role will be this year and his JS? Played a very DT friendly game last night tonning it up with lot's of kicks and marks...

Probably still a bit hard to fully judge, and from last night we still have Merrett, Hanley, Adcock and Drummond to come back in, but he did look good though....

Probably still a bit hard to fully judge, and from last night we still have Merrett, Hanley, Adcock and Drummond to come back in, but he did look good though....

Not really competing with most of those guys for a spot IMHO. Could he play Ash McGrath's role if McGrath is moved forward and Jed more midfield time this year though?

Not really competing with most of those guys for a spot IMHO. Could he play Ash McGrath's role if McGrath is moved forward and Jed more midfield time this year though?

Yep, this is looking likely. Played a good game last night for sure.

I was a great fan of young Callum Bartlett and was a bit dirty you guys snaffled him before we could. I know he has had a shocking run with injuries, but can anyone give me an update on how he is progressing?

PRobably won't pick him but liked the way he moved and interested in how he is going and if we are likely to see him this year.

Geelong queries happily answered btw :thumbsu:

I was a great fan of young Callum Bartlett and was a bit dirty you guys snaffled him before we could. I know he has had a shocking run with injuries, but can anyone give me an update on how he is progressing?

PRobably won't pick him but liked the way he moved and interested in how he is going and if we are likely to see him this year.

Geelong queries happily answered btw :thumbsu:
They've been bringing him along fairly slowly. Played the intraclub match but hasn't played either NAB Cup round or the reserves practice match on the weekend.

Cal is likely to be more a potential downgrade target than a Rd 1 prospect.

From the Cats I'm interested in Stephenson, Smedts and Christensen. What do you think Christensen will average this year? Do you think he'll continue to be used as a sub, or is he more likely to be a starting 18 player? And do you think Smedts will get regular early games?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cal is likely to be more a potential downgrade target than a Rd 1 prospect.

From the Cats I'm interested in Stephenson, Smedts and Christensen. What do you think Christensen will average this year? Do you think he'll continue to be used as a sub, or is he more likely to be a starting 18 player? And do you think Smedts will get regular early games?

OK...

1) Stephenson will play IMO. Geelong's ruck stocks are limited with Vardy and Dawson both out for the first half of the season. He is strong and experienced and has showed reasonable form up to now, especially in his tap work. He will play games and is a good 4th ruck option in DT for the price.

2) Smedts was described by simon Beasley as the best schoolboy footballer he had seen. This kid is all class and will play games this year, but not sure if it will be round 1. Geelong's backline is pretty solid, tho Wojinski has had an interuppted pre season and they may bring him along slowly. That may give Smedts a chance early on, but he is still has plenty of work to do in the gym. If he is as hot as some people say, he will slot in, but i suspect he will play fewer games than people think. In saying that, he's on the bench in my team.

3) Christensen will play most games this year. He is a gun and will improve even more this year. Expect to see him regularly picked in the Geelong line-up....in the midfield and up forward. A gem!

Hope that helps a little.

Smedts has not looked great (not bad either but nothing to separate from the pack) in the preseason so far and would be behind the likes of Hogan, Guthrie, Hunt and Horlin-Smith. I wouldn't be counting on him getting regular games early.

Christensen I don't think has played in the preseason yet. He looks like a potentially good selection but it's hard to pick him without some idea of how he is travelling and why he has not been playing to date.

Quigley am liking the look of Hanley, how did he go yesterday, partic in the first half when the game was tight?

Smedts has not looked great (not bad either but nothing to separate from the pack) in the preseason so far and would be behind the likes of Hogan, Guthrie, Hunt and Horlin-Smith. I wouldn't be counting on him getting regular games early.

Christensen I don't think has played in the preseason yet. He looks like a potentially good selection but it's hard to pick him without some idea of how he is travelling and why he has not been playing to date.

Re Smedts....better have another look mate.

Re Christensen....he's fine and played on the weekend ( tho pretty average like most of them!! ) Inside mid this year and a gun. Will play 18+ this year and play well...a star in the making.

Re Smedts....better have another look mate.

Re Christensen....he's fine and played on the weekend ( tho pretty average like most of them!! ) Inside mid this year and a gun. Will play 18+ this year and play well...a star in the making.
Smedts did get a fair bit of it on the weekend. He did look a lot better but some of his disposals were still a little below what I am sure the coach would have hoped for. Wait to see if he is named for round 1 I guess. I still think the others I named are all in with as much of a chance as he is even Horlin-Smith who did not get much game time but had some classy moments. Smedts 90% TOG, Guthrie 60%, Hunt and Horlin-Smith 45%.

Christensen I watched fairly closely on the weekend (as much as you can with a 3 year old demanding attention). He split a fair bit of time between the forward line and the midfield playing a pretty similar role to what he did in teh second half of last year. He may not have been at his best but he was okay in a game that would have served to blow the cobwebs out. If you were thinking of picking him you could have taken a fair bit out of the game. He had 90% game time.

Quigley am liking the look of Hanley, how did he go yesterday, partic in the first half when the game was tight?

He looked like quality. If you were thinking of him before you should only be encouraged by the Carlton game. Was used extensively in the first half when the pressure was on and looked good.

My issue with picking Geelong rookies is that they have a history of managing them really well. Great for the club, not so good for the fantasy coaches! They seem to give their young group a week off at the first sign of fatigue or a niggle. It was present in the past but really came to the fore last year with Scott's squad mentality. Smedts is in my side but I don't have a lot of confidence that he'll play every game early. I can see him getting a rest pretty regularly.

My issue with picking Geelong rookies is that they have a history of managing them really well. Great for the club, not so good for the fantasy coaches! They seem to give their young group a week off at the first sign of fatigue or a niggle. It was present in the past but really came to the fore last year with Scott's squad mentality. Smedts is in my side but I don't have a lot of confidence that he'll play every game early. I can see him getting a rest pretty regularly.

Yes...I think your right. Hopefully he will gain value early for a trade later.

Liked Quigleys assessment a couple of posts above this. A good summary. Horlin-Smith is probably unheard of by most pundits outside Geelong, but he has really shown a bit this NAB Cup....might get a few games as well at some stage.

Keep an eye on " The Hyphen"

Hey guys, wondering if you know how Zorko is coming along since his hip injury? Any chance to play in the NAB cup game this weekend/round1?

Its been a closed shop as far as getting injury info out of the lions. There has been no indication that Zorko will play this week.

Its been a closed shop as far as getting injury info out of the lions. There has been no indication that Zorko will play this week.
Almost certain he won't play NAB Challenge anyway.

Remove this Banner Ad

Ask DT/SC Questions Here (Please check player's roster watch thread before Posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back