Assistant coaches 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Will be at least one more new assistant, possibly a couple. Ratten seems like a possibility, as does Cam Bruce.

A few whispers about former demon Nathan Brown coming onboard too.

tv land eww GIF by [HASH=785530]#Impastor[/HASH]

If Teague looks after the midfield I'll melt.
Not a fan of Teague, heard he is not a people person (back when he was at the blues)

The ball movement under Teague was literally terrible. And at Marvel, It was beyond bad.

Agree highest scoring team in 2022 and we change his role
Never changed his role. Not sure why everyone thinks we did.

He came in as ball movement coach at the end of 2021 and has remained there.

honestly props for not sooking it up or thinking we don't deserve him etc and still willing to come across without moving up to senior role. good to see
100% think it shows both the maturity of him and also Yze
Obviously the fact they have worked together helps but still great to see

Wonder if Yze plans to have him as his 2IC

I come in peace: I’m stoked to have X. Clarke as from the outside he seems to have been a fair part of your success — how do you guys feel about him leaving?
Always came across as a very good relationship builder, but never seemed overly strategic.

Wouldn't say he had a huge role in our success given he was just a development coach at the time and has only been elevated to line coach in the last two years.

Would've happily kept him, but not gutted that he's moving on.

Well done Chris Newman. Your thoughts TigerImposter
I'm all happy as we're doing a complete clean out and I think Chris will be excellent with the developing of our younger boys as most regressed this year. I believe he could be important to us like Fly was with us and now at Collingwood. I like the way he won a VFL flag at Hawthorn and looking at some of those young players now I believe Chris has had a big impact on their development. I lost faith in Newy mainly bc he hung around too long as a player, but he did give us great leadership in times when really we were rubble.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I come in peace: I’m stoked to have X. Clarke as from the outside he seems to have been a fair part of your success — how do you guys feel about him leaving?
He's never even mentioned as a senior coach candidate after all these years which should tell you everything.

He got an interview with us due to nepotism.

Don't rate him tactically but seems to be a good relationship builder and development coach. Will be great for Tarryn Thomas.

Plus being indigenous some of his wage isn't counted in the soft cap and we know you guys love handouts....

He's never even mentioned as a senior coach candidate after all these years which should tell you everything.

He got an interview with us due to nepotism.
Ok, but if he’s only been a line coach for two years then not having a heap of senior interviews isn’t necessarily a problem. Anyway, we’re happy and you’re happy so all good - I’ll be on my way.

Happy for him to move on and get more experience under someone like Clarko. It will be great for his coaching education.

He’s actually progressing very nicely through the ranks on his coaching journey, he coached his own team to a flag in the NT first and then joined Richmond as a development coach in 2016, then progressed to VFL coach in about 2020 for a couple of years then progressed again to senior assistant coach the past two seasons.
He was then part of the interviews for the senior job.

To constantly progress over 6 or 7 years then be sought out by Clarko he must have some genuine potential.

Good luck to him at North.

Excited for both him and the RFC club as he needs to start a new chapter and work with a different group of people and we needed a new lot of assistants like 2016/7. Both the RFC and NMFC win from this as he had nothing new to offer to us, but your club he may have.

100% think it shows both the maturity of him and also Yze
Obviously the fact they have worked together helps but still great to see

Wonder if Yze plans to have him as his 2IC
maybe Yze is setting him up to be GameDay coach from the box while Yze sits on the sidelines patting bums. seems to be all the rage for senior coaches these days

Happy for him to move on and get more experience under someone like Clarko. It will be great for his coaching education.

He’s actually progressing very nicely through the ranks on his coaching journey, he coached his own team to a flag in the NT first and then joined Richmond as a development coach in 2016, then progressed to VFL coach in about 2020 for a couple of years then progressed again to senior assistant coach the past two seasons.
He was then part of the interviews for the senior job.

To constantly progress over 6 or 7 years then be sought out by Clarko he must have some genuine potential.

Good luck to him at North.
Appreciate this reply, cheers.

All the best to your new lot too - seems a mutually beneficial move.

maybe Yze is setting him up to be GameDay coach from the box while Yze sits on the sidelines patting bums. seems to be all the rage for senior coaches these days
My thinking is Yze will install Ratten as bum patter and control the box himself.

Remove this Banner Ad

Assistant coaches 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back