Coach Assistant coaches 2025 - Blake Caracella Rejoins Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

There’s 3 flags in the box atm and they’re all Lamberts..we need more success in the box and a harder attitude to the limp dick playing group

Signing Rivers just smells something shocking

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
we should appoint grigg with lambo and mortis assistants

Can't be that highly rated if he hasn't been able to get a job in the industry since 2020.
Hard to say
Chocco got purged from the league for a few years and was just coaching school footy after we got rid of him

should be going for Grigg and asking the question to Leon Cameron about coming back to Richmond in a GM role

One of the key reasons we appointed dimma was bc he had experienced ultimate success as a player at 2 clubs and as an assistant. It served us well as it helped us appoint someone who drove high standards which ultimately helped create a new culture. I'm a bit wary of moving too far away from that and appointing past players who were at unsuccessful clubs and/or who havent been in the industry and will get a job bc they are mates or played together.

I dont want to be seen to be over reacting, I was very much on the Yze bandwagon from day dot, loved his work as an assistant, just that after a season like we've had, I'm becoming a little wary now

Get Caracella and tie up Morris

Last edited:
The blokes an imbecile. His media jargon is so pre- rehearsed if you have the misfortune to hear him speak about whatever that weeks hot topic is across a couple of networks he trots out the exact same shtick. I knew a girl he was cheating on with back before his brownlow when he was with that Danish bird. She said he's dumb as dog 💩.

Dunno why so many people see media personalities like Chefs, Interior Designers, etc on reality TV and assume they're the best in their field.... reality is they know someone or are just kinda charismatic/ photogenic/ lucky.
Considering the bimbos he has been with he must a dumb campaigner

Would love to support Yze with a senior assistant, someone who's been around and had success or been at succesful clubs.

Adam Simpson fits the bill but I doubt he's joining anyone as an assistant, feel he'd be head coach or nothing if he coached again.

Nigel Lappin has been with the Cats since 2009 and we all know the success they've had in that time, he'd also be a fantastic get, Brendon Bolton is a director of coaching at Collingwood but if he could be enticed for a senior assistant role that would also appeal Brett Ratten from the Hawks would be the same but I doubt they come across.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Richmond Football Club is pleased to confirm that Blake Caracella will return to the Club’s coaching panel in 2025.

Caracella departed Richmond for Essendon following the 2019 premiership and has been a key part of Essendon’s AFL coaching set up for the past five seasons.

The 47-year-old most recently took the reins of the Bombers’ VFL team as senior coach this season.

Caracella, who was also involved in Richmond’s 2017 premiership in his previous three-year stint with the Club, had previously been an assistant coach at Geelong for seven years, including their 2011 triumph.

Prior to that, Caracella spent three seasons as an assistant coach at Collingwood, the same Club he finished his distinguished playing career with, following premierships at Essendon and Brisbane.

Caracella is highly regarded within the AFL industry for his astute ability to read the game and tactical nous.

Richmond General Manager- Football Performance Tim Livingstone said it was exciting to have Caracella back at the Swinburne Centre.

“Blake is a great football person with an excellent track record and sharp football mind,” he said.

“Across his previous four years with us Blake made a huge impact on our group, and he has continued to grow as a coach in his time with Essendon, including coaching his own team.

“We are thrilled to have Blake back at Richmond and look forward to his expertise complimenting Adem and our coaching panel next season.”

Not sure if I'm thrilled about coaches leaving, having a stint, then coming back.

Looking forward to seeing how Caracellas addition to the coaching panel changes things up.

As it stands I believe that our current structure is:

Newman - Midfield Coach
Rutten - Defensive Coach
Lambert - Forwards Coach
Maric - Rucks
Ziebell - Stoppages
Lonergan - Development
Morris - VFL

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Assistant coaches 2025 - Blake Caracella Rejoins Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad