Racing August Daily Punt: Equine birthday party month

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Light Infantry backs up his 2nd to Tenebrism with a 2nd to Inspiral. Golden Eagle looking alright now

Nah reckon he is fraud and price is utter poison now anyway given he has a terrible SP profile

LOI won a G1 over there let’s not forget at big odds and jumped $30 or something in the GE.

You’ll get a better price on the day if you like LI. They have absolutely gapped the imports in it every year

Last edited:
Another legend with gutless connections not willing to go to the Arc

Lol get your hand off it Jug. Horrendous call. Why does he need to go and race in the French slop against beat up stayers in an increasingly overrated swampfest. Just like with Frankel would prove absolutely nothing. He has just bolted in what is the best race in the word every year.

Stunning performance. The best since Frankel and it’s not close.

Last edited:
Lol get your hand off it Jug. Horrendous call. Why does he need to go and race in the French slop against beat up stayers in an increasingly overrated swampfest. Just like with Frankel would prove absolutely nothing. He has just bolted in what is the best race in the word every year.

Stunning performance. The best since Frankel and it’s not close.

Nup typical soft call we get from connections these days. You have the best horse in the world then you take on the best race in the world where you would be an odds on favourite, not avoid because conditions might not be perfect. Agree its just like with Frankel - soft. Also the Arc has been rated the best race in the world 5 of the last 6 years so thats just wrong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nup typical soft call we get from connections these days. You have the best horse in the world then you take on the best race in the world where you would be an odds on favourite, not avoid because conditions might not be perfect. Agree its just like with Frankel - soft. Also the Arc has been rated the best race in the world 5 of the last 6 years so thats just wrong.

Yes I'm sure beating up the Waldgeists and Toraquato Tasso's of the world would really add to his legacy.

Surprised they aren't setting him for the Champion Hurdle for a real challenge or dropping him back for the Champions Sprint - bloody soft connections.

Yes I'm sure beating up the Waldgeists and Toraquato Tasso's of the world would really add to his legacy.

Surprised they aren't setting him for the Champion Hurdle for a real challenge or dropping him back for the Champions Sprint - bloody soft connections.

Winning an Arc would add to his legacy whether you want to admit it or not. If you have the best horse in the world you don't squib the best race in the world

Winning an Arc would add to his legacy whether you want to admit it or not. If you have the best horse in the world you don't squib the best race in the world

Frankel board - its just stupid Aussie thinking to think horses have to compete in races outside the preferred distance range. Winning an Irish Champion would do just as much to his legacy as would winning an Arc against what is looking an all time worst ever Arc field. I mean he has just gone around in a Juddmonte at $1.30 while the Arc fave is going around in a girls only G1 tonight and is $3.20!!! The Irish Champion will be a better race than this years Arc.

Why didn't BC go for Australia's best race the Cox Plate the utter squib

Frankel board - its just stupid Aussie thinking to think horses have to compete in races outside the preferred distance range. Winning an Irish Champion would do just as much to his legacy as would winning an Arc against what is looking an all time worst ever Arc field. I mean he has just gone around in a Juddmonte at $1.30 while the Arc fave is going around in a girls only G1 tonight and is $3.20!!! The Irish Champion will be a better race than this years Arc.

Why didn't BC go for Australia's best race the Cox Plate the utter squib

RUN HIM IN THE ASCOT GOLD CUP YOU PUSSIES

If anyone ever ponders the reasons the trots are considered on the nose - have a look at the replay of Yarra Valley race 1 today..in particular the drive on the 1.35 favorite (firmed in massively also) in a 5 horse field. Very minimal opportunity for any traffic ordinarily but have a look for yourselves (I was on the runner up

If anyone ever ponders the reasons the trots are considered on the nose - have a look at the replay of Yarra Valley race 1 today..in particular the drive on the 1.35 favorite (firmed in massively also) in a 5 horse field. Very minimal opportunity for any traffic ordinarily but have a look for yourselves (I was on the runner up
Just watched it. Yep, rounding the turn on a $1.35 fave in a 5 horse race I'd say the right move would be swing to the outside and sweep straight around them, not cut back to the pegs to sit 3 back and need a miracle. Absolute joke

Just watched it. Yep, rounding the turn on a $1.35 fave in a 5 horse race I'd say the right move would be swing to the outside and sweep straight around them, not cut back to the pegs to sit 3 back and need a miracle. Absolute joke
The drive genuinely needs to be investigated. Had multiple opportunities to go to outside the last lap also.

The drive genuinely needs to be investigated. Had multiple opportunities to go to outside the last lap also.
Not to mention easily had the speed to go to the front straight out of the gate but pulled it up in favour of sitting last!? Which would be ok if you just did the right thing and rounded them all up in the last lap

Disgusting.

Particularly when he had the tag home on the 5 which was second fav if he came wide.

Nice oaks trial Hyacinth. Not sure the quality but love to see that style. I do enjoy this time of year, just about only futures markets worth it is the classics and picking improving horses is an art.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back