Racing August Daily Punt: Equine birthday party month

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The best Hoop in WA imo Shooter Mcgruddy is coming to Caulfield on Saturday to ride Red Can Man in race 6 the time honoured Mccafe 1100 stakes. Opened 8s into 6.5, anyone want to talk me out of loading up on my man? Anyone have a firm opinion on this race and can talk me out of doing my balls on it?

3 starts for 3 close up placings (combined margin of 1.2 lengths) in G3 company last prep doesn't sound too bad form for a stakes race?

A few in here would have expectations of being much better than G3 placed in perf though

The Waller mare looks a proper moral on Saturday.
Also like Tofane, Red Can Man and Shades of Rose

The best Hoop in WA imo Shooter Mcgruddy is coming to Caulfield on Saturday to ride Red Can Man in race 6 the time honoured Mccafe 1100 stakes. Opened 8s into 6.5, anyone want to talk me out of loading up on my man? Anyone have a firm opinion on this race and can talk me out of doing my balls on it?

VIC sprinting is putrid and he is the best weighted horse in the race. Would want the track to firm up though

Ran PB figures last prep. Seemed to underperform under the caretaker trainer previous, both in performance and went to water in the yard. Wolfey over there with him this time. Will go well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All I'm hearing is "load up". And my man Mcgruddy almost never let's me down. Just hope he can bring his magic to Vic

Maybe chop out on the F/2nd exacta as a mental health bet.

All I'm hearing is "load up". And my man Mcgruddy almost never let's me down. Just hope he can bring his magic to Vic
While McGruddy is a great ROI jock in WA I hate the travelling over there. Local jocks are nearly always better in every jurisdiction in world with home ground advantage.

I still think RCM will handle the wet “doesn’t handle soft tracks “ seems an excuse from vic punters from limited sample size. Has shown good ability on 5s/6s in WA incl career best on a low 5 rated track. Sister handled it fine. Whether that Carries for heavy is anyones guess. He’s a genuine tempo horse, heavily underperforms in slack speeds like his sister too.

While McGruddy is a great ROI jock in WA I hate the travelling over there. Local jocks are nearly always better in every jurisdiction in world with home ground advantage.

I still think RCM will handle the wet “doesn’t handle soft tracks “ seems an excuse from vic punters from limited sample size. Has shown good ability on 5s/6s in WA incl career best on a low 5 rated track. Sister handled it fine. Whether that Carries for heavy is anyones guess. He’s a genuine tempo horse, heavily underperforms in slack speeds like his sister too.
They are suggesting Caul will be a soft 5 come race day

Geez a fair few hypies going around at Caulfield tomorrow at gross unders

-Aft Cabin (1400<1200?)
-Star Patrol
-Passive Aggressive
-Illation
-Western Empire

More than happy to let them all go around without me - can always jump on for the rest of the spring if it turns out the hype is real.

-Aft Cabin (1400<1200?)
-Star Patrol
-Passive Aggressive
-Illation
-Western Empire

More than happy to let them all go around without me - can always jump on for the rest of the spring if it turns out the hype is real.
Passive Aggressive has star factor and I'm in love with her - but puzzled how she is so short tomorrow. Has no ratings really and meeting toughest field yet.

Thing is I can just see her getting a really economical run on speed.

-Aft Cabin (1400<1200?)
-Star Patrol
-Passive Aggressive
-Illation
-Western Empire

I’m on 4 of the 5. But fully aware a big balloon could be ready to burst in my face.

Hope for the sake of Australian racing that a few of them can will well though.

I’m on 4 of the 5. But fully aware a big balloon could be ready to burst in my face.

Hope for the sake of Australian racing that a few of them can will well though.

I’m sure most will be. But there prices are utterly rancid. Could end up a complete feast or famine day.

I feel like you use the word cat way too loosely

Hasn’t won for over a year with multiple placings in many races where he looked to have it shot to bits. If that’s not a cat they don’t exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back