Expansion Aussie Rules Footy - Atmosphere at its best

Remove this Banner Ad

I had a ratings box smarty and they couldn't do it on the digital signal .
If you knew anything , you'd know that they take the signal after the STB .
There are many makes of STBs so it's difficult to interact .

You can apologise now .

Sure dweeb. I have a relative with one who watches Digital and it's counted the same as if it were analogue.

Shoot yourself now

Just stating fact. You don't think the game live and uninterrupted on Pay TV, for example, would have an effect on FTA TV audiences for exactly the same program?

I was stating fact too - those were the TV ratings for both games in Perth and Sydney.

Rubbish? Are you seriously denying that the NRL's TV audience is well behind the AFL's so far this year?

The problem is, that you're happy to use oztam metropolitan figures for this argument (I assume you are - since regionals would probably tilt it in NRL's favour) but not for the Perth & Sydney figures.

No , they're absolutely terrible .
If you're going to make comparisons then firstly you'll have to admit that .
The figure of 25k is the best they've ever had up against what ?
Absolutely nothing else on TV at that time on a Sunday afternoon .
And the Swans bouncedown was when ? midday .
Nobody should be watching TV then on such a beautiful day outside .

Again you can't get decent crowds so you have to cling to ratings .

News flash ! Ratings aren't real .
They're an interpolation of a narrow static sample .
They are not randomn , dynamic or proper cross section .
Remember Channel & recorded ratings of 50k for a blank screen !!!
Your best rating is half the viewers of a blank screen .
Or , more viewers wanted to watch a blank screen than the nrl

:D

Dear god. You cannot be serious. The hypocrisy is... too much. I don't think this dignifies any more of a response. :eek:

I was stating fact too - those were the TV ratings for both games in Perth and Sydney.

So what's your point troll? You use one day's worth of dubious figures to somehow prove something?

Then, in a massive example of self ownage, you them come up with this:

The problem is, that you're happy to use oztam metropolitan figures for this argument (I assume you are - since regionals would probably tilt it in NRL's favour) but not for the Perth & Sydney figures.

Use Oztam only when it suits eh?
But provide the regional figures yourself. But like i've said before, the difference in viewers in the oztam figures is so great, the NRL would have to rate it's arse off across every market and the AFL rate virtually zero across every market for NRL to cover the gap.
And you can hardly say they're not a pretty good cross section - they cover over 14 million people. And of the remaining 7 million, between 2.5 and 3 million is AFL heartland where NRL barely rates a blip.

Dear god. You cannot be serious. The hypocrisy is... too much. I don't think this dignifies any more of a response. :eek:

Coming from the dropkick who uses oztam figures, then 2 lines later, derides the use of oztam figures.......

You cannot really believe the crap you're typing right?

Coming from the dropkick who uses oztam figures, then 2 lines later, derides the use of oztam figures.......

Can you read? I was deriding your use of Oztam figures since you only use them when it suits you.

I don't think i'll be able to respond to any of your posts anymore... i'll be too busy laughing to much from the incredible stupidity. Clearly anyone that doesn't agree with you is a 'troll' and i'll be presented with another of your laughable insults. You need to get your head out of your arse. :D

Can you read? I was deriding your use of Oztam figures since you only use them when it suits you.

Gee, sound familiar?

Fcuk me, you use oztam to prove some sort of point, then try and discredit oztam. And then to prove to everyone that you're about as bright as a bit of 2 by 4, you accept that, yet still try and claim the moral high ground.

Using those figures that would mean about half the people in NSW and QLD are in regional areas which i personally find hard to believe. Regional to me is atleast 150km away from Sydney.

Close, 55.5% of the QLD population or 2,271,100 reside in regional areas while 37.1% of the NSW population or 2,454,582

Regional NSW and QLD account for over 22% of the Australian population.
or to put it another way combine the populations of Melbourne, Gold Coast and Canberra and it is very close to the population of regional NSW and QLD

http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/abs@...ummary&prodno=1318.3&issue=Mar 2008&num=&view=

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Remember Channel7 recorded ratings of 50k for a blank screen !!!
Your best rating is half the viewers of a blank screen .
Or , more viewers wanted to watch a blank screen than the nrl "

Yes , it's a sad fact alright .

:eek:

Here's a fact about AFL fans

Link

50,000 watch wrong game

By Richard Clune

October 08, 2006 12:00

FIFTY thousand Australians watched the AFL grand final last weekend and saw Barry Hall play a blinder.

They cheered the Sydney Swans to a second narrow victory over the West Coast Eagles, sealed amazingly by yet another match-saving mark in the last second by Leo Barry. But their parallel universe was exposed when they rang their mates to celebrate, or commiserate, after the game.

It was then they discovered thegrand final they thought they were watching was the 2005 version _ not the 2006 thriller, which West Coast won by a point. The replay was screened by pay-TV channel Fox Footy at the same time the real thing was being shown live on Channel 10.

About 50,000 viewers who tuned in to Fox Footy's coverage were miffed at being duped. Fan Chris Graham, who watched the entire 2005 replay with a "Swans-mad mate'', said he was annoyed with the channel, which has since ceased operations after failing to obtain a new AFL rights agreement.

"What they did was a disgrace,'' Mr Graham said. "They promoted it as the grand-final edition the entire day. They just forgot to add 2006.'' Mr Graham admitted that at one point during the telecast, he questioned whether he was watching a replay of 2005.

"I thought at times that it looked familiar, but I just put that down to the fact the same two teams were playing.''

Another viewer, Andrew Hagger, said he was overseas for last year's grand final and tuned into Fox Footy thinking he was watching this season's decider. "Given that Fox Footy is no more, maybe this was their attempt at a humorous parting gesture? Problem is, I really wasn't amused once I learned I'd been watching the wrong game.''

His confusion was mirrored by a sports editor at a Tasmanian newspaper who confirmed he, too, had been caught out watching the wrong game. "It was a busy day in the office. I had my head down and wasn't really concentrating on the game.

"When I saw West Coast interchange (former ruckman) Michael Gardiner, I realised my mistake and quickly turned over.''

Several callers to post-game radio shows said they had also watched the entire replay, even though they were listening to live radio coverage of the 2006 game. "I just thought it was different because of satellite delay or something,'' one caller said.

A Foxtel spokesman said there had been "no malicious intent to confuse audiences'', despite Fox Footy screening its own live preamble, hosted by Matthew Campbell and Wayne Carey. "It was listed as a replay in our programming guides,'' he told The Sunday Telegraph.

Foxtel football executive Peter Campbell was unapologetic. "We've got to show something. I would have thought Ten made it clear they were the premiership network and it was live and exclusive,'' he said.

Real bright those AFL fans.

FFS ringleader, you shouldn't post things as funny as that, you'll upset the natives. :D

No wonder all the AFL states and esp Vic come last in national IQ tests, I blame it on inbreeding to be honest.

Says the Bogan that comes from Wollongong that makes Frankston look like Brighton... :D:D:p:p:p

Great atmosphere this weekend at Aussie Rules games

Went to the game at the "G" today, over 70,000 :thumbsu:

What a site :thumbsu:

Averaged about 45,000 for all games of AFL this weekend, not bad.

I heard there were 36,000 at the NRL Bulldogs game against, can't think of the other team atm a record I heard :eek:

Also for Melbourne Storm vs Brisbane Broncos, 13,000 I think were there, well done :thumbsu: Good to see they got more than 11,000

What was the NRL average this weekend out of curiosity?

Remove this Banner Ad

Expansion Aussie Rules Footy - Atmosphere at its best

Remove this Banner Ad

Back