Aussies Abroad Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Patrick Yazbek has transferred from Viking FK in Norway to Nashville SC in the MLS.

Mat Ryan played the second half for Roma in a friendly and was the better keeper from reports.

Garang Kuol is with the Newcastle squad for their preseason friendlies.
Is it better for Yazbekbti go to USA than playing in Norway?

Is it better for Yazbekbti go to USA than playing in Norway?

It's a sideways move. There are arguments for both and it comes down to how you rate the leagues. I prefer Norway personally. It's probably not a big deal for the NT because Yazbek isn't in our best squad, though he is handy depth if we have injuries.

Irankunda scored for Bayern in a 1-1 draw. Admittedly the only first team player apparently on the pitch when he came on after an hour was Gnabry. He has apparently started well over there and the Bayern fans think they might have a player on their hands.

Irankunda scored for Bayern in a 1-1 draw. Admittedly the only first team player apparently on the pitch when he came on after an hour was Gnabry. He has apparently started well over there and the Bayern fans think they might have a player on their hands.

It's possible Irankunda stays with the senior team and gets sub minutes this year.

Maybe chill, it was against the equivalent of a VPL side.

These are the interesting transfers confirmed and rumoured so far that I've tracked.

Aussies Abroad Transfers - July/August 2024:

Forwards:
[ ] Sam Silvera loan to Portsmouth - England (2)
[ ] John Iredale to Augsborg - Denmark (1)
[ ] Nestory Irankunda to Bayern Munich - Germany (1)
[ ] Musa Toure to Claremont - France (2)
[ ] Mohamed Toure to Randers - Denmark (1)
[ ] Apostolos Stamatelopolous to Motherwell - Scotland (1)

Midfielders:
[ ] Max Balard to NAC Breda - Netherlands (1)
[ ] Keanu Baccus to Mansfield Town - England (3)
[ ] Tyrese Francois to Wigan Athletic - England (3)
[ ] Alex Robertson to Cardiff - England (2)
[ ] Patrick Yazbek to Nashville US (1)
[ ] Jacob Italiano to Grazer AK - Austria (1)

Defenders:
[ ] Ryan Strain to Dundee United - Scotland (1)
[ ] Jacob Farrell to Portsmouth - England (2)

GKs:
[ ] Paul Izzo to Randers - Denmark (1)
[ ] Mat Ryan to Roma - Italy (1)

Rumours/TBD:
[ ] Harry Souttar to Sheffield United or Stoke City - England (2)
[ ] Ajdin Hrustic to Palermo or Modena - Italy (2)
[ ] Josh Nisbet to Ross County - Scotland (1)
[ ] Nathanial Atkinson to Melbourne Victory - Australia (1)
[ ] Garang Kuol - no rumours

Maybe chill, it was against the equivalent of a VPL side.

Irankunda did well v Tottenham too. Apparently will be training with the senior squad through pre-season and likely staying through the season. Sure it's early days but that's very promising from a 19yo.

These are the interesting transfers confirmed and rumoured so far that I've tracked.

Aussies Abroad Transfers - July/August 2024:

Forwards:
[ ] Sam Silvera loan to Portsmouth - England (2)
[ ] John Iredale to Augsborg - Denmark (1)
[ ] Nestory Irankunda to Bayern Munich - Germany (1)
[ ] Musa Toure to Claremont - France (2)
[ ] Mohamed Toure to Randers - Denmark (1)
[ ] Apostolos Stamatelopolous to Motherwell - Scotland (1)

Midfielders:
[ ] Max Balard to NAC Breda - Netherlands (1)
[ ] Keanu Baccus to Mansfield Town - England (3)
[ ] Tyrese Francois to Wigan Athletic - England (3)
[ ] Alex Robertson to Cardiff - England (2)
[ ] Patrick Yazbek to Nashville US (1)
[ ] Jacob Italiano to Grazer AK - Austria (1)

Defenders:
[ ] Ryan Strain to Dundee United - Scotland (1)
[ ] Jacob Farrell to Portsmouth - England (2)

GKs:
[ ] Paul Izzo to Randers - Denmark (1)
[ ] Mat Ryan to Roma - Italy (1)

Rumours/TBD:
[ ] Harry Souttar to Sheffield United or Stoke City - England (2)
[ ] Ajdin Hrustic to Palermo or Modena - Italy (2)
[ ] Josh Nisbet to Ross County - Scotland (1)
[ ] Nathanial Atkinson to Melbourne Victory - Australia (1)
[ ] Garang Kuol - no rumours
Surely Ajdin Hrustic just sticks to his club in Netherlands, just so he can keep just getting a full season under his belt

Surely Ajdin Hrustic just sticks to his club in Netherlands, just so he can keep just getting a full season under his belt

Hrustic's loan has come to an end and it wasn't extended. He's technically back at Verona but they've frozen him out of training apparently. So he needs to move. Would love that to be back to the Eredivisie which gets the best out of him. But rumours are Palermo and Modena.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hrustic's loan has come to an end and it wasn't extended. He's technically back at Verona but they've frozen him out of training apparently. So he needs to move. Would love that to be back to the Eredivisie which gets the best out of him. But rumours are Palermo and Modena.
I actually didn't know he was loaned out, I thought he was sold to heracles

Why the frozen him out from training?

Hmmmmm ,I don't mind players going to play in Scotland, but the problem is there is only 2 contenders in Celtic and Rangers...
Rather him going to England Championship, but from what iv read there a but concern on his height

The Championship would have been great but I doubt was an option for him. It's probably the 6th best league in the world behind the big 5 so a tough one to crack.

I think the biggest query on the move is that Scotland outside of Rangers and Celtic is a tough hoofball league. Nisbets a short technician. It's an awkward fit.

That said good on him for having a crack. It might not be the best club or league but if you're good enough you make it work. I hope he kills it.

Yengi and M. Toure are both injured atm which is bad for the Socceroos.

Bennie (LF) getting sub minutes for QPR ss a 19yo is massive news. Championships mins at that age is tough to do.

Irankunda got an assist for Bayern in a pre-season game. Won the ball high up the pitch, drove to goal, was fouled (not blown) but recovered his feet, to square it up for an easy goal for a teammate. Getting a lot of praise from Bayern fans.

Souttar captained Sheffield to a win over Wrexham I think in a cup game.

A lot of other action happening but they're the stuff I found most intrresting. .

Remove this Banner Ad

Aussies Abroad Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back