Phil Jaques
Stuart MacGill
Ashley Noffke
Chris Rogers
Luke Ronchi
Cameron White

In: Harwood, Butterworth
Out: McDonald, Hilfenhaus

Not a very strong looking team is it. I would say that the pace attack is the fourth strongest Australia could field.

The batting line up is pretty much set. Jaques and Rogers will open. Hussey, Voges and White will take up the 3, 4 and 5 positions, probuably in that order. Wicket keeper is obvious.

Number 6 will most possibly by Butterworth. However, is Butterworth capable of taking the role of third seamer, which is seems possible that he may have to, with the selected squad have three spinners? Another option, if the selectors have faith in Ronchi's ability with the bat would be to move Ronchi to 6 and play Hopes at number 7 and hope that the tail does not need to bat beyond Noffke.

At his age, Harwood would not be selected if he was not going to play, same goes for MacGill. However the other two bowling spots are problematic. Will they go for two spinners or three pacemen?

With both Dan Cullen and Cullen Bailey been selected it seems probable that they will go down the route of playing two spinners. Of the two, I believe Bailey should be selected. Although, Bailey can be quite expensive he does have wicket taking abilty which is something that can not be taught. However, is selecting two leggies a good idea? Dan Cullen may be selected to provide variety.

Which of Noffke, Hopes will be selected as the final paceman? Discount Bollinger because he is useless.

If I were selector this would be my team

1. Jaques
2. Rogers
3. Hussey
4. Voges (C)
5. White
6. Butterworth
7. Ronchi (Wk)
8. Noffke
9. Bailey
10. Harwood
11. MacGill

What are your thoughts on the make up of the team?

A Squad

Adam Voges (captain)
Cullen Bailey
Doug Bollinger
Luke Butterworth
Dan Cullen
Shane Harwood
James Hopes
David Hussey
Phil Jaques
Stuart MacGill
Ashley Noffke
Chris Rogers
Luke Ronchi
Cameron White

Not a very strong looking team is it. I would say that the pace attack is the fourth strongest Australia could field.

The batting line up is pretty much set. Jaques and Rogers will open. Hussey, Voges and White will take up the 3, 4 and 5 positions, probuably in that order. Wicket keeper is obvious.

Number 6 will most possibly by Butterworth. However, is Butterworth capable of taking the role of third seamer, which is seems possible that he may have to, with the selected squad have three spinners? Another option, if the selectors have faith in Ronchi's ability with the bat would be to move Ronchi to 6 and play Hopes at number 7 and hope that the tail does not need to bat beyond Noffke.

At his age, Harwood would not be selected if he was not going to play, same goes for MacGill. However the other two bowling spots are problematic. Will they go for two spinners or three pacemen?

With both Dan Cullen and Cullen Bailey been selected it seems probable that they will go down the route of playing two spinners. Of the two, I believe Bailey should be selected. Although, Bailey can be quite expensive he does have wicket taking abilty which is something that can not be taught. However, is selecting two leggies a good idea? Dan Cullen may be selected to provide variety.

Which of Noffke, Hopes will be selected as the final paceman? Discount Bollinger because he is useless.

1. Jaques
2. Rogers
3. Hussey
4. Voges (C)
5. White
6. Butterworth
7. Ronchi (Wk)
8. Noffke
9. Bailey
10. Harwood
11. MacGill

you'll probably look back at this squad in 3-4 years and realise this squad was better than you think it really is.

afterall it is only an "A" squad and i dare say taking the spinners that the selectors have a view with the test tour to pakistan looming in march.

also makes sense to take jaques and rogers as one of them if not both should be in the test team by then.

white will be the leading wicket taker and 2nd in runs scored behind hussey and that = White being in the first test of summer

Can not believe North was not selected. He is a gun and deserves to of been in. As for the team Buttsy and Hopes can provide the 3rd and 4th seamer positions allowing room for 2 spinners in Bailey and White. Seems so sillly North wasn't taken he even provided another spinning option for the traditionally 'spin friendly' sub-continent decks.

my team in batting order;

Jacques
Rogers
Hopes
Hussey
Voges
White
Ronchi
Butterworth
Noffke
Harwood
Bailey

:):)

A Squad

Adam Voges (captain)
Cullen Bailey
Doug Bollinger
Luke Butterworth
Dan Cullen
Shane Harwood
James Hopes
David Hussey
Phil Jaques
Stuart MacGill
Ashley Noffke
Chris Rogers
Luke Ronchi
Cameron White

1. Jaques
2. Rogers
3. Hussey
4. Voges (C)
5. White
6. Butterworth
7. Ronchi (Wk)
8. Noffke
9. Bailey
10. Harwood
11. MacGill

Remove this Banner Ad

Australia A: Pakistan Tour

Remove this Banner Ad

Back