Third Test Australia v Pakistan Jan 3-7 1000hrs @ the SCG

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

They are sitting 8th in the ICC Test Rankings.. with only the minnows of all minnows below them.

You wanna talk other other formats they are fresh off not qualiying for the ODI World Cup.. disgraceful
Just beaten England though, I'm going in with no expectations hoping to be surprised.

They are sitting 8th in the ICC Test Rankings.. with only the minnows of all minnows below them.

You wanna talk other other formats they are fresh off not qualiying for the ODI World Cup.. disgraceful

Again, so what? The play and regularly beat every team in test cricket outside of Australia, India and SA. What’s your point? ‘Unless you are in the top 3 sides over a long period you are a minnow.’

Sorry but the ‘because I said so’ argument doesn’t really work.

What exactly is your flex here?
‘A team made up of tiny nations that you like isn’t going especially well at one format of the game and is going REALLY bad at another and you’re fully aware of it you just don’t agree with the factually incorrect statement that they are a minnow in one of those formats.’ 😂

Again, so what? The play and regularly beat every team in test cricket outside of Australia, India and SA. What’s your point? ‘Unless you are in the top 3 sides over a long period you are a minnow.’

Sorry but the ‘because I said so’ argument doesn’t really work.

What exactly is your flex here?
‘A team made up of tiny nations that you like isn’t going especially well at one format of the game and is going REALLY bad at another and you’re fully aware of it you just don’t agree with the factually incorrect statement that they are a minnow in one of those formats.’ 😂
There's no flex just disappointment they've sucked ass for decades, the drop off is so dramatic there should be action taken & more money pumped into West Indies cricket. I'm not laying all the blame on them the ICC is a disgrace.

But hey if you are happy with it..

There's no flex just disappointment they've sucked ass for decades, the drop off is so dramatic there should be action taken & more money pumped into West Indies cricket. I'm not laying all the blame on them the ICC is a disgrace.

But hey if you are happy with it..

Where did I say I was happy with it?

Why would I be?
I’m not. But I don’t expect us to beat those teams regularly - especially when one of them doesn’t even tour our ‘country.’
The one thing we have maintained is that we are generally hard to beat at home even Australia when they HAVE toured have not just rolled through us.

But we go to Bangladesh and we win: other teams aside from India at the moment aren’t.
We usually split the points with the likes of Pakistan, Sri Lanka, New Zealand when they tour, we seem to always have England’s number when they tour and we have taken tests off them the last few times we’ve gone there.

Of course I want us to be better, who doesn’t want their side to be the best. But equally the idea that we have just been getting blasted off the park by all and sundry is a myth as well. Like most teams we don’t win often away, and we are pretty much mired in a group with about 5 other teams. Our problem is at no stage in 20 years have we climbed out of it for a while to provide some respite like the others have, most recently NZ.

Is it likely Khawaja will play next year at home v India?
Seems to me from the squad selection that Renshaw is in selectors eye for that role

Khawaja has 4 Tests to cement his spot for next summer, I believe we only have Windies for 2 Tests at Home and NZ for 2 Tests Away before next summer.

The game is interestingly poised. Can the WI take a couple of early wickets this morning and put the pressure right on the Aussies? Or will the Aussies dig in and build a mammoth total?

The game is interestingly poised. Can the WI take a couple of early wickets this morning and put the pressure right on the Aussies? Or will the Aussies dig in and build a mammoth total?
Not sure we build mammoth totals anymore, 150 in front is probably all we need.
Morning lads, think you've strayed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not that sure.

It’s great bowling, you have to be lucky to miss them. How about we give these changes this series and the NZ series then let’s discuss it. Still better than Bancroft near the team or shudders Harris

Is it likely Khawaja will play next year at home v India?
Seems to me from the squad selection that Renshaw is in selectors eye for that role
I can't see any pressure on him, atm. Selectors have made it clear Renshaw and Bancroft can gagf.

Second innings might be building to be a problem based on Melbourne and Sydney, but IMO an opener who get regular 40s is better than an opener who scores regular 100s and regular 0s for the same average. Especially with an out of sorts #3 and a #4 perhaps batting above his position at the moment, who need protection.

Remove this Banner Ad

Third Test Australia v Pakistan Jan 3-7 1000hrs @ the SCG

Back