Australia v India - pre series discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I get all that but you want your best players in the team.
So you need to move a player to accomodate the next best option. I’m confident we can give up Head’s 32 average at 5.
I’m sure he can adapt to open and average similar which would still be better than Harris/Konstas/Bancroft.

He doesn’t average 32 at 5 in Australia sorry to be blunt we are NOT moving out only in form middle order bat to open.

How wouldn’t Konstas be better? Has two hundreds already this summer. If we are going for a non opener Inglis opens simple

The reason it gets dismissed is because he has what can best be described as a loose technique against new ball bowling and is thus best suited to batting when the ball is older. Warner had the same aggressive traits but a much tighter technique which is why he opened.

Pretty much and let’s be real bar Khawaja and maybe Carey if his form doesn’t revert back to what it was in tests, Head is practically the only one in form. We are already struggling to get runs how about we don’t move one of the only guys in form. Similarly moving Lab is just as brainless people need to realise how hard it is to find a genuine 3, there ain’t many. Smith is cooked, Marsh hasn’t got a run for a while (yes I know he batted well the last test that’s a while ago though).

I am not worried about bowling sides out I’m very concerned on us giving our bowlers enough rest as our batting has been putrid for some time

I get all that but you want your best players in the team.
So you need to move a player to accomodate the next best option. I’m confident we can give up Head’s 32 average at 5.
I’m sure he can adapt to open and average similar which would still be better than Harris/Konstas/Bancroft.
Then you’d more than likely be wrong and it’s really a moot point because it isn’t going to happen

Remove this Banner Ad

Australia v India - pre series discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back