Australian basketball.

Remove this Banner Ad

View attachment 2038652

According to dwayne casey.

Im taking goulding, Double D Dyson Daniels, Ingles, and nick kay has proven me wrong before so him

For me White and DJ are gone.

Then one of Delly or Daniels. DD has been terrible but that one might come down to the other warm up games.

Then one of Kay or Cooks. I'd get rid of Cooks given overall lack of shooting already.

Last spot is hardest as you need to drop one of Mcveigh, Goulding, Magnay or Ingles. Or if you trust Reath at 4 with small ball as your alternatives could get rid of both Kay and Cooks. I would have dropped Ingles but has looked the most likely playmaker.

Giddey/Daniels
Mills/Exum/Goulding
Green/Ingles/McVeigh
Thybulle/Cooks
Landale/Reath

For me. Magnay/Cooks could go either way but want to see Cooks at the 4 rather than 5.

I wouldn't have Cooks as a lock, and controversially, I wouldn't have Mills either.
Mills will be but shouldn't be. Cant really be upset about that given what he has done previously but realistically he should be in the Goulding role these days.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For me White and DJ are gone.

Then one of Delly or Daniels. DD has been terrible but that one might come down to the other warm up games.

Then one of Kay or Cooks. I'd get rid of Cooks given overall lack of shooting already.

Last spot is hardest as you need to drop one of Mcveigh, Goulding, Magnay or Ingles. Or if you trust Reath at 4 with small ball as your alternatives could get rid of both Kay and Cooks. I would have dropped Ingles but has looked the most likely playmaker.
Daniels goes to Paris for me, show enough tonight that he goes, Delly misses out

The NBL guys who have played big, regular minutes all year, looked mostly better than guys that sat a lot in the NBA.
Some hesitation in the NBA back ups, even Exum looked a bit gun shy.

No hesitation from Goulding, McVeigh and co.

Your 12 will be close to what they will take

Mills has been average in these 2 warm games, has shot bricks
Yeah. I listed McVeigh at 3 instead of 4 because he probably only plays when 2 of Mils/Exum/Green/Thybulle are on the court. Reality is he's the 4 of that lot but Thybulle starts at 4 but would be 3 if McVeigh is on the floor

I think I have to go with the following.

Giddey, Green, Landale, Exum, Thybulle and Reath are locks.

Mills, 'cos you have to.

leaves 5.

Kay is the only natural PF, and McVeigh for the first sub in shooter.

Leaves 3

1720094337992.png

I'm going Ingles despite my memory of his 3 point shooting, he's the glue guy.
Goulding at no.11 is 'we need instant office at the end of a quarter
Magnay, you have to have a big body for 3-4 minutes a half for the likes of the Germans or early foul trouble.

Delly misses, in lieu of Ingles.
Daniels misses, too much of the same with Green and Thybulle.
Cooks, Kay a better rebounder and outside shot, Cooks' around the basket game stunted against the bigger FIBA bodies.

DJ and White not a serious chance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back