Australian Idol 2005 - Official thread

Remove this Banner Ad

king_Brown said:
Australian Idol is as much a talent find as it is a popularity contest. The person with teh best voice never wins ( take casey donovan for instance) the fans choose who they want to win regardless of who is the best singer. Leah Harding will win this years australian Idol because he has the niggest fan base simple as that all he can sing good is punk and honestly i've heard better bands at pubs sing better than him.

If he wins....there is no justice. Bloody Millsy the second

I hope Lee wins. All the rest are boring, sure they can all sing but what else have they got? They'll win have a huge number 1 hit, their first album will do really good, and then they'll get boring. Look at Cosima and Paulini, they could sing, imo they could sing better than Shannon but look at them now. Lee has the staying power to be around for a long time. He's got the whole package.

JoHnO_Is_SeXy said:
I hope Lee wins. All the rest are boring, sure they can all sing but what else have they got? They'll win have a huge number 1 hit, their first album will do really good, and then they'll get boring. Look at Cosima and Paulini, they could sing, imo they could sing better than Shannon but look at them now. Lee has the staying power to be around for a long time. He's got the whole package.

Let me guess. You're a female teenybopper?

My quick review of tonight's show:

Lee - Predictable and boring, didn't like it. Too easy, not challenging at all which is probably a good thing given he can't sing. My goodness, I can't believe he might win because of the tennybopper vote.

Kate - Had obvious problems with the voice tonight, but I'd like to see what she could do with that song if she was 100%. Still did pretty well, even though she wasn't herself. Ironically, Kate with a cold is still three times better than Lee.

Emily - Good song choice, had the feel of the touchdown as soon as the song gained some momentum. Kind of worried Mark is pumping this girl up too much with all the touchdowns and what not (3 touchdowns already). Good performance tonight.

Daniel - As bad as Lee. I know he was meant to be singing with "attitude" but it looked as though he was just going through the motions - cold as ice is right. Didn't work for me, should go this week if it isn't Lee.

Dan - Pretty good - I don't think it deserved a touchdown, however. If that's a touchdown, we had better go back and retrospectively give another 5 touchdowns throughout this years competitions because this performance wasn't brilliant. Good enough to avoid elimination I feel.

Emily and Lee should both be safe (for very different reasons mind you). Daniel was plain bad and should have gone 6 weeks ago, so he'll be bottom 3 surely. Kate will be bottom 3 just because of her vocal issues tonight I'd think, whilst Dan slips in by default.

Bottom 3 - Daniel, Kate and Dan.

Gone - Daniel. :thumbsu:

JoHnO_Is_SeXy said:

F@#$ off Lee!

Lee is enjoying every second of his fifteen minutes of fame.

But that's it.

luke2177 said:
My quick review of tonight's show:

Lee - Predictable and boring, didn't like it. Too easy, not challenging at all which is probably a good thing given he can't sing. My goodness, I can't believe he might win because of the tennybopper vote.

Kate - Had obvious problems with the voice tonight, but I'd like to see what she could do with that song if she was 100%. Still did pretty well, even though she wasn't herself. Ironically, Kate with a cold is still three times better than Lee.

Emily - Good song choice, had the feel of the touchdown as soon as the song gained some momentum. Kind of worried Mark is pumping this girl up too much with all the touchdowns and what not (3 touchdowns already). Good performance tonight.

Daniel - As bad as Lee. I know he was meant to be singing with "attitude" but it looked as though he was just going through the motions - cold as ice is right. Didn't work for me, should go this week if it isn't Lee.

Dan - Pretty good - I don't think it deserved a touchdown, however. If that's a touchdown, we had better go back and retrospectively give another 5 touchdowns throughout this years competitions because this performance wasn't brilliant. Good enough to avoid elimination I feel.

Emily and Lee should both be safe (for very different reasons mind you). Daniel was plain bad and should have gone 6 weeks ago, so he'll be bottom 3 surely. Kate will be bottom 3 just because of her vocal issues tonight I'd think, whilst Dan slips in by default.

Bottom 3 - Daniel, Kate and Dan.

Gone - Daniel. :thumbsu:

I have to disagree with the assessment of the Dan's. Okay I'm a little biased, but I got Daniel's Cold As Ice. To me it was about the only time he'd ever sung with real emotion, I got the cold attitude.

But as for Dan E...grrr...we've had Mark Holden give people grief about not "feeling" the song or being emotionally attached enough and then he gives the most detached performance of Desperado ever a touchdown?! Dan sang that nicely but without anything else. There was no grit or spirit

Something must be wrong with me because I enjoy Lee's performances every week and I am not a female teenybopper.

He adds something different to what is always a predictable series. I understand he is not punk, he is not a top flight singer but he is a showman and I enjoy his performance for what it is.

I couldnt believe Dan got a touchdown, I thought it was horrible. I am suprised he gets away with alot of his performances. People say Lee makes easy song choices, Dan is the king of it, he will not make it as an artist, he only has one aspect to his performances. His personality to me seems fake, I hate his smile!!!!!! so cheesy!

To be honest I really dont like anyone left, Emily, great singer but her constant tears is getting to the point of enough is enough. Daniel...boring, adds nothing. Kate, just another female singer.

RooBunny said:
I have to disagree with the assessment of the Dan's. Okay I'm a little biased, but I got Daniel's Cold As Ice. To me it was about the only time he'd ever sung with real emotion, I got the cold attitude.

But as for Dan E...grrr...we've had Mark Holden give people grief about not "feeling" the song or being emotionally attached enough and then he gives the most detached performance of Desperado ever a touchdown?! Dan sang that nicely but without anything else. There was no grit or spirit
I'm with you Roobunny - i thought Spillane was pretty good last night (my expectations are lower with him mind you). It was good to see him sing without his goofy smile throughout it.

Kate was pretty good, but seemed to lose her attitude after she stuffed up the words.

Lee was Lee, but one of his worser efforts. Dan was ok, dunno about touchdown worthy, but hopefully he survives another week. Emily's such an awesome singer, possibly the best voice in 3 seasons - would go close at least.

I gotta agree I thought Spillane was ok, I got his whole attitude thing he was trying to pull off.

I get annoyed with Holden his comments are always hypocritical. His has a go at Spillane for moping across the stage, but then pats Lee on the back for doing the same thing.

RooBunny said:

Agree wholeheartedly with you there Courts (how are you BTW?). Ruined one of my very favourite songs. This, in addition to the butchering he gave Unchained Melody a few weeks ago, is not on. :mad:

I'm a big Eagles fan and Desperado is probably my favourite song of theirs. I am usually pretty critical when somebody sings one of my favourite songs. However I thought that Dan was really good last night. I think he deserved the touchdown. I really hope Daniel Spillane goes tonight. He should have gone weeks ago.

Agreed. Dan isn't the best at conveying that emotion in a song, but he did it well last night and he sang pretty nicely too; very measured and controlled.

As for tonight's results show, very pleased to see Daniel has finally left us, thank goodness (though Lee going was preferable). His stilted performances and voice that goes nowhere can now be a distant memory. I'll never forget his slaughtering of 'If I Could' a few weeks back, simply unforgiveable. He actually made Millsy's version sound decent- not an easy task.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ant said:
Agreed. Dan isn't the best at conveying that emotion in a song, but he did it well last night and he sang pretty nicely too; very measured and controlled.

As for tonight's results show, very pleased to see Daniel has finally left us, thank goodness (though Lee going was preferable). His stilted performances and voice that goes nowhere can now be a distant memory. I'll never forget his slaughtering of 'If I Could' a few weeks back, simply unforgiveable. He actually made Millsy's version sound decent- not an easy task.

It's surprising how many singers are singing songs that previous contestants have sung. Last night Kate sang Lady Marmalade, which Lauren from the first series sang on the week she got eliminated. Very risky if song choice had anything to do with it.

But glad to see Daniel Spillane go but I have to admit when it was between Daniel and Lee with only .2% I was hoping like hell Lee would go. Oh well at least we, and he, knows that he's not invincible now.

Raskolnikov said:
It's surprising how many singers are singing songs that previous contestants have sung. Last night Kate sang Lady Marmalade, which Lauren from the first series sang on the week she got eliminated. Very risky if song choice had anything to do with it.

But glad to see Daniel Spillane go but I have to admit when it was between Daniel and Lee with only .2% I was hoping like hell Lee would go.

Oh well, of course, you'd have to be 12 and female not to have been thinking that.

And interesting you mention the repetition in the songs, as I think Emily has sung about 4 of tunes Cosima sang in season 1. Probably a bit of overkill there.

This week they get to slaughter ELVIS.

What are the odds that Emily sings 'In the Ghetto?'

And Lee 'Jailhouse Rock?'

Raskolnikov said:
I'm a big Eagles fan and Desperado is probably my favourite song of theirs. I am usually pretty critical when somebody sings one of my favourite songs. However I thought that Dan was really good last night. I think he deserved the touchdown.
Same here.

Desperado is an absolute classic and very view singers could handle it. Dan did it with maturity, class and poise............ and finished it off with real power. He even got dressed up a little for the performance and looked good.

What he needs to do before the contest is all over is put on a great suit and he will look like a million bucks. By showing off a full spectrum of looks and appealing to audiences of all ages it will help differentiate himself from the punkster Lee who is great as well.

Dan is the man to win Idol. :thumbsu:

Jumpin' Jimmy said:
Same here.

Desperado is an absolute classic and very view singers could handle it. Dan did it with maturity, class and poise............ and finished it off with real power. He even got dressed up a little for the performance and looked good.

What he needs to do before the contest is all over is put on a great suit and he will look like a million bucks. By showing off a full spectrum of looks and appealing to audiences of all ages it will help differentiate himself from the punkster Lee who is great as well.

Dan is the man to win Idol. :thumbsu:

Havent we already had an 'Idol' that was smelly, dreadlocked and monosyballic?

Go Kate.

UNIT said:
Havent we already had an 'Idol' that was smelly, dreadlocked and monosyballic?

Go Kate.

The monosyllable Dan E is preferable to the no-syllable Emily.

When is she going to actually say something in response to the judges or after a performance.

I can guarantee that if she wins this thing her media performances will be hilarious. Even more hilarious will be the labels of "racist" tagged on those people who criticise her lack of personality or intelligence.

Still - she can always do a guest duo with the boys from Random.

Regards

S. Pete

BomberAUS said:
Let me guess. You're ageist, sexist or both?

Lee is the only one that could win and do something here.

I suppose Lee could be marketable if he did his own thing.

Don't forget the winner of Idol has to release some pre-written sappy melodic pop album which probably wouldn't suit him. If he can survive the first album, he might be able to do something a bit more creative with the next one.

Stumpy Pete said:
The monosyllable Dan E is preferable to the no-syllable Emily.

When is she going to actually say something in response to the judges or after a performance.

I can guarantee that if she wins this thing her media performances will be hilarious. Even more hilarious will be the labels of "racist" tagged on those people who criticise her lack of personality or intelligence.

Still - she can always do a guest duo with the boys from Random.

Regards

S. Pete

random? yet another successful musical group :confused:

I didn't watch the verdict show, but I get the impression that Lee was in the bottom three. Who else was in there? Please tell me it was Kate.

Daniel had to go, though. His wave had to crash some time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Australian Idol 2005 - Official thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back