Australian Idol 2005 - Official thread

Remove this Banner Ad

NICK THE PIE MAN said:
Aghhh!!!

The good news is Kate. The support is coming from somewhere. And I reckon the Dan supporters will jump on either Kate or Emily's bandwagon.

Go Kate!

Yep totally agree. It's been Kate or Dan for me since the final 12 started. My stomach churns thinking that Lee or Emily could be the Australian Idol. I don't like Kyle very much but what he said tonight was so true, "Trust the public to stuff it up".

Mark my words. Dan will be more successful than any of the remaining three.

Go Kate! I will vomit if Emily or Lee is the Australian Idol.

What can I say the Australian Idol voting public is royally ********ed. Dan was awesome. He's dominate anyway with or without winning. This show is a talent contest its a popularity contest. Whooo lets see who can be most popular amongst teeny boppers. Whooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

Take mobiles of 13 year olds I say. I just cant understand why they like Lee.
And whats with the judges crapping on about not caring if old ppl dont like Lee, young people do.
Im 20 and I dont like Lee......... Lee sucks!

GO EMILY

Don't care who wins now. Dan was the only one that interested me and he'll probably go on and be successfully, albeit on a commercial level.

Kate's fans should smile every time Sandilands bags her out.

Because it seems to have galvanised support for her.

Well, that's my theory anyway...

Dan was the best by far.

Still for Lee, you cant forget the voting power of all the little girlies. I wonder how many of Dans will jump onto Lee's and if Lee will be in the bottom 2 next week.

Hopless singer and bloody queer.

Juddyzthebest said:
What can I say the Australian Idol voting public is royally ********ed. Dan was awesome. He's dominate anyway with or without winning. This show is a talent contest its a popularity contest. Whooo lets see who can be most popular amongst teeny boppers. Whooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

Take mobiles of 13 year olds I say. I just cant understand why they like Lee.
And whats with the judges crapping on about not caring if old ppl dont like Lee, young people do.
Im 20 and I dont like Lee......... Lee sucks!

GO EMILY

Accept that the music industry has changed and finally, punk will start to dominate the charts.

Dan E is the most overrated singer on the show and his voice sounds like hes killing a rat.

If Lee wins he will sell CDs simple as that.

Juddyz Lee doesnt suck he just sings a genre you are unfamilliar with.

goalpie said:
Dan was the best by far.

Still for Lee, you cant forget the voting power of all the little girlies. I wonder how many of Dans will jump onto Lee's and if Lee will be in the bottom 2 next week.

Hopless singer and bloody queer.

Dan tended to sing the older classics(Unchained Melody, Desperado etc) which would have appealed to the older generation while alienating the younger generation. This could have been a reason for his early exit. The contestant most of this older generation would tend to lean to now that Dan is gone would be Kate I would think. I think she is the one who will most benefit from Dan's departure. That's what I'm hoping anyway.

jrussell said:
Accept that the music industry has changed and finally, punk will start to dominate the charts.

Dan E is the most overrated singer on the show and his voice sounds like hes killing a rat.

Lee is not punk. He is a wannabe punk. Which punk song has he sang on the show? For God's sake he had a brilliant opportunity to sing a punk song when they had the 70s show but he chose to go with My Sharona. Similarly in the 80s he went for Eye of the Tiger on fast forward. Lee is not punk.

jrussell said:

Lee will sell CDs for his first album...then he will be forgotten about when all the 12 year old girls grow up and forget about him and the next generation of 12 years old will fall in love with the next reject from Australian Idol.

Lee is simply an entertainer and tries to make up for his obvious lack of singing talent by making the songs fast paced and high energy. At the end of the day this is a singing competition and Dan E >>>>>> Lee.

Also the genre that Lee sings, is not something most are unfamilar with but rather a cheesy version of punk which most of just tend to ignore.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jumpin' Jimmy said:
Translated that means he is modestly confident, sincere and not up himself like some others who have fallen by the wayside.

Obviously many people disagree with your opinion and that is why Dan remains a good chance of winning.

Ahh yes...you're right on track with that quote!

Lee could have done Close to Me by the cure for 80's night.

70's night... my god he could have chosen any one of a hundred great punk songs.

Even on his own choice night he took GReenDay, he could have gained a tiny bit of credibility had he chosen something of theirs from when they were actually punk.

rick James said:
Lee could have done Close to Me by the cure for 80's night.

70's night... my god he could have chosen any one of a hundred great punk songs.

Even on his own choice night he took GReenDay, he could have gained a tiny bit of credibility had he chosen something of theirs from when they were actually punk.

He probably wasnt into them back in the Dookie/Insomniac era. Im guessing Lee harding, the cxxx, just hitches a ride to whichever commercial musical bandwagon is going past him. If he had of auditioned for Idol a few years back he would of been the 'Nu-Metal' dude wearing a red baseball cap, cargo pants and old school Adidas.. A few years before that he would of been the 'grunge' dude in a brand new flanno, cut off khaki shorts and Doc Martens. Now he is the Good Charlotte/Simple Plan 'Punk' dude with the ridiclous hair, piercings and wrist adornments.

In some ways though who do you expect to win Idol? Someone with talent and integrity? Should we be so suprised that the competition fave is some soulless bloke without any personality of his own? Who better for the pony tailed, coke snorting record execs to exploit than some bloke who is basically bending over and being a willing partner in the whole sordid process?

How could this happen to meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Sorry just had to get it out of my system.

Do the get another chance to sing their favourite songs? If so - what will Lee sing?

Greenday, Blink182, Simple Plan, Good Charlotte - perhaps a medly?

Regards

S. Pete

My 2 Cents:

I can't stand it how people say how that Lee bloke is "Original" - All they do is speed the band up and they say it could sell. The only true original voice was sent packing on Monday, whilst this Lee bloke may win but his style is at the arse end of a musical fad.

sad and dated.

Stumpy Pete said:
X Box,

Try "Blue Suede Shoes".

As for Ricky Lee - she was pretty poor. Better than Casey Donovan, but still pretty poor.

Regards

S. Pete
Cheers.

How exactly was Ricki Lee poor? What didn't you like about her? If you thought she was poor then, obviously you think she is poor now.

Ricki Lee was pure bubblegum pop rubbish. The songs she has released since idol confirm this. She reached her heights in idol and the judges raved. Her leaving the show was a bit of a shock at that time - but IMO was good example of how idol should work - she was one of the worst performers on Beatles night last year (not as bad as Mumbles Donovan though) and deserved to be in the bottom three.

Of coursse - music is a thing of taste - I am not going to bag you because you like her.

Regards

S. Pete

Just my thoughts..

Thought it would be Lee's turn to go without question on Monday night - disapointing for Dan E to leave as it would have been a quality final three if Lee hadn't been there...

So we're left with Emily, Kate and Lee... surely Lee must go this week... I do not want to see Lee in the final 2 at the Opera House!

I've been voting for Kate recently and I've been wanting her to win since Anne left. I read today Kate will be singing "Like a Prayer" (by Madonna) and "Heaven" (Brayn Adams) this Sunday. I believe the show is a "No #1 Hits" theme. Will be interesting to learn what the others are singing..

Remove this Banner Ad

Australian Idol 2005 - Official thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back