Australian Idol 2005 - Official thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Actually S.Pete, Casey had worse responses and won the thing! I reckon Emily might be a bit of a put on but she'll do fine when in a proper interview.

Yep, obvious to see Daniel Spillane leave, he was a star at the semi's etc but in the top 13 just couldn't rank.

Kate did heaps good with Moulin Rouge IMO, but ruined it with the stuff up. I can't believe she had a sore throat and did that performance! I think she would've got a touch down without the stumble.

About Emily getting an excessive amount of touchdowns, I know what you mean, but she does deserve them....she gets the crowd going and hits those high notes everytime.

Very surprising to see Lee that close to leaving! He kinda seems up himself at times and a fake infront of the camera. Is that why you guys compare him to Millsy?

Dan England..how bloody annoying. His singing gets boring, he has no confidence about himself..always crossing his arms and has the stupidest grin. He was waiting so long for that touchdown and thinks he deserves to win. He never says what he thinks and sucks on stage!

It's really close now and it will really depend on next weeks performances of who will go. Basing it from Kate's stuff up - the only major one I've seen this year, she could go!

You all know I don't think much of Kate, but this is going to sound strange. Although I was watching Sunday night's show over dinner on a fishing trip (people chatting = loud noise), I thought what I could hear of Kate was great. Perhaps her best performance yet, which is strange because everyone here and the judges blamed it on her cold.

For mine, Kate's talent is weird. Very weird. She has to be eliminated next.

choc_a_holic said:
Dan England..how bloody annoying. His singing gets boring, he has no confidence about himself..always crossing his arms and has the stupidest grin. He was waiting so long for that touchdown and thinks he deserves to win. He never says what he thinks and sucks on stage!
Translated that means he is modestly confident, sincere and not up himself like some others who have fallen by the wayside.

Obviously many people disagree with your opinion and that is why Dan remains a good chance of winning.

Just saw an ad for Inside Idol and they were talking about a voting mishap or something.

anyone know what the deal with that is? I havent heard a thing, Im assuming they are just running with this story and blowing it up for rating purposes.

Blue Red and Gold said:
Just saw an ad for Inside Idol and they were talking about a voting mishap or something.

anyone know what the deal with that is? I havent heard a thing, Im assuming they are just running with this story and blowing it up for rating purposes.
There are always going to be inconsistencies with the counting of votes when it is done manually. For this reason, I think there should be 100 voters each week - at least 50% of them being experts, and 50% being celebrity singers. Or something similar anyway. The public should not vote, because one person can vote one thousand times. This doesn't mean they are representing 1000 voters, but representing only themself multiplied by 1000.

That's just my opinion, but it will get rid of all the inconsistencies.

shetski said:
So If Lee wins this year is he going to have to sing a pathetic ballad like the other winners!?

Thats no problem, the arrangement will just be a direct lift from one of those stupid 'Simple Plan' ballads. And so what if Lee's little attempt to sing 'slow' the other week blew up in his face. Once he is in the studio it wont matter if he can sing or not.

X_box_X said:
There are always going to be inconsistencies with the counting of votes when it is done manually. For this reason, I think there should be 100 voters each week - at least 50% of them being experts, and 50% being celebrity singers. Or something similar anyway. The public should not vote, because one person can vote one thousand times. This doesn't mean they are representing 1000 voters, but representing only themself multiplied by 1000.

That's just my opinion, but it will get rid of all the inconsistencies.
Never going to happen.

If they did what you are suggesting then Ch10 loses ********loads of dollars they collect when people vote. What does each vote cost 55 cents?????? :confused:

Its the way these Rality TV shows like Big Brother and Idol get ********loads of money. Take that away and their budget goes down considerably.

Its another ploy to get money out of easy to manipulate teenagers ;)

Blue Red and Gold said:

Apparantly a whole lot of people who tried to vote via SMS got a message saying that their SMS couldn't be delivered, big whooping deal happens all the time, hell I couldn't even enter the ring tone/grand final comp on here cos Virgin wouldn't send the msg.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty average last night.

Nobody really stood out.

Lee was s#@$house again.

And was praised for being s@#$house again.

I must watch a different 'performer' than the three stooges.

On another note, I wish someone would push Lee's mum down the stairs.

His girlfriend too.

Magpiespower said:
Pretty average last night.

Nobody really stood out.

Lee was s#@$house again.

And was praised for being s@#$house again.

I must watch a different 'performer' than the three stooges.

On another note, I wish someone would push Lee's mum down the stairs.

His girlfriend too.

Noone really stood out but I think everybody was solid except Emily's second song. That was crap and I hope she goes tonight so that Mark Holden can stop self-ejaculating on national television.

Listening to the radio this morning and Kyle 'I have know idea who sang Bohemian Rhapsody' Sandilands is calling for Kate to given the boot tonight. Strange given how he almost praised the girl last night for her performance of that 'Impossible Dream' song.

Its patently obvious Kyle has something against Kate that has nothing to do with how well she can sing. Its patently obvious its because he likes skanky looking Leb chicks and as Kate doesnt fit that criteria he wants her out.
Its like some sleazebag boss hiring some big breasted, but thick as five housebricks chick to be his secretary, whilst ignoring the other girl who can type 100 words a minute and make a sick arse cup of coffee. Sandilands penis led vendetta against Kate is that painfully transparent its embarassing.

UNIT said:
Listening to the radio this morning and Kyle 'I have know idea who sang Bohemian Rhapsody' Sandilands is calling for Kate to given the boot tonight. Strange given how he almost praised the girl last night for her performance of that 'Impossible Dream' song.

Its patently obvious Kyle has something against Kate that has nothing to do with how well she can sing. Its patently obvious its because he likes skanky looking Leb chicks and as Kate doesnt fit that criteria he wants her out.
Its like some sleazebag boss hiring some big breasted, but thick as five housebricks chick to be his secretary, whilst ignoring the other girl who can type 100 words a minute and make a sick arse cup of coffee. Sandilands penis led vendetta against Kate is that painfully transparent its embarassing.

Wonderfully said.

My God I can't stand Sandilands. Has the music credibility of Shazza down at the local pub.

The contestants should not even bother paying any slight attention to the crap that comes from his mouth.

The continuous vendetta he has against Kate is disgraceful.

Go Kate.

Jumpin' Jimmy said:
What songs did Lee and Dan do last night?

Lee sung Teddy bear and Jailhouse Rock, while Dan sung Nothin' like a hound dog, but that's all I remember, unfortunately.

I can't believe I am going to say this for a second consecutive week, but I think Kate should stay another week. I think Lee should go this week. The fact that he won't be as pleasant to listen to on the radio as he will be to watch performing on stage means he has to go.

To be honest, the only Idol I want to win is Emily. She is probably the second best I have seen on Idol (behind Ricki-Lee). You cannot deny her singing talent, even if you aren't a fan of her personality.

How about Kyle's comment after Emily's first performance of Blue Sway Shoes, "(The Journalists can) eat their own words and suck on their own vomit." What the? That one was totally out of left field. It would have been more effective to use "choke on their own vomit", but not to worry. Whatever rocks Kyle's boat, I suppose.

Kyle's biggest problem is he thinks the show is about him.

He's even worse than Dicko and there is no way he will be involved in Idol 2006..... if there is one.

Richmondfan#1 said:
That is majoooooooooooorly ********ED.

Dan was the man.

He's been screwed over.

Totally agree with you.
Its just ridiculous that Lee is still there, he simply cannot sing.
It'd be a disgrace now if Emily doesn't win but I really hope Dan becomes more successful then the others because I reckon he is the most talented.

Aghhh!!!

27 votes?!

We were so close to get ridding of that Lee tosser. He doesn't look so goddam smug when he is in the bottom two for two weeks in a row.

The good news is Kate. The support is coming from somewhere. And I reckon the Dan supporters will jump on either Kate or Emily's bandwagon.

Go Kate!

Remove this Banner Ad

Australian Idol 2005 - Official thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back