Australian Idol

Remove this Banner Ad

Ted Pellitts said:
not a single post about tonights show!

casey was garbage - she cannot sing. she has a poor attitude, she has no style or class, she is petulant, she is just not a human. she should be disenfranchised of humanhood.
anthony dominated.

gotta agree - when she hits those low notes my tone deaf ears tell me she is very flat and totally non-feminine.

she has been setting low standards and failing to achieve them for some weeks.

methinks the voting system is flawed and the reblious teenagers struggling to grow their pubic hairs will try have a go at keeping her in the comp by voting for her.

Lets hope their are more teeny boppers voting for Anthony.

Courtney shoud get in by pure talent - reminds me so much of Ricky May.

Anthony-First song was very ordinary with standard warbling.
I knew what he was going to do with Bridge over troubled water and he sucked them in beautifully changing a melodic , beautiful song into a soaring warble while holding a few notes so he could make the song suit his over-dominant lower range vocals. He sucked them in beautifully.

Courtney-His rendition of somebody to love was great but the fist pump afterwards was unneccesary.
His second song was OK but the song itself was too bland to really do anything with and he just seemed to cruise through it.

Casey-Her voice didn't sound it's usual brilliant self tonight (Marcia mentined she was ill) but she was able to do a great version of You're so vain portraying great emotion and vocal control .
Her second song was much like Courtney's where it was too bland and she cruised through it aswell .

Casey(despite being the outstanding talent over this series) will go this week due to not having the large fanbase of the other 2 and it will be a Courtney - Anthony final.

I think Courtney is sooooooooooooooo overated. If it wasn't for the weakness of this year's group and his 'different' look I don't think that he would still be around.

Despite what most posters here have said I think Casey's appearance is actually a plus for her as she is different to the norm. There is no shortage of size 6 and 8 girls wanting to be break in to the music industry. I'm hoping for an Anthony / Casey final.

IMO, Anthony's version of Bridge Over Troubled Water was no where near as good as Clay Aiken's version from the 2nd series of American Idol.

I think part of it is that I can understand the words when Clay sings it, but through all of Anthony's nasal yet throaty sounds, I swear I heard him say something about fake tanning.

And I'm NOT a Clay fan by any means.

Anthony should have been panned for his version of BOTW. It was terrible. No idea how Casey scored a touchdown for her first song either. Very ordinary.

whoever wins, rest assured, if any of the following artists came from the clouds, they would sell more records:

natalie imbruglia
vanessa amorosi
holly valance
paul lekakis
S2S
the guy from savage garden that wasn't darren hayes
dannii minogue
peter andre
mr blobby
pseudo echo
heck, bardot
scandal'us
scott caine

all of em!

Agree with most here that Anthony's Bridge Over Troubled Water was absolutely terrible. What a disgrace for the judges to rate it as being good. I assume that they must never have heard the original.

hoss said:
Agree with most here that Anthony's Bridge Over Troubled Water was absolutely terrible. What a disgrace for the judges to rate it as being good. I assume that they must never have heard the original.

I only switched over to hear this song.I wa sitting there saying,he's flat.He should be voted out on that alone, it was woefulA one dimentional performer, who won't earn the record label a lot of money.I record in it if they are lcuky.

He will probably win,because of his looks, as its only teenage girls who seem to vote in this thing.

I remember last year it was school formal night and all the girls were furious when Guy won.

bucksisbest said:
Anthony-First song was very ordinary with standard warbling.
I knew what he was going to do with Bridge over troubled water and he sucked them in beautifully changing a melodic , beautiful song into a soaring warble while holding a few notes so he could make the song suit his over-dominant lower range vocals. He sucked them in beautifully.

Courtney-His rendition of somebody to love was great but the fist pump afterwards was unneccesary.
His second song was OK but the song itself was too bland to really do anything with and he just seemed to cruise through it.

Casey-Her voice didn't sound it's usual brilliant self tonight (Marcia mentined she was ill) but she was able to do a great version of You're so vain portraying great emotion and vocal control .
Her second song was much like Courtney's where it was too bland and she cruised through it aswell .

Casey(despite being the outstanding talent over this series) will go this week due to not having the large fanbase of the other 2 and it will be a Courtney - Anthony final.

Fully agree with your comments about Anthony. Bridge Over Troubled Water was agony from start to finish. He seems to challenge himself every week to see how many unnecessary extra notes he can add to a song while mumbling his way through. Painful... :mad:

hawkeye23 said:
Fully agree with your comments about Anthony. Bridge Over Troubled Water was agony from start to finish. He seems to challenge himself every week to see how many unnecessary extra notes he can add to a song while mumbling his way through. Painful... :mad:

Dicko's response to that hideous rendition? "That was bloody marvellous". That was the moment I realised that the judges clearly want Anthony to win the competition. Because surely, surely at least Dicko, should have savaged him for over singing, something he's criticised performers for previously. They've obviously decided he's most marketable.

woah, was i watching the same show as everyone else?! I thought Anthony was clearly the standout last night. Yes he's a young talent time prissy little pansy but he chose two songs which were perfect for the occasion and delivered on both. The Toto number wasn't difficult but was the first time he'd done a rock song and it came across well, and I didn't find BOTW nearly as painful as the rest of yous (mind you i'd had a few beers by this time!).

The fatties both did well too, but they could have chosen much better second numbers. Courtney might have been better off doing Somebody to Love 2nd, but then he did get a touchdown. Not sure which will go, and don't really care.

I decided before last night that this show would decide for me who I want to win given my favourites were long gone and IMO Anthony's been the standout throughout the comp - bar a couple of dodgy boy band efforts and deserves to win.

On another note - did anyone else find his BOTW effort very "Carols by Candlelight"?!

RooBunny said:
Dicko's response to that hideous rendition? "That was bloody marvellous". That was the moment I realised that the judges clearly want Anthony to win the competition. Because surely, surely at least Dicko, should have savaged him for over singing, something he's criticised performers for previously. They've obviously decided he's most marketable.
Dicko probably , Marcia Yes , Mark Holden No.

Holden was talking about Casey like she was the second coming of christ on radio this morning and said the Anthony and Courntey were on a par and he didn't care which other one got through as long as Casey did (which is very unlikely) and then the superlatives continued about her.

There is no doubt Marcia Hines wants Anthony to win and her staring at Mark Holden and almost ordering him to stand up with her and clap after Anthony's second performance last night was quite amusing , fortunately he didn't.

I think Dicko's just accepted Anthony's going to win and is going with the flow .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

bucksisbest said:

Holden was talking about Casey like she was the second coming of christ on radio this morning and said the Anthony and Courntey were on a par and he didn't care which other one got through as long as Casey did (which is very unlikely) and then the superlatives continued about her.

There is no doubt Marcia Hines wants Anthony to win and her staring at Mark Holden and almost ordering him to stand up with her and clap after Anthony's second performance last night was quite amusing , fortunately he didn't.

I think Dicko's just accepted Anthony's going to win and is going with the flow .

That's true. I guess i just forgot to consider Mark Holden to be a judge! :p My reasoning for the above comments was that the only judge I ever expect any genuine constructive comments from is Dicko. Marcia just bats her eyelids and talks in some sort of "jive" language and Holden either waffles or develops an intense hatred and just tells them they sucked. (eg Hayley)

RooBunny said:
That's true. I guess i just forgot to consider Mark Holden to be a judge! :p My reasoning for the above comments was that the only judge I ever expect any genuine constructive comments from is Dicko. Marcia just bats her eyelids and talks in some sort of "jive" language and Holden either waffles or develops an intense hatred and just tells them they sucked. (eg Hayley)
Holden didn't hate Hayley he just didn't think she was a good singer , it started when he took all the idols into a recording studio for the final 12 album and listened to see how there voices translated in the recording studio and Hayley's didn't translate well.
Then he started seeing it in her performances.

bucksisbest said:
Holden didn't hate Hayley he just didn't think she was a good singer , it started when he took all the idols into a recording studio for the final 12 album and listened to see how there voices translated in the recording studio and Hayley's didn't translate well.
Then he started seeing it in her performances.

I know that's what happened but it ended up in this strange hatred of her in a radio interview he wouldn't even say her name he just kept referring to Hayley as "her" or "that other one".

RooBunny said:
I know that's what happened but it ended up in this strange hatred of her in a radio interview he wouldn't even say her name he just kept referring to Hayley as "her" or "that other one".
I think it was just his increasing annoyance that she kept on staying and people he thought were better were leaving the show.
Although his plan not to bag her and just make non-commital comments (so she wouldn't get votes in spite of him) towards the end were very funny "I really believe you tried your hardest" , "You look very nice tonight Hayley" , "If you win what sort of record would you plan on making?" .

bucksisbest said:

Agree; Marcia should just go and buy herself some knee-pads now... that's how much she loves Anthony. Its embarrassing to watch. :confused:

Tried something different - shut my eyes during the performances and decided if their voices would make you listen on the radio - sadly no - by a long way.

None of them are visually appealling so that would be a good test. Try it. Even though the musical arrangement on Idol is pathetic, they are very bad.

Ahh I can't be stuffed reading all this! I began to watch aus idol last night and thought to myself that none of people people even have a favourite....you all critise these singers, again, again and again! I also thought to myself that I can't wait to come on here and see all of ur opinions...well they ain't really opinons, they are payouts of these 3 people on tv.

LOL you guys are classic! :eek:

Remove this Banner Ad

Australian Idol

Remove this Banner Ad

Back