Australian Idol

Remove this Banner Ad

the fly said:
Hmmm, better a big person winning it than a poncey piece of plastic like Anthony.
why?

anthony is not "sick" and does not have a life shortening medical condition

Ted Pellitts said:
Noooooo

no of course she wasn't

for somebody her height and age, she was overweight

You have to stop reading the teenage girls magazines teddie - they are warping reality. She is not overweight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ricki-Lee would have been 60kg at best...

She's a relatively tall and stocky netball player!

Ok, so she was no Amali physically, but she is by no means overweight :mad:

60 kgs? Her height alone suggests she'd weigh more than that, plus she did have rolls around the waist (though neatly concealed and not as evident in a taller person), so I'd say Ricki would be closer to 75-80kgs.

Having said that, I'm not saying she was overweight or fat in the Courtney or Csey mould, but she did have a little excess baggage, love handles, whatever you want to call it. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing really....not that I fancied her at all (definitely an Amali kinda guy, just for the record :cool: )

SweedishMeatball said:
ricki-lee is a hottie and by no means overweight. People wonder why so many kids have weight problems...
number of obese kids > number of anorexic kids

australia is heading for 100% OBEISITY in 2050

not 100% anorexia

mulhollanddrive said:
She isnt overweight but she had massive hips that were 5 times wider than her head, i put it down to bone structure.
yeah and the same could be said for one E. Cartman too :rolleyes:

there was nothing wrong with ricky lee

my gripe is with courtney and casey

Ted Pellitts said:
yeah and the same could be said for one E. Cartman too :rolleyes:

there was nothing wrong with ricky lee

my gripe is with courtney and casey

Ted, you were the one that said Ricky Lee was overweight.

Your "gripe" is with Courtney and Casey? Sure, they are overweight, not obese. What does that have to do with them following their dreams of making it in the music industry?

Seeing as you feel that being in that industry makes you a role model to kids, can you tell me what musicians/singers are good role models?

They certainly won't be sending out the message to kids that you need to be underweight and have a eating disorder to be acceptable.

riki lee was overweight but if you read my post where i said she was overweight i also said i didn't have a problem with it

people seem to forget that obeisity is an eating disorder as well.

everybody knows idol voters are mostly made up of insecure teenagers. on this occasion, everybody insecure about thier weight has decided they will hide behind an obese celebrity to justify thier appearance.

i am not a dietician, i just regurgitate stuff i hear from people like john tickell and all the physios and medicos that francis leach talks to on SEN.

Ted Pellitts said:
riki lee was overweight but if you read my post where i said she was overweight i also said i didn't have a problem with it

people seem to forget that obeisity is an eating disorder as well.

everybody knows idol voters are mostly made up of insecure teenagers. on this occasion, everybody insecure about thier weight has decided they will hide behind an obese celebrity to justify thier appearance.

i am not a dietician, i just regurgitate stuff i hear from people like john tickell and all the physios and medicos that francis leach talks to on SEN.

Then why was Angie the first voted out? The argument fails on that alone. And Ted, speaking from someone who was an insecure, fat teenage girl I can assure you the argument makes no sense, because you actually act oppositely, the people who are your "role models" are not the "obese" people it's the skinny blondes because they are who you want to be.

People also want to emulate someone they see as happy and successful - Casey doesn't give that off at all, Casey seems constantly unhappy. She is not a role model for that reason. And hey don't forget that apart from a few disasters she's had more touchdowns then anyone else, because she has a beautiful voice. Courtney also has a great voice and hey it's a singing contest.

Not too mention the teenage girls are actually voting for Anthony. It's older people who vote for Courtney and Casey I would think (trust me teenage girls are not the only ones who vote).

Remove this Banner Ad

Australian Idol

Remove this Banner Ad

Back