Opinion AUSTRALIAN Politics: Adelaide Board Discussion Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

The not so brilliant Dr Chalmers now residing over the 12th interest rise since the ALP came to power....remember when the same twit loaded up on the LNP Government when there was an interest rise...well buddy your mob are now heading to World champion status in that regard...and cost of living running rampant with queues around the block at Foodbank outlets at the same time..

I’m old enough to remember when the “experts” in this thread were telling us that destroying the economy for three years was all good, she’ll be right mate, nothing to see here, no problems at all.

It won’t go up another 3%. There won’t be carnage just like the sky didn’t fall in with Covid-19 or didn’t collapse with the GFC. It will be a bit of a shake up but those who have been around for yonks have seen it all before.

It will in all likelihood the RBA cash rate will probably land between 1.5% and 2%, so another 0.65% - 1.15% increase in interest rates over the next 9-12 months.

The good bit for me is I have no loans and bank interest on savings will go up.
My daughter will be spitting chips.:(

Spin Travolta GIF by Adventure Capitalist

I need a reminder why these loons are called Greens.

Greens stage dramatic Senate walkout during Question Time after condemning Labor’s refusal to call for an immediate ceasefire in Gaza​

Greens Senator Mehreen Faruqi has led her party out of the Senate in support of Palestine, after using a speech in the chamber to call Labor "cowards" over the party's response to the war in Gaza.

FB_IMG_1620260954347.jpg

I’m old enough to remember when the “experts” in this thread were telling us that destroying the economy for three years was all good, she’ll be right mate, nothing to see here, no problems at all.

Yep got that absolutely wrong.

The thing is - you have mortgages rates going up and both those with a mortgage and those renting will pay the price whilst the boomers with $$$$ in a bank a/c/term deposits (not me as most of more $$$ are in shares) will see extra $$$ which they will spend.

I think RBA has overplayed it but won’t know for another 12 months I fear.

The not so brilliant Dr Chalmers now residing over the 12th interest rise since the ALP came to power....remember when the same twit loaded up on the LNP Government when there was an interest rise...well buddy your mob are now heading to World champion status in that regard...and cost of living running rampant with queues around the block at Foodbank outlets at the same time..

Well perhaps and it is just a thought, if interest rates hadn’t been kept at ridiculously low levels for too long than needed we might be looking at different scenario now. All that did was super jet fuel the property market.

Unemployment at record low levels - a tight labour market still.

Well perhaps and it is just a thought, if interest rates hadn’t been kept at ridiculously low levels for too long than needed we might be looking at different scenario now. All that did was super jet fuel the property market.

Unemployment at record low levels - a tight labour market still.

I love it when people mistake interest rate rises as being the result of current government policy that's only been in power for 18 months. Inflation is not something that happens over night. Even if the day the ALP came to power, they gifted everyone $10k, it would take about 12 months for the inflationary pressures to hit interest rates consistently. Its a certainty the interest rates are primarily a result of inflationary pressures created by the LNP over the previous five years to the ALP. Covid payments is case and point. A lot of people also working from home saved a ton of cash during the covid years. interest rates started rising in feb 2022. a whole 24 months after covid started, lockdowns and covid payments. During that time online purchases went through the roof. combine that with fuel prices due to ukraine russia conflict inflation was always going to sky rocket.

From my recollection didnt the RBA refuse to increase interest rates during covid even though inflationary pressure dictated it? So yet again we are seeing inflation on steroids that should have been managed pre 2022.

At the same time though sound financial policies to reduce interest rates also wont kick in for 12 months from the time of inception. So we really wont know if Chalmers policies to reduce it are working (if at all) until next year.

And people queued around the block at Foodbank outlets..all good.

Why do you think Chalmers is responsible for the rate rises and these issues?

Did they suddenly appear in 12 months?

So this is why I thought gas cookers were on the way out.

I loved both my gas oven and cookers and my gas instant hot water ( I mean seriously gas hot water was awesome, I sadly moved).

Mind you with gas prices as they are in not that sad I don't have one

Obviously you don't get what a hypocrite the Doctor is who loaded up on the LNP every time there was a rate rise, different when the Doctor and the ALP are pulling the levers....nothing to see here. Not to mention the ALP supporters that loaded up on the LNP have gone very, very quiet, in fact not a squeak out of them or the "friendly" media.
I have been consistent on my posting in this thread regardless of the political party that they cannot control global factors.

Name me a politician who isn't a hypocrite...

I have been consistent on my posting in this thread regardless of the political party that they cannot control global factors.

Name me a politician who isn't a hypocrite...
I never understood any politician that claimed things like rate cuts or drops in unemployment without clearly defining which policy of theirs made the difference.

The LNP were completely incompetent in lots of ways, but they didn't make Russia invade Ukraine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have been hearing about the Suburban Rail Loop costing $150b to $175b.

The Age reports that "the independent Parliamentary Budget Office estimating the East and North, plus 50 years operations, would cost a whopping $200 billion." That's not $200b for the whole thing, but $200b for East and North only.

The Feds have contributed $2b. The Victorian budget has allocated $11b. So we have $187b still to be funded – compare that to Victoria's current state debt of $116b.

It would be cheaper, far cheaper, to find the small number of people that will travel between Box Hill and Cheltenham, and give them a new electric car every five years.

What I hate about this mornings Optus outage .....in order
1. Reboot all devices
2. Check wiring to see if anythings fallen out
3. Go for a walk ....then rinse & repeat steps 1 & 2

Luckily I have internet back now, but no phone ......so HTF do you know there's an outage, if you have no internet or phone .....can't check twitter ect, newspapers ??????

What I hate about this mornings Optus outage .....in order
1. Reboot all devices
2. Check wiring to see if anythings fallen out
3. Go for a walk ....then rinse & repeat steps 1 & 2

Luckily I have internet back now, but no phone ......so HTF do you know there's an outage, if you have no internet or phone .....can't check twitter ect, newspapers ??????
I'm with Telstra on internet. They text you on mobile any outage. I have a home phone but never answer it as you only get scam callers on it. It's part of my Telsra/Fox package so I just let it ring out.

I'm with Telstra on internet. They text you on mobile any outage. I have a home phone but never answer it as you only get scam callers on it. It's part of my Telsra/Fox package so I just let it ring out.
My message service was out, in addition to triple 000 also out ......so I'm not sure I could have got a text, even in the remote chance Optus was predisposed to communicating with customers

Optus are pretty much done now imo. No phone services and internet for 10 hours. First the hack and now this. My advice to them is to sell the company and cut their losses. A new company may run it properly.

* Just checked. Still no mobile phone servives.

Time to get rid of this farce. Good to see plenty of protests against Charles and his globalist WEF beliefs.
I didn't want to ask the last poster who mentioned this.

But what are your concerns with globalism and world economic forum?

But I do agree with getting rid of the King

We have been hearing about the Suburban Rail Loop costing $150b to $175b.

The Age reports that "the independent Parliamentary Budget Office estimating the East and North, plus 50 years operations, would cost a whopping $200 billion." That's not $200b for the whole thing, but $200b for East and North only.

The Feds have contributed $2b. The Victorian budget has allocated $11b. So we have $187b still to be funded – compare that to Victoria's current state debt of $116b.

It would be cheaper, far cheaper, to find the small number of people that will travel between Box Hill and Cheltenham, and give them a new electric car every five years.
Obviously news to the people proposing the same for Adelaide and thinking it will only cost $3-5bn.

Looking past the fact that rate rises in and of themselves (with apparently zero consideration being given to any other fiscal policy changes) are probably the wrong levers to change the real drivers behind current inflationary issue, 4.35% is still within the parameters of 'normal' if you look at historical trends over the past 30 years.

The fact that we've had so many rate rises in such quick succession is definitely an issue.

However, of far greater significance is that yet again, less than a decade after the GFC and the Australian banking royal commission, we are still talking about a combination of greed, stupidity, and lack of regulation in the banking sector which has self evidently led to a large number of people being allowed to take out loans that they cannot afford.

And to what end? Other than to pour more fuel onto the dumpster fire that is the over inflated Australian housing market.

If you can't service a loan with the cash rate at 4-5%, it shouldn't have been approved in the first place.

rba-official-cash-rate.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion AUSTRALIAN Politics: Adelaide Board Discussion Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back