Opinion AUSTRALIAN Politics: Adelaide Board Discussion Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

The volume and intensity of media enquiries coming through would’ve been relentless. If it was up to them he’d still be talking about it today.

Getting out of the country for a while alleviates that and also blunts the opportunity for his detractors and the opposition to bring it up again and attack him in the political arena.

It isn’t a coincidence that he’s nowhere to be seen. It’s politics 101, and in fact, it’s part of the reason it seems like everybody’s moved on. It‘s had the desired outcome. For now.

I still think the biggest issue is that there has been nowhere near the fallout that people were hoping that it was going to have.

It's all come and gone and hasn't even seemed to registered a blimp on the Richter scale and I think Albo remaining in Australia would have made little difference to things.

No wonder Destroyer Dan was hitting the exit button post haste...Fire Service in disarray, now Police Service in disarray.

Dozens of Victoria Police station counters to close as staffing crisis deepens​

Victoria Police will slash the opening hours of 43 police station reception counters across the state so officers can be deployed to frontline duties as the force faces major resourcing challenges
There will be a raft of services cut back because of the financial squeeze caused by the madness of the suburban rail loop. This is just the start.

I still think the biggest issue is that there has been nowhere near the fallout that people were hoping that it was going to have.

It's all come and gone and hasn't even seemed to registered a blimp on the Richter scale and I think Albo remaining in Australia would have made little difference to things.

A number of No voters in the Referendum close to me said that there would be total chaos from the Yes campaign after the result.

And all there has been is crickets - everyone accepted the result and has moved on.

A number of No voters in the Referendum close to me said that there would be total chaos from the Yes campaign after the result.

And all there has been is crickets - everyone accepted the result and has moved on.

I was one that thought there'd be more rhetoric. Maybe the YES campaign secretly knew it was BS all along. Or the most likely, everyone supporting YES was waiting for the leadership of the YES to start the racism rhetoric and it never came. The media desperate to feign outrage were given no soundbites to trade on.

And who says no one notices our own little backwater and it’s backwater ways

Its not respect. Its catering to the woke so lawyers and judges avoid being accused of transphobia. Nothing but self image projection onto those traumatised. Funnily enough, seems like an obvious plan for a convicted sexual predator to be gifted all the women they can want in Prison.

I was one that thought there'd be more rhetoric. Maybe the YES campaign secretly knew it was BS all along. Or the most likely, everyone supporting YES was waiting for the leadership of the YES to start the racism rhetoric and it never came. The media desperate to feign outrage were given no soundbites to trade on.
That part is so true. There were some protests, but no one cared. If think even a lot of Yes voters cast their vote on a political leaning rather than what was or wasn't presented to them.

That part is so true. There were some protests, but no one cared. If think even a lot of Yes voters cast their vote on a political leaning rather than what was or wasn't presented to them.

As I always said, a lot of people promoted YES out of the image it provided them. Had their been something to trade on post election, I believe we would have had a major war of words break out. But weirdly, everyone fell silent.

How does our government allow this to happen. Surely their spin doctors are following anything like this. This has to be unsustainable.
I suppose it makes unemployment records look good.

More executives working in South Australian public service despite election commitment to slash fat cats from payroll​

The number of executives employed in South Australia’s public service has again increased – despite a Labor election commitment to cut back fat cats from the payroll.
The overall size of the sector also grew, with about one in every eight South Australian workers now employed by the state government.

How does our government allow this to happen. Surely their spin doctors are following anything like this. This has to be unsustainable.

More executives working in South Australian public service despite election commitment to slash fat cats from payroll​

The number of executives employed in South Australia’s public service has again increased – despite a Labor election commitment to cut back fat cats from the payroll.
The overall size of the sector also grew, with about one in every eight South Australian workers now employed by the state government.

The problem with the government is the same with all governments, power.

I dont know why it comes as a surprise? Nepotism and the 'jobs for the boys' temptation is simply too strong. Plus you cant sack existing employees easily. So creating new positions for friends and family is way to easy. Especially when the tax payer foots the bill. 27 members of parliament, each with extended family and friendship network.

The problem with the government is the same with all governments, power.

I dont know why it comes as a surprise? Nepotism and the 'jobs for the boys' temptation is simply too strong. Plus you cant sack existing employees easily. So creating new positions for friends and family is way to easy. Especially when the tax payer foots the bill. 27 members of parliament, each with extended family and friendship network.
True but 1 in 8 are state employees. I wonder if councils are in that figure. Then add federal employees. Then all the work gets contracted out. It's a massive pyramid.
We could probably have sustained those numbers in the 70's and 80's when we had probably Australia's biggest manufacturing base per population, but we don't make anything anymore now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unofficially 4 have been sacked from SA Health, including the incompetent & arrogant CFO & his 2IC buddy (finally). Should be offical soon.

I believe they are looking to reduce by 7 executive roles, which should not be hard.

True but 1 in 8 are state employees. I wonder if councils are in that figure. Then add federal employees. Then all the work gets contracted out. It's a massive pyramid.
We could probably have sustained those numbers in the 70's and 80's when we had probably Australia's biggest manufacturing base per population, but we don't make anything anymore now.

Im not arguing. Im just saying why no government fixes it.

It wouldn't include council employees, but it does include hospital staff including doctors/nurses, police, ambos, teachers, fireys etc

So while it sounds a lot, there's a pretty big scope of what is classed as a state government employee so it's most probably on par with other states.

I need a reminder why these loons are called Greens.

Greens stage dramatic Senate walkout during Question Time after condemning Labor’s refusal to call for an immediate ceasefire in Gaza​

Greens Senator Mehreen Faruqi has led her party out of the Senate in support of Palestine, after using a speech in the chamber to call Labor "cowards" over the party's response to the war in Gaza.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion AUSTRALIAN Politics: Adelaide Board Discussion Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back