Australian Wrestling thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Is it really "Eyes on the Australian Scene" when nobody outside of MCW or PWA have managed to crack the list? Seems like whoever decides on the Australian entrants might just watch 2 Aussie promotions and that's it.

Is it really "Eyes on the Australian Scene" when nobody outside of MCW or PWA have managed to crack the list? Seems like whoever decides on the Australian entrants might just watch 2 Aussie promotions and that's it.

Basso doesn't wrestle in either.

Ugg and Emman aren't being recognised for MCW - I think Ugg won 1 MCW singles match during the voting period, I don't think Emman won any.

Same deal with Braxton in PWA - he won a solitary battle royal in the voting period; Kiedis won 2 or 3 matches in PWA, depending on whether the 3rd match made it into the voting period.

Keep going with the lazy as **** analysis that continues to prove that you don't watch Australian wrestling and have no interest in it other than trolling us though.

There's no eyes on the Australian scene. Anyone who says there is needs the dose of reality of leaving Australia

Basso doesn't wrestle in either.

Ugg and Emman aren't being recognised for MCW - I think Ugg won 1 MCW singles match during the voting period, I don't think Emman won any.

Same deal with Braxton in PWA - he won a solitary battle royal in the voting period; Kiedis won 2 or 3 matches in PWA, depending on whether the 3rd match made it into the voting period.

Keep going with the lazy as **** analysis that continues to prove that you don't watch Australian wrestling and have no interest in it other than trolling us though.

99. Jessica Troy - Current PWA Champion.

157. Delta - Was an MCW regular.

161. Adam Brooks - One of MCW's biggest stars.

169. Robbie Eagles - PWA's FOTC.

222. Charli Evans - PWA regular.

232. Slex - One of MCW's biggest stars.

255. Ricky South - One of PWA's biggest stars.

323. The Tuckman - PWA up and comer

328. Paris da Silva - PWA regular

333. Emman Azman - MCW regular

340. Jimmy Townsend - PWA regular

342. Ben Braxton - PWA regular.

356. Caveman Ugg - MCW regular.

395. Chris Basso - You got me, I overlooked this one. This one is an RCW regular, the friends of MCW and PWA, that's my bad.

402. Big Fudge - PWA regular

413. Will Kiedis - PWA regular.

---

So there are 16 wrestlers actively wrestling in Australia that made the list, 15/16 are regulars at either MCW or PWA and the one guy that isn't a regular at MCW or PWA is in a fed that is strongly affiliated with them, you're not doing much to break the discussion point here.

For you as someone clearly passionate about Aussie Wrestling wouldn't you like to see some non EPW, MCW, PWA or RCW representation on the list? Do you genuinely feel that not 1 QLD wrestler is deserving? Not 1 non PWA wrestler from NSW or 1 non MCW wrestler from Vic?

99. Jessica Troy - Current PWA Champion.

157. Delta - Was an MCW regular.

161. Adam Brooks - One of MCW's biggest stars.

169. Robbie Eagles - PWA's FOTC.

222. Charli Evans - PWA regular.

232. Slex - One of MCW's biggest stars.

255. Ricky South - One of PWA's biggest stars.

323. The Tuckman - PWA up and comer

328. Paris da Silva - PWA regular

333. Emman Azman - MCW regular

340. Jimmy Townsend - PWA regular

342. Ben Braxton - PWA regular.

356. Caveman Ugg - MCW regular.

395. Chris Basso - You got me, I overlooked this one. This one is an RCW regular, the friends of MCW and PWA, that's my bad.

402. Big Fudge - PWA regular

413. Will Kiedis - PWA regular.

---

So there are 16 wrestlers actively wrestling in Australia that made the list, 15/16 are regulars at either MCW or PWA and the one guy that isn't a regular at MCW or PWA is in a fed that is strongly affiliated with them, you're not doing much to break the discussion point here.

For you as someone clearly passionate about Aussie Wrestling wouldn't you like to see some non EPW, MCW, PWA or RCW representation on the list? Do you genuinely feel that not 1 QLD wrestler is deserving? Not 1 non PWA wrestler from NSW or 1 non MCW wrestler from Vic?
I am pretty sure its just 1 or 2 dudes in Australia sending PWI who they think, lets also not pretend that the list means anything other than it will help you get booked if you head overseas for a trip. Lets not forget Joel Bateman was on the last 2 lists and he is putrid

I am pretty sure its just 1 or 2 dudes in Australia sending PWI who they think, lets also not pretend that the list means anything other than it will help you get booked if you head overseas for a trip. Lets not forget Joel Bateman was on the last 2 lists and he is putrid
seems that way. they don't even have separate (top 10) ratings for Australia in the magazine/website any more, although they did list top 5 for MCW/PWA in the magazine over past months.

The quirks of big city living...

I'd been thinking really hard about going to the TAMASHII show tomorrow. I've never seen Nicholls live, and there's a couple of good matches on it. I'm also not that excited for the potential "contest" in the AFL tomorrow night.

I happened to get an email from OzTix at the exact time I was watching ABC News, in particular the story about the protests at Jeff's shed. I put 2 + 2 together and realised that getting to St Kilda tomorrow night as the Weapons Expo is ending is likely to be impossible on a tram :(

I think I said late last year that if it's the new team - Jem, Ryan, Jordan etc - and if it's just 1 annual DREAM show and maybe 1 annual F**k Spiders show, maybe it's something I could give another chance. Not immediately, but if they did 1-2 shows at decent venues and everything went well. Especially as they seem to have resolved the money they owe to fans and to most people who've worked on shows.

Death matches are still a different niche that I just can't help but be drawn too. AndI never felt more of a community than I did at DMDU shows, even through my crippling anxiety I never felt more comfortable chatting to absolutely anyone at the show, knowing they'd be cool and up for a chat.

Just on the prominence of Australian wrestlers in the PWI 500, Where does Australia rank in terms of how big the wrestling scene is?

I think it's fair to say that the US, Japan, Mexico and The UK have bigger scenes but does Australia stack up with Germany and Canada?

Just on the prominence of Australian wrestlers in the PWI 500, Where does Australia rank in terms of how big the wrestling scene is?

I think it's fair to say that the US, Japan, Mexico and The UK have bigger scenes but does Australia stack up with Germany and Canada?
Germany is a good shout as a comparison

PWL have announced a 14 Feb show next year... At the Eaton's Hill Hotel.

That was probably always the likely venue, but a slightly odd one when you're appealing to travellers, and you're running the outer suburbs nowhere near a train line.

Screen Shot 2024-09-13 at 11.15.08.png

PWL have announced a 14 Feb show next year... At the Eaton's Hill Hotel.

That was probably always the likely venue, but a slightly odd one when you're appealing to travellers, and you're running the outer suburbs nowhere near a train line.

View attachment 2109163
30 minute drive/uber ride from Brisbane CBD or those who are cheap, there is a bus number 359 that will drop you off 300 metres from venue. 60 minute ride from CBD.

30 minute drive/uber ride from Brisbane CBD or those who are cheap, there is a bus number 359 that will drop you off 300 metres from venue. 60 minute ride from CBD.

Good looking out man, thanks. I meant to figure out what a "busway" was the other day, but forgot about it. Presumably it's kind of like the Doncaster buses here where they go from the city out to the suburbs with stopping in lieu of a train line.

I don't even know if it's a being cheap thing, I suspect catching the bus to Eaton's Hill at the right time might be a fun experience and a good opportunity to meet other fans. I don't know whether I have any mates coming the Friday show, but they appear to be ghosting me, so I might take the bus to try and meet people.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Australian Wrestling thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back