Australian Wrestling thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Show last night was fun but pretty meaningless. The main event was great. I'm not sure what the business relationship between OPW and MCW is but it certainly benefits one side far more than the other. Classy Ali was terrible.

Right? Sooo bad. I felt a bit bad for Mitch when he was trying to do comedy spots - which is so not his deal post Brat Pack - in an attempt to salvage anything at all from the match.

Classy Ali had good hair... everything else about him suuuuuucked.

Right? Sooo bad. I felt a bit bad for Mitch when he was trying to do comedy spots - which is so not his deal post Brat Pack - in an attempt to salvage anything at all from the match.

You can only hope Classy Ali paid to be there because he might be the worst wrestler I’ve seen in Thornbury.

We are now 1 title change off OPW and MCW having the same champions so are MCW going to absorb the inferior brand?

On another note, cricket bat guy is a dreadful promo, and why are they promoting Australia v India, it’s a slippery slope to racist crowd behaviour

Ali not going up for the rock bottom was shocking. Like JUMP. Seriously.

Who would people say is the best young wrestler in Australia. As in under 22?

Not as much choice as there was as it seems like the average age of Aussie wrestlers is higher than it has been and guys getting opportunities is a slower pace, I think both Jarvis and Tuckman are 22-23ish.

MCW/OPW show yesterday was perfectly fine, I have a rep of being annoyingly positive about Aussie wrestling as I just don't see the value in talking about things that are shit unless they are absolutely horrible, which I guess leads into Classy Ali. I have seen worse on local shows sure, but most of the time it's either guys on student shows having their first match or guys on the shindy feds that have been stinking up venues for years, having this bloke on what is marketed as the best shows in Melbourne, against one of the best workers in the country (and bless him, Waterman gave it everything he has) being that bad was an absolute farce. I get the Qatar connection might bring some money and being that QPW is basically a few Qatar people and a bunch of WWE guys from 20 years ago, maybe that might open some doors for Aussie guys to work O/S, but if you're presenting OPW as the premium priced fed above even MCW, having a bloke who couldn't leave his feet to take a Rock Bottom is not a good look.

On the positive side, I actually enjoyed the majority of this show a lot more than Vendetta, Ali vs Brooks was Brooksy's best match in years, the ICONS stuff was a lot more tolerable than last show and the undercard itself was solid. I really enjoyed Rapid vs Lucky and I'm actually disappointed to miss the 19th because Waterman vs Rapid is legit the most interesting match that MCW has to offer in 2024.

One last negative note, I couldn't help but laugh that they hype this big ICONS survivor series match, when the ICONS team has only one of the core group in Rocky, someone who ads a lot in Robbie Thorpe, a great wrestler who is being shoved down the audiences throat even though no one in Melbourne gives a **** about him in Ricky South and two podcast blokes from Sydney who no one knows why they're even on the show. I wonder who the Kairouz Brothers are mates with to get booked because they're boring as ****.

Not as much choice as there was as it seems like the average age of Aussie wrestlers is higher than it has been and guys getting opportunities is a slower pace, I think both Jarvis and Tuckman are 22-23ish.
One of my friends pointed out to me how pretty much pwa dropping the ball and rampage not having any golden trainees anymore has really hampered everyone. Since you don't have jackson jonah eagles (all three of them) going with Armstrong's etc. Everyone's too floaty and accepting of just mediocre work. Honestly the rocky matches should be him and 2 rookies vs 1 vet and 2 rookies and they get them through matches. Try to get some sort of development going.

I always thought like Jordan and AJ were the shining example. Jordan very very solid worker and when aj was with with him he improved greatly. Just having basic solid tags

Remove this Banner Ad

Australian Wrestling thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back