Review Autopsy - Rd 5 v Port

Remove this Banner Ad

Isn't the sub rule supposed to protect us from this? Instead we run out of run and Gray tears us a new one...
No, because you have to use your sub in the first 5 minutes, when the opposition has theirs up their sleeves to unleash when everyone else is running in treacle.

Sub rule is a pile of shit. Monfries deliberately tried to hurt a player in Priddis with a shit tackle. Its piss weak, its soft, its open to bullshit but man since you cant just even it up by decking the offending campaigner these days, does the game need a send off?

It amazes me we could dominate like we did in the first half and just kick ourselves out of it. 2 weeks in a row now. People only say we are playing bad because we are losing but if we kick straight then no one says anything. Oh well looks like we just have to play out the year and hope we have some luck for next year.

Couldn't put the game away early. Inaccuracy. Gaff, Lecca, Sinclair combine for 0.8.

We are an embarrassingly poor club right now. One quarter of football against Melbourne is all we have had this year.

Very average pre-season form also.

Did the boys get ahead of themselves with all the premiership favorite talk??

This. Kick 42.17 instead and you would have been three and two. Very frustrating for the supporters.
I'm not really that surprised that it's a Freo supporter that has some locum of perspective, thanks Dudley. :thumbsu:

image.jpg

Sack the coach. He's done.
I defended woosh when we had shit players. But if we can't beat port with a near full strength team (and cough up a massive lead) something is wrong.
Wasn't it Woosha's gameplan that had us dominate the first half? It's our goal kicking that is the real problem. Kicking goals gets adrenaline pumping. Missing them saps energy. Both this week and last I reckon we would have run out both games had we kicked straighter. And the further in front you get the more deflated the other team gets too.

Sub rule is a pile of shit. Monfries deliberately tried to hurt a player in Priddis with a shit tackle. Its piss weak, its soft, its open to bullshit but man since you cant just even it up by decking the offending silly these days, does the game need a send off?
It wasn't deliberate. It was just an unfortunate incident.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was being a bit facetious. The sub rule is garbage and today just highlights why.
Sorry Underdog, I'm a little bit on edge with the impending end of the world.....

Wasn't defending, trying to get people to think a bit more level headedly, but over many years of supporting Swans I've learnt, you don't get all worked up over a loss, or even a bad season. This thread is, as Shupe said, have a vent though, so fire away. ;)
Worsfold should have flooded there defence or something throw 2 men back when the game was turning. It was the old kick it over our defence and beat them in a foot race and carry it all the way to trick like last week.

lecras' arm guard causing issues?

second tier players were as good in the first half as first tier players. would expect that in the second half when under pressure that second tier players would drop away and first tier players would be able to keep a seven goal lead at bay - lost it across the board completely.

Luke Shuey needs some tackling practice. dont know why i have noticed it, or if i have imagined it, but reckon he has dropped an easy tackle or two in the last quarter of every game this year.

in other news, bottle of glenlivet is not going to be a bottle of glenlivet in an hour or so.

only positive - we came back and beat geelong after being up by seven goals in 2006, and geelong went on to be geelong from 2007 to today. not going to happen, but you know, superstition.

Someone has to say it.

Soft. Slow. No penetrating kick. Poor skills. Has no right foot. Cant stick tackles

Got under the radar for first 2 seasons. Been found out this season.

Should be dropped to the WAFL.

Holy shit!

You're telling us. It's very deflating as a supporter watching kicks continually sail through for behinds. I can image it will be just as deflating for the players on the field.

You'd think that playing against yarren last week would've taught the players a bit and we wouldn't have gotten cut up a few times by another quick player. There were one or two occasions where it could have easily been knocked out of bounds, only for the ball to be streamed down the field, like our defenders don't know Neald is quick. Some of our players have been playing dumb. Not to mention all the missed tackles where we seem to ball watch and not just go at the hips. And yeah, then there's the goalkicking. Absolutely no chance of T4 now, so that means that we are playing to be a number in the bottom half of the 8. :(

This. Kick 42.17 instead and you would have been three and two. Very frustrating for the supporters.
I'm not really that surprised that it's a Freo supporter that has some locum of perspective, thanks Dudley. :thumbsu:

With all due respect, this is our vent thread. I wouldn't go onto another club's vent thread and post, no matter how logical the point may be. Frustrating for supporters? No shit. We don't need that pointed out to us. :mad:

This isn't the thread for perspective, swannies. Stop annoying me by being such a good poster/bloke.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Autopsy - Rd 5 v Port

Remove this Banner Ad

Back