Autopsy Autopsy vs Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Desperately bad luck for De Koning. I shed no tears for Carlton, obviously. However, I do feel sorry for the guy, personally. He’s a really good player who deserves to play finals. I mean, despite everything he went through, he was instrumental in Carlton winning that game. He edged Tristan in the second half. Without him, they lose. It could be argued that Xerri should have ironed him out. However, he didn’t. It speaks volumes for De Koning. It’s the sort of performance that teams look back on after winning a flag. Carlton won’t win it, I know. However, De Koning has, at least, ensured their destiny is in their own hands
No wonder Xerri ran out of legs

Watching the replay helps to push aside the emotion about the umpiring, and concentrate on why they won, and where we fell down.

Like all good sides in the modern era, Carlton flip it around with clean quick hands in the contest until they get it out, then move it quick in transition and finally a couple of blokes in the F50 are pretty hot to handle - they don't need many chances, as evident in Curnow kicking half a bag, and yet you'd say Logue did well on him.

Then on our side, I think the really encouraging thing is that if we tidy up and make fewer unforced errors, the game comes right back into play. Wardlaw streaming into the top of F50 and kicking it over Curtis' head to the opposition; Dylan Stephens kicking long from a back pocket to a contest in the corridor; Logue turning it over from a kick-in; McKercher falling down in front of Curnow after spooking himself when he couldn't get onto his left

These are all perfectly 'fixable' as the team beds down - Logue's first game back, McKercher's first year, Stephens finding hs way in a new side.

I really thought we'd go better this year, but pretty confident for next (not that anyone's heard that before)

“I’ve had just enough of these north Melbourne yobs who don’t play the game in the spirit of fair play and good nature”
Shinboners are back.

Watching the replay helps to push aside the emotion about the umpiring, and concentrate on why they won, and where we fell down.

Like all good sides in the modern era, Carlton flip it around with clean quick hands in the contest until they get it out, then move it quick in transition and finally a couple of blokes in the F50 are pretty hot to handle - they don't need many chances, as evident in Curnow kicking half a bag, and yet you'd say Logue did well on him.

Then on our side, I think the really encouraging thing is that if we tidy up and make fewer unforced errors, the game comes right back into play. Wardlaw streaming into the top of F50 and kicking it over Curtis' head to the opposition; Dylan Stephens kicking long from a back pocket to a contest in the corridor; Logue turning it over from a kick-in; McKercher falling down in front of Curnow after spooking himself when he couldn't get onto his left

These are all perfectly 'fixable' as the team beds down - Logue's first game back, McKercher's first year, Stephens finding hs way in a new side.

I really thought we'd go better this year, but pretty confident for next (not that anyone's heard that before)

It’s a tale of two seasons

Pre Bye and Post Bye

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cripps said on 360 tonight how hard it was to play north. Mentioning the contested side of our game. Ultimately that is all we as supporters wanted going in.

Time plus upside should see this turned into a win much more often.
And yet all that half your board has done in the aftermath is celebrate the injuries to an opposition team's players... Bizarre stuff from the Shinboner faithful. Classless stuff.

And yet all that half your board has done in the aftermath is celebrate the injuries to an opposition team's players... Bizarre stuff from the Shinboner faithful. Classless stuff.

I wouldn’t say we are celebrating an injury as more laughing at TDK’s “camp” getting upset at Xerri for breaking his foot and deflating his lung.

Cripps didn’t seem upset.

Maybe it’s just the media. They tend to beat things up.

We were also shocked you kept him out there. And admire his courage for doing so.

We're taking the piss out of Sammy Edmund's radio tantrum and perception amongst Blues supporters that our players should be suspended just for playing physical. I don't think anyone on here has unironically taken any personal pleasure out of TDK having a stint on sidelines.

If you want to see a real lack of empathy, take a gander at the Webster family and the Aints board.

I wouldn’t say we are celebrating an injury as more laughing at TDK’s “camp” getting upset at Xerri for breaking his foot and deflating his lung.

Cripps didn’t seem upset.

Maybe it’s just the media. They tend to beat things up.

We were also shocked you kept him out there. And admire his courage for doing so.
Hmmm... Media beat up?

Yeah either we have the ball or we will hurt you to get it.

This is very North Melbourne.
To make things better, he's going to hurt some finalists on the way home. TDK punctured lunch & f*ked foot.
Sounds like Carlton are just soft campaigners.
Can’t wait for him to beat up on the younger brother this week as well
It's the dumping action at the end which is the issue. I loved it though
I can’t wait until we are in October and Carlton fans are still crying about Xerri de-railing their season 🙌🏻
If Tristan has genuinely ****ed Carlton' s prospects.. he'll never need to pay for a drink in this town ever again.

Hmmm... Media beat up?

I meant media beat up in terms of Carlton’s side of things.

We love the way X plays. We want him to be feared.

We don’t want him to be a cheap coward punch type of player that hurts players unfairly.

The foot could have happened to anyone, either way. The tackle was a great tackle. TDK never once looked to be in danger of his head hitting the ground .

As such there was no action taken.

So we go back to celebrating Xerri making ruckman nervous about going up against him. And any mid the runs past him.

I hope SDK feels the same way on sat night, but obviously without the season ending injuries 👍

Half?

I think most of us have had a gutful of there always being some disclaimer when we play reasonably well. This time it's Xerri and Comben playing with chainsaws.

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app

I meant media beat up in terms of Carlton’s side of things.

We love the way X plays. We want him to be feared.

We don’t want him to be a cheap coward punch type of player that hurts players unfairly.

The foot could have happened to anyone, either way. The tackle was a great tackle. TDK never once looked to be in danger of his head hitting the ground .

As such there was no action taken.

So we go back to celebrating Xerri making ruckman nervous about going up against him. And any mid the runs past him.

I hope SDK feels the same way on sat night, but obviously without the season ending injuries 👍
You're more than entitled to have your own view on things re the tackling technique and all that, but as someone who's had a bit to do with the DeKs from some Surf business down the coast a few years ago, knowing how lovely they are as people and as ambassadors for the game, I reckon it's pretty shit form to have posters essentially celebrating Xerri ending his season.

I'm a big fan of Xerri and love his physicality, same with Chom and Wardlaw... But clearly when a player comes away with a punctured lung, a badly broken foot and family members talking to a flog like Edmund to relay their grievances, that may be a sign that things might have gone a bit far or been a bit beyond the norm.

From our own end, Cripps KO'd Ah Chee in 2022 and there was thousands of posts regarding his suspension, the tribunal fiasco and the Brownlow etc... But I reckon you'd be hard pressed to find one celebrating the fact that Ah Chee almost got his head caved in. Took Ah Chee quite a while to even get back to looking like the player he was before that incident and could have ended his career, luckily he's continued on and looking to be having a career season in 2024.

As I said, I just think it's pretty classless stuff from posters celebrating that sort of stuff.

Anyway, you do you Kangas fans. :peace:

Last edited:
You're more than entitled to have your own view on things re the tackling technique and all that, but as someone who's had a bit to do with the DeKs from some Surf business down the coast a few years ago, knowing how lovely they are as people and as ambassadors for the game, I reckon it's pretty shit form to have posters essentially celebrating Xerri ending his season.

I'm a big fan of Xerri and love his physicality, same with Chom and Wardlaw... But clearly when a player comes away with a punctured lung, a badly broken foot and family members talking to a flog like Edmund to relay their grievances, that may be a sign that things might have gone a bit far or been a bit beyond the norm.

From our own end, Cripps KO'd Ah Chee in 2022 and there was thousands of posts regarding his suspension, the tribunal fiasco and the Brownlow etc... But I reckon you'd be hard pressed to find one celebrating the fact that Ah Chee almost got his head caved in. Took Ah Chee quite a while to even get back to looking like the player he was before that incident and could have ended his career, luckily he's continued on and looking to be having a career season in 2024.

As I said, I just think it's pretty classless stuff from posters celebrating that sort of stuff.

1999 >>> 1995

Sorry mate. You can’t bring up a completely luck of the draw foot injury, that your medicos put back on the ground, and then claim a grievance for said foot injury against X.

You and the DK family lose all credibility. Unless that is if you are also pissed off at your club. Maybe have grievance on behalf of the mckays while you’re at it for allowing Harry to stay on the ground as he woke up from a run in with the back of fords head.

Maybe Edmund can write an article about that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Autopsy vs Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Back