Autopsy Autopsy vs Richmond - narrow win gives NMFC its third win of the season

Remove this Banner Ad

The tuggers board is good reading, cracks can

Enjoyed reading the "their grand final" comments when we played pretty poor for the most part and the post game celebration was for our captains 200th.

Always fun rolling them.

Really want to be tidying up our mistakes because ordinarily a team that coughs it up like we did today doesnt get the chocolates, poor kicking by the tiggers helped us immensely by not capitalising on them.

Yes, they played average footy for much of the day. But as other posters have noted, good teams find a way to win ugly when not on song. We’re not a good team yet, but it’s another small step

Thank you Ch.9 sports report with Nick Larkey kicking a career high 5 goals 🙄

Since the bye:

For: 635
Against: 777
Percentage: 81% (take out the Sydney game and it’s above 90%).

3 wins
6 losses

Snag a win next week and a 4-6 second half of the year will be a big step up after 0-11.
And for most part we are winning the possession count by 50 or so (outside of the Swans) which was not the case pre-bye.

We gave up 42 games a player experience to the Tiges, so yes, they were better on the spread.

Think we are now able to defend better across the ground and are happy to have kick mark and slow builds.

Our rebound from D50 and inside 50 is still our main problem. Saw the scoreboard towards the end of the game an Simpkin was our leader with 9.

Enjoyed reading the "their grand final" comments when we played pretty poor for the most part and the post game celebration was for our captains 200th.

Always fun rolling them.
I actually thought it was pretty piss poor of richmond to not give him his guard of honour.

And for most part we are winning the possession count by 50 or so (outside of the Swans) which was not the case pre-bye.

We gave up 42 games a player experience to the Tiges, so yes, they were better on the spread.

Think we are now able to defend better across the ground and are happy to have kick mark and slow builds.

Our rebound from D50 and inside 50 is still our main problem. Saw the scoreboard towards the end of the game an Simpkin was our leader with 9.
The lack of any discernible system for offensive ball movement from the back half is incredible for an elite football side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Loved it. Only took till 2 mins left to know with confidence we had won it.
By god our co captains are butchers tho.
Everyone on the ground can see the open man but LMac . Simpkin you just hold your breath and hope.

Momentum changed where in the span of 5-10 mins Stephen’s put his body on the line and then a moment after that BGZ took mark of the year, the boys just lifted.

Sleevo was freaking huge in the last.

Since the bye we have played 9 games.
  • 3 have been wins
  • 2 we lost by less than a goal against two recent premiers.
  • 2 were by under 3 goals against 2 sides both likely to make top 4 (and dogs arguably the best team in it atm).
  • The other two were probably our worst performances against the top side on the ladder at their home and the other against a side currently sitting 2nd though may drop but essentially are within half a win from being outright 2nd.
Some perspective.. we are a competitive side again. Today was scrappy and frustrating at times, the umpires were rubbish again.. we won.
We’re the youngest side in the league with the least games experience. But I think we’re building towards something real special. Today was the first win I’ve seen in person since round 1 last year against the eagles. I’ll take it!

Last edited:
Since the bye we have played 9 games.
  • 3 have been wins
  • 2 we lost by less than a goal against the last two premiers.
  • 2 were by under 3 goals against 2 sides both likely to make top 4 (and dogs arguably the best team in it atm).
  • The other two were probably our worst performances against the top side on the ladder at their home and the other against a side currently sitting 2nd though may drop but essentially are within half a win from being outright 2nd.
Some perspective.. we are a competitive side again. Today was scrappy and frustrating at times, the umpires were rubbish again.. we won.
We’re the youngest side in the league with the least games experience. But I think we’re building towards something real special. Today was the first win I’ve seen in person since round 1 last year against the eagles. I’ll take it!
Last two premiers? Melbourne won it in 2021 and have been absolutely horrible since the bye, as have Collingwood. I’m more than content with the improvement since the bye but those two sides have been absolutely rubbish for months and will miss finals. Positive perspective is good but you still need to be balanced about it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Autopsy vs Richmond - narrow win gives NMFC its third win of the season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back