Competitions Awesome Conference - 2016 AFC Draft Game

Remove this Banner Ad

Sean Lemmens

LEMMENS%20Sean.png

Former Port magpies player who has an impact for the Suns.

Milera Time

View attachment 198713

Line up
F Lindsay Thomas Jack Darling Harris Andrews
HF Mitch Duncan Tom Lynch (GC) Aaron Hall
C Jack Macrae Daniel Hanneberry Steele Sidebottom
HB Pearce Hanley Ben Reid Taylor Duryea
B Garrick Ibbotson Cale Hooker Sam Docherty
1R Shane Mumford Dion Prestia Marc Murphy
INT Brad Crouch Mark Baguley Levi Greenwood Alex Fasolo
EMER Jacob Weitering Rhys Stanley Lachlan Hunter

Squad players Jeremy Laidler Levi Casboult Sam Gibson Ben Griffiths Michael Jamison Jarrod Harbrow Jarman Impey Jackson Thurlow Lachie Weller Robin Nahas

Reasonably happy with my final team. Would have liked another medium/small forward but just couldn't snare one of value.

Need the big Mummy to get through a full season.

Major punts were on Tom Lynch and Harris Andrews. Hope the sun shines for them up in Queensland this season.

Reckon Reid and Hooker (or both) are a chance to play up forward this season so I made sure I had some key defensive cover.

The Crenshaw Mafia

maxresdefault.jpg

Sponsored by

5619448397_f96a01ea2e_b.jpg

Coach: Alfread E Newman

Team: The Crenshaw Mafia

FB: Brown - MacKenzie - McGovern
HB: Crisp - Davis - Broomhead
C: Hartlett - Gibbs - Dunstan
HF: Conigilo - Gunston- Bontempelli
FF: McCarthy - Bruce - C. Cameron

Ruck: Lobbe - Dangerfield - Wines

Interchange: Varcoe - Scully - Mzungu - Jetta

Captain: Patrick Dangerfield
Vice Captain: Phill Davis

Squad:
23. Mackie
24. Aish
25. Kerridge
26. Holmes
27. Van Verlo
28. Hoskin-Elliott
29. Watts
30. Gore
31. Durdin
32. Alex Silvagni
33. Shane Kersten
34. Caleb Daniel
35. Sean Lemmens

Need Lobbe to play 22 games plus any final port power have. Praying for an injury free year as Conigilo, Broomhead, Crisp and Dunstan to they continue to improve at the same rate they have and Davis, Mackenzie and McCarthy stay injury free and committed to his club for a good year.

I gave my selection to Hank. I have two players I really like for the pick, so I'm happy for him to make it for me.

Coach: Alfread E Newman

Team: The Crenshaw Mafia

FB: Brown - MacKenzie - McGovern
HB: Crisp - Davis - Broomhead
C: Hartlett - Gibbs - Dunstan
HF: Conigilo - Gunston- Bontempelli
FF: McCarthy - Bruce - C. Cameron

Ruck: Lobbe - Dangerfield - Wines

Interchange: Varcoe - Scully - Mzungu - Jetta
Not convinced about your depth but that first 18 is bloody strong. Will be hard to beat if they stay on the park

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Definitely. Always reckon teams are better off loading up on their first 18 rather than trying to have depth and competition for spots.

Our spots 15-35 have been quite even for years and it achieves stuff all.

This game is a little different though in that it's a pure draft - not a list management/salary cap situation. You'd rather have depth than not and shrewd late drafting doesn't cost you anything.

Snortin' Swine!

FF: Daniel Menzel, Travis Cloke, Steve Johnson
HF: Chad Wingard, Josh Jenkins, Jamie Cripps
C: Stephen Hill, Andrew Swallow, Jack Viney
HB: Elliot Yeo, Josh Gibson, Michael Hibberd
FB: Ben Stratton, Jack Hombsch, Brad Sheppard
R: Aaron Sandilands, Nathan Fyfe, Ben Cunnington
IC: Max Gawn, Jaeger O'Meara, Ben Jacobs, Ryan Schoenmakers

Reserves: Nick Vlastuin, Lynden Dunn, Dale Thomas, Will Minson, Matt Rosa, Corey Gregson,
Daniel McStay, Jack Frost, Mark Hutchings, Adam Cooney,
Clayton Oliver, Xavier Ellis, Liam Duggan

Pretty happy with my team. Mix of pace and brute force in the middle, plenty of attacking options in the forwards especially my smalls. Bit of a risk on Cloke and Jenkins but both have the ability to fire if they have the right application and focus.

Gibson/Hombsch/Stratton are rock solid defenders, Gibson an AA and reigning B&F winner. Hombsch is only improving and Port love him. Small defenders can provide run but equally adept at locking down on opponents.

Ruck combo of Sandi and Gawn I'm going to say is the best in this comp, Gawn showed huge growth in the latter part of the year and is the clear number 1 for Melbourne. As long as Sandi's toes don't fall apart he's clearly still going to be one of the best in the comp.

I really like my depth, went for plenty of safe options who I can bank on 18+ games. I wanted cover on every line so got 4 key backs, 4 key forwards, 3 ruckman and a host of midfielders. Dunn and Frost have every chance of making their way into my final 22, the Shoe and McStay less likely but more than capable of being solid backup if Cloke or Jenkins fall over.

Few risks in Dale Thomas, Adam Cooney, Jaeger O'Meara but I couldn't overlook them when they were available.

9 of my current 22 are left footers, 13 of the 22 made finals this year.

Last edited:
Sorry - I got out of order and picked Sam Day before Knobby picked Ah Chee.

FAITH.

Remove this Banner Ad

Competitions Awesome Conference - 2016 AFC Draft Game

Remove this Banner Ad

Back