B Section B Section Amateur Football

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can use stats all you like, St. Bernards have had 72 shots on goal to East Keilor Grammars 59.

St. Bernards opponents in the first two weeks have had 54 scoring shots against them to East Keilor Grammars 45, a difference of only 9. Or if we average it out its only 4.5 shots more per match St. Bernards opponents are shooting on goal more than EKG in the first two weeks.

East Keilor Grammar? Sounds like a bit of Small Man Sydrome.

Anyway I don't think St Bernards are a bad team, I just think people are going over the top saying they've seen enough after watching them beat OH by 4 pts. Especially since OH didn't exactly set the world on fire against Beauy who then beat Camberwell on Saturday. None of this looks like Group1 form to me.

OEG's scoring should be bolstered with Condos' first game this week.

Anyway I don't think St Bernards are a bad team, I just think people are going over the top saying they've seen enough after watching them beat OH by 4 pts. Especially since OH didn't exactly set the world on fire against Beauy who then beat Camberwell on Saturday. None of this looks like Group1 form to me.

Small Man Syndrome at St Bernards? Never....

Well done to Beauy for beating Old Camberwell away against a highly fancied opponent.

Agreed Terry. I've been one of Beauy's biggest critics over the pre-season so was pleasently surprised when I saw that result.

As for OMs, very competitive in the first half but just ran out of legs. Move the ball quite well but just no real targets up forward.

Agreed Terry. I've been one of Beauy's biggest critics over the pre-season so was pleasently surprised when I saw that result.

As for OMs, very competitive in the first half but just ran out of legs. Move the ball quite well but just no real targets up forward.

TBP, Beauy win also without their best player week before in McNally due to a work place injury.

Also good to see Lynch back after a year overseas

Clanger Mitchell comes to mind.......

St Bernards seem to be the 98 Degrees of the competition. They may have strung a few hit singles together, but the album will never go Platinum.

For me just lacking the glamour and superstardom of an N*Sync or Backstreet Boys

and West Life...however I have heard for their next album they will load up a few supporters to go and buy themselves a plantinum album.

??? Small man syndrome???

Well lets be serious, you cant really call yourself Essendon when your smack bang in the middle of EK.

Seriously lets hope that OEG and Bernies stay undefeated heading into Rd5. Will be a cracker. Word is the EDFL are shutting up shop for the day and they are building another stand on the bowling club side to keep the expected masses in check. Cant wait for Cheeses articles in the MV Leader.

Not gonna find much Group 1 form in B grade fella. If you wanna find the Hussler try Toorak Park or Harry Trott.

And it's true you are in East Keilor. Perhaps you could join forces with EKC and form some sort of 'super club'

Well done to Beauy for beating Old Camberwell away against a highly fancied opponent.

OC had 10 more scoring shots than Beauy - Kingsley mustn't have brought the goal kicking GPS on Saturday.
Beauy will have their real test this week with OEG at PEGS. Condos must be as angry as plumber fixing a toilet full of shit sitting on the sidelines for the last 2 weeks. Look out Sharks I feel a thumping coming.......

OC had 10 more scoring shots than Beauy - Kingsley mustn't have brought the goal kicking GPS on Saturday.
Beauy will have their real test this week with OEG at PEGS. Condos must be as angry as plumber fixing a toilet full of shit sitting on the sidelines for the last 2 weeks. Look out Sharks I feel a thumping coming.......

Come on merc, last time I checked its the side that kicked the highest score that wins the game not the highest scoring shots...poor kicking is poor football - kicking goals is just part of the myriad of skills and if OC can't perform this skill don't blame it on Beauy.

Whatever happens this week happens, end of the day Beauy are 4 points ahead of OC on being relegated so you should be concerned about OC's next game not Beauy's.

StB has let through almost 40 goals in 2 weeks and lack talls.

What are they going to do when they come up against a forward line with Condos, Cooper, Clifton and Skurrie?

They might let through 40 goals that week.....can they kick 41?

A lack of talls hasnt seemed to worry them as yet, so i dont see how it will worry them coming up against other teams.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Come on merc, last time I checked its the side that kicked the highest score that wins the game not the highest scoring shots...poor kicking is poor football - kicking goals is just part of the myriad of skills and if OC can't perform this skill don't blame it on Beauy.

Whatever happens this week happens, end of the day Beauy are 4 points ahead of OC on being relegated so you should be concerned about OC's next game not Beauy's.

I agree Cardio - SKOB have done it the last 2 weeks and all we have to show for it is the best % for a team that hasnt won a game in the history of the VAFA. (Jascave may correct me there)
It was more a shot at Kingsley than at Beauy's win - all credit to them but the test for B graders is OEG at PEGS with an angry Condos. So if Beauy wins that please make room for me to jump on the Misfud bandwagon......

Well lets be serious, you cant really call yourself Essendon when your smack bang in the middle of EK.

Seriously lets hope that OEG and Bernies stay undefeated heading into Rd5. Will be a cracker. Word is the EDFL are shutting up shop for the day and they are building another stand on the bowling club side to keep the expected masses in check. Cant wait for Cheeses articles in the MV Leader.

We won't worry about the 2 sites in Raleigh and Park St.

But you're right, I'd much rather be in Avondale Heights.

I agree Cardio - SKOB have done it the last 2 weeks and all we have to show for it is the best % for a team that hasnt won a game in the history of the VAFA. (Jascave may correct me there)
It was more a shot at Kingsley than at Beauy's win - all credit to them but the test for B graders is OEG at PEGS with an angry Condos. So if Beauy wins that please make room for me to jump on the Misfud bandwagon......

Merc, if they win next week then I doubt if there will be any room for both of us. Perhaps Kingsley needs to stay have have more shots on goals than racing off in his speed machine after training - just an idea

Cheer

StB has let through almost 40 goals in 2 weeks and lack talls.

What are they going to do when they come up against a forward line with Condos, Cooper, Clifton and Skurrie?

They might let through 40 goals that week.....can they kick 41?

well said HBW.

Condos is yet to feature in the OEG season.

Clifton is yet to perform to his best.

and as for Cooper, he will definately be a stand out performer and might even be OEG most influencial player.

3 campuses: Essendon, Moonee Ponds and Keilor East.

Drawing a line between them will give you a triangle (hopefully....StB boys aren't known for their book smarts). Inside that triangle you will find most of Essendon, West Essendon, Keilor East and part of Niddrie. Essendon Grammar suits just fine.

Either way you boys are in no shape to talk about location. Everyone knows the shit from the OEG sewer pipes runs down the hill into St Bernards.

Drawing a line between them will give you a triangle (hopefully....StB boys aren't known for their book smarts). Inside that triangle you will find most of Essendon, West Essendon, Keilor East and part of Niddrie.

Either way you boys are in no shape to talk about location. Everyone knows the shit from the OEG sewer pipes runs down the hill into St Bernards.

Isosceles or equilateral?

No one cares about Old Essendon. You can win all the games in the Home and Away season for all we care, but it's common knowledge you can't play finals football, year after year you let yourselves and your supporters down. I wouldn't be celebrating anything pal, including this Saturday. Come back in September .
On top of that, Essendon is the arse end of the world, if only we could cut your town out of melbourne and tow it past Tasmania.

Drawing a line between them will give you a triangle (hopefully....StB boys aren't known for their book smarts). Inside that triangle you will find most of Essendon, West Essendon, Keilor East and part of Niddrie.

Well explained. HBW im sure the STB boys will end up there for a shit after OEG are done with them

No one cares about Old Essendon. You can win all the games in the Home and Away season for all we care, but it's common knowledge you can't play finals football, year after year you let yourselves and your supporters down. I wouldn't be celebrating anything pal, including this Saturday. Come back in September .
On top of that, Essendon is the arse end of the world, if only we could cut your town out of melbourne and tow it past Tasmania.

Um Keysborough???

Being a StKilda supporter I'm sure you are well versed with the terms "can't play finals football" and "year after year you let yourselves and your supporters down." Enough about the past however as unless you were old enough to remember 66 you aren't really going to know much about success anyway.

Also in relation to Essendon the suburb, what is your issue? "Arse end of the world"? Try getting from Keysborough to the CBD in 11 minutes one day, see how you go (Google maps puts it at 38 minutes). You would know only too well that the entire suburb is steeped in success, from the football team to the schools (StB & PEGS) to the house prices so you can have your Keysborough and I'll take the leafy green pastures of Essendon every day of the week.

Can anyone shed any light on the SKOBS last qtr fadeouts ... ? (which they also had in their last praccy against Bernies)
Are there any obvious reasons for them...?

ps: CG, cant wait for cheese obrien's much anticipated OEG V StB's scoop in the MV leader....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back