B Section B Section Amateur Football

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
On SKOB, interesting to see their first 2 results. I tipped them in both, but have come up short in both narrowly. I think the difference this year from last year is the fact they won the close ones last year (including 2 against Beauy). SKOB supporters will be able to correct me here, but they seemed to do enough to win last year, when everyone had written them off at the beginning of the season. Now that people expect them to win, they are just losing...maybe the roll of the dice is not favouring them this season!
I wonder who they will roll out mid-season if the tables haven't changed ala Paul Greenham in 2006, who single handedly kept them in B Section that year!
Do I tip Old Carey this week, or stick with SKOB...need some guidance as this is my "don't know who the hell to tip game" this week!

its interesting that u say no excuses BS when u have mentioned SKOBS injuries in multiple posts. small losses are still losses and u haven't played any of the 'favourites' yet.
few more things i have noticed the last day or two:
CC - if having a good thoroughfare to the mornington freeway is your selling point then i don't think people will be so excited keys.
Experience is so vital in the VAFA and Seccul and Loewe will be more than handy. for the record, stewie is on the good side of 40.
when u say the word FACT in capitol letters, it probably should mean FACT, not i reckon
OH STB and OEG would probably be the EARLY favs but again, be patient and wait a few weeks.
STB have let through 35 goals in 2 weeks but when u kick over 50, who cares.
thats my 2 cents and i'm sticking to it

its interesting that u say no excuses BS when u have mentioned SKOBS injuries in multiple posts. small losses are still losses and u haven't played any of the 'favourites' yet.
CC - if having a good thoroughfare to the mornington freeway is your selling point then i don't think people will be so excited keys.

FK, no I wasn't trying to sell the joint, crikey even the Pope couldn't sell housing lots there. Just saying its a great place to learn, play golf and then get the hell out of there via a strong road network.

Stewie is on the right side of 40....pity his hair isn't, but he is looking good down the gym though.

Will be interesting to see if any of the so-called expert tipsters in the forum give Beauy a go this weekend. Will Cardio Carl stay onboard the MifsudWagon as the only one other than me to tip Beauy last week? Will anyone else be game to jump aboard???[/quote]

IaG, your pumping me up old boy!.

I'm having beer with an old Beauy stalwart on Thursday in Brighton so I'll see how many beers he buys me (which is rare) and gives me some info on a couple of your boys I'm not across eg Gowers, McNally, LaRocca. etc. Also is this the 3rd or 4th reincarnation of a Blackmore down there?...they just keep popping up since the war I reckon.

Cardio

Experience is so vital in the VAFA and Seccul and Loewe will be more than handy. for the record, stewie is on the good side of 40.
when u say the word FACT in capitol letters, it probably should mean FACT, not i reckon
OH STB and OEG would probably be the EARLY favs but again, be patient and wait a few weeks.
STB have let through 35 goals in 2 weeks but when u kick over 50, who cares.
thats my 2 cents and i'm sticking to it

i think Kanoute has said it well.
it doesnt matter how many goals a team is gunna kick. if they let through just as many then they are even.
when STB comes up against a more mature forward line they will have no chance whethere they kick straight or not.

anyone with a voice on the best forward line for the comp???

On SKOB, interesting to see their first 2 results. I tipped them in both, but have come up short in both narrowly. I think the difference this year from last year is the fact they won the close ones last year (including 2 against Beauy). SKOB supporters will be able to correct me here, but they seemed to do enough to win last year, when everyone had written them off at the beginning of the season. Now that people expect them to win, they are just losing...maybe the roll of the dice is not favouring them this season!
I wonder who they will roll out mid-season if the tables haven't changed ala Paul Greenham in 2006, who single handedly kept them in B Section that year!
Do I tip Old Carey this week, or stick with SKOB...need some guidance as this is my "don't know who the hell to tip game" this week!

IAG - its only Rd2 son, no SOS to Paul Greenham is required as yet.
Good luck with your boys this week at PEGS as stated earlier you win I am on the Misfud wagon.:thumbsu:

Speaking of ruckman, my backstage crew inform me that Steve Mitchell of St Bernard's (who has stepped up to replace the previous ruckman who did a pre-season runner to a Geelong league for $) is set to choose the AJC Doncaster Day in Sydney this weekend over playing.....

Any truth in this rumour?

I was also led to believe there was a blanket ban on all St Bernards players from Cargo Bar after the antics of a certain St Bernards official in previous years?

Round 1 they played the last 60 mins with 17 and Saturday ran out of gas with a couple of players with bad broken bones HOWEVER no excuses, should have put Caulfield away in the second term and the common theme is they cant kick straight to save themselves. Its been happening for 2 years now, perhaps the coaching staff need to have the boys spend the whole of Thursday night in front of the sticks. Also time for the young lads to step up to the plate and put their money where their mouths are, too much being left to Mahns, Dolly, Gino and Garv. If they do, they have a bright year ahead, otherwise C Section beckons.

BS, looking at the first 2 rounds I see names like Dowd, Sullivan, Lynch, Charles, Bishop, Waldron feature prominantly amongst the best players I presume these players are of that younger era your talking of.

i think Kanoute has said it well.
it doesnt matter how many goals a team is gunna kick. if they let through just as many then they are even.
when STB comes up against a more mature forward line they will have no chance whethere they kick straight or not.

anyone with a voice on the best forward line for the comp???
Watched STBS on sat if they think that a game plan of total unaccountable footy , forward running of the ball at all costs , absolutely no defensive work at stoppages and all be wide receivers is going to sustain them all season , good luck . You dont allways win shoot outs and i have a feeling i have found the reason why they are down in B section .

Watched STBS on sat if they think that a game plan of total unaccountable footy , forward running of the ball at all costs , absolutely no defensive work at stoppages and all be wide receivers is going to sustain them all season , good luck . You dont allways win shoot outs and i have a feeling i have found the reason why they are down in B section .

Condos update, Lawyer?

Speaking of ruckman, my backstage crew inform me that Steve Mitchell of St Bernard's (who has stepped up to replace the previous ruckman who did a pre-season runner to a Geelong league for $) is set to choose the AJC Doncaster Day in Sydney this weekend over playing.....

Any truth in this rumour?

I was also led to believe there was a blanket ban on all St Bernards players from Cargo Bar after the antics of a certain St Bernards official in previous years?

There are also strong rumours circulating that old essendon socialite Dave Hardy, has put a special request to the AOC to be included in the Australian Athletics team bound for Beijing after posting an Olympic 'A' Qualifying time when doing a runner from Sydney hot spot 'Bungalow 8' during the VAFA Big Footy AGM last Autumn.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Condos update, Lawyer?
My contact at work who is involved at marby at a committee level said today that he thought they were still in the drivers seat in securing his services . Their recruiting officer Mat Peekos [i think that was his name] was apparently still in discussions this week . I cant give you any more info than that .

My contact at work who is involved at marby at a committee level said today that he thought they were still in the drivers seat in securing his services . Their recruiting officer Mat Peekos [i think that was his name] was apparently still in discussions this week . I cant give you any more info than that .

that would be matty pillios of channel 31 fame

Whilst we enjoy your input, can the kind folk from OEG please take a chill pill.

There's 9 other teams, why doesn't Marcellin or Carey have more represntation?

Very disappointing.

The reason why STb are in B section is they played the last 6 games last year with half their 2's side in the ones. Before that they were pushing for a finals berth.

If the football was so bad over the weekend why is it that the boys outscored OH by5-6 goals after quater time to WIN THE GAME. Keep disrespecting the dogs mate, itll bite you on the ass.

The reason why STb are in B section is they played the last 6 games last year with half their 2's side in the ones. Before that they were pushing for a finals berth.

If the football was so bad over the weekend why is it that the boys outscored OH by5-6 goals after quater time to WIN THE GAME. Keep disrespecting the dogs mate, itll bite you on the ass.

Believe me lads, their bark is worse than their bite. They got relegated because they were ordinary.

All I'm hearing is excuses. Must be the Simon Madden/Essendon Bombers influence.

interesting comments regarding the "simon madden/essendon influence"....

makes me wonder about OEG last year and the "Darren 'Handles' Handley influence"...

but moving onto this year....both teams are 2-0 and happy to be there i would imagine. Cant do more than that at this stage. (although reading some of the posts on this thing about 35billion goals getting let thru and poor game plan etc you wouldva thought we lost both games)

...round 5 should be a belter!

interesting comments regarding the "simon madden/essendon influence"....

makes me wonder about OEG last year and the "Darren 'Handles' Handley influence"...

but moving onto this year....both teams are 2-0 and happy to be there i would imagine. Cant do more than that at this stage. (although reading some of the posts on this thing about 35billion goals getting let thru and poor game plan etc you wouldva thought we lost both games)

...round 5 should be a belter!

Why does eveything have to come back to OEG? Are you boys that insecure?

Or is it 'that syndrome' rearing its ugly head again?

No Mr Pineapple, was just giving an example (and having a little stab at my old mate handles).

Again, the main purpose of my post.... Both teams 2-0 and happy to be there. Just found it funny that after two good wins, lots of talk about St B's was negative (and, correct me if i am wrong, most of the culprits seemed to have an pro-OEG flavour intheir remarks).

If the banter on this thing and the general rivalry between the two teams is anything to go by... there should be a few there at windy hill come r5.

Happy punting gents

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back